Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gender bias with dragon breeds
1 2 3 4 5
I prefer the male Tundra and Fae..

Female for everything else, especially Mirror - it's much more dynamic and appealing than the male's crouching pose.
I prefer the male Tundra and Fae..

Female for everything else, especially Mirror - it's much more dynamic and appealing than the male's crouching pose.
[@ping me to get my attention!]
Males:
Pearlcatchers
Ridgeback
Faes
Imperials
Guardians (Take 'em or leave em honestly. I'd like them as much as the females if they didn't have the beards)

Females:
Guardians
Snappers
Imperials
Spirals
Mirrors
Wildclaws
Skydancers

Thundras? Neither,but if I absolutely had to pick one it would probably be the male.
Males:
Pearlcatchers
Ridgeback
Faes
Imperials
Guardians (Take 'em or leave em honestly. I'd like them as much as the females if they didn't have the beards)

Females:
Guardians
Snappers
Imperials
Spirals
Mirrors
Wildclaws
Skydancers

Thundras? Neither,but if I absolutely had to pick one it would probably be the male.
Hoarding.
5161.png & 23093.png
I like the male perl catcher because it is the only design with dragon butt in it. }: )c

But yeah, now I think about it, the female poses generally DO look better, esp. on the starter breeds. and def the imperial looks better in flight.

Ridgeback. The flight pose is cool, but when a design has its wings closed, you can see more details on the site (another example is the mirror male/female) and I also like the big nose.

also, most designs have their faces in profile and I hope future breeds will step away from that some. I get why they have it that way (so people understand what the dragon's face looks like better) but most the designs have both the male and female in profile and it bugs me like 10%. 10% bugged.

But what actually irks me is the way the dragons shown in mid-stride are stepping: left + left, right + right. Only cats walk that way. I'm trying to get over it.
I like the male perl catcher because it is the only design with dragon butt in it. }: )c

But yeah, now I think about it, the female poses generally DO look better, esp. on the starter breeds. and def the imperial looks better in flight.

Ridgeback. The flight pose is cool, but when a design has its wings closed, you can see more details on the site (another example is the mirror male/female) and I also like the big nose.

also, most designs have their faces in profile and I hope future breeds will step away from that some. I get why they have it that way (so people understand what the dragon's face looks like better) but most the designs have both the male and female in profile and it bugs me like 10%. 10% bugged.

But what actually irks me is the way the dragons shown in mid-stride are stepping: left + left, right + right. Only cats walk that way. I'm trying to get over it.
I prefer male tundras, but still like the females.

I prefer the male ridgeback to the female, but I didn't realise I did until now. That nose is ridiculous but I find myself charmed. I, do you see a pattern here, like the female, too.

I prefer female faes, female mirrors, female spirals, female imperials, female skydancers, and male snappers!
I prefer male tundras, but still like the females.

I prefer the male ridgeback to the female, but I didn't realise I did until now. That nose is ridiculous but I find myself charmed. I, do you see a pattern here, like the female, too.

I prefer female faes, female mirrors, female spirals, female imperials, female skydancers, and male snappers!
Like hatchlings with circuits? Like hatchlings without circuits?
Take a peek at Integrated Dragons!

Timezone: FRT+8
Well I don't like the female mirror pose. It is doing too much but that might be because I don't like mirrors. (Don't go look in my nest and notice that I have more mirrors than others there. They are apart of my long term goals. :P )

Female tundras don't work as adults...The male is better.

For the rest I don't see a preference.
Well I don't like the female mirror pose. It is doing too much but that might be because I don't like mirrors. (Don't go look in my nest and notice that I have more mirrors than others there. They are apart of my long term goals. :P )

Female tundras don't work as adults...The male is better.

For the rest I don't see a preference.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
I prefer male Spirals and female Pearlcatchers, and I'm not all that fond of Guardians and Ridgebacks in general, but other than that I'm ok with the artwork for all breeds.

And I adore Tundras, especially the females! They make me think of big fluffy dogs. <3
I prefer male Spirals and female Pearlcatchers, and I&#039;m not all that fond of Guardians and Ridgebacks in general, but other than that I&#039;m ok with the artwork for all breeds.

And I adore Tundras, especially the females! They make me think of big fluffy dogs. <3
Fae
I do prefer the female pose a bit better than the male one - but they are pretty close to equal

Guardian
Same as fae

Imperial
I like the female pose loads more than the male one

Mirror
same as fae and guardian

Pearlcatcher
I like the female pose better than the male one

Ridgeback
same as pearl and imp

Snapper
same as pearl, imp, and ridge

Spiral
I like the male pose a bit better than the female, but it&#039;s close to equal for me

Tundra
I like the male way better

Wildclaw
equal

Skydancer
female looks cooler than the male - more dynamic

Gender bias depends on how &#039;interesting/aesthetically pleasing&#039; the pose is
Fae
I do prefer the female pose a bit better than the male one - but they are pretty close to equal

Guardian
Same as fae

Imperial
I like the female pose loads more than the male one

Mirror
same as fae and guardian

Pearlcatcher
I like the female pose better than the male one

Ridgeback
same as pearl and imp

Snapper
same as pearl, imp, and ridge

Spiral
I like the male pose a bit better than the female, but it&#039;s close to equal for me

Tundra
I like the male way better

Wildclaw
equal

Skydancer
female looks cooler than the male - more dynamic

Gender bias depends on how &#039;interesting/aesthetically pleasing&#039; the pose is
1zvd10k.jpgifwqol.jpg035lW2E.pngNBU7OtB.pngcqospVm.png
I love female pearlcatchers, they could have the ugliest coloring ever and still look gorgeous. I didn&#039;t like the males much at first but I&#039;ve grown to appreciate them. I like the male imperials better than the females, they look all studly just standing there.
I love female pearlcatchers, they could have the ugliest coloring ever and still look gorgeous. I didn&#039;t like the males much at first but I&#039;ve grown to appreciate them. I like the male imperials better than the females, they look all studly just standing there.
Hmm, lets see.

The female Tundra and Guardian are my least favorite dragons on site I think, tho when I owned a F Tundra it grew on me a smidgen...but just a smidgen. -u- I think its mostly the way the fur on its chest falls, and perhaps its neck. Putting a hood on her helped a little.

I have come to like Faes almost equally, with the Female ever so slightly in the lead, same with Ridgebacks. I greatly prefer Female Pearls to Male. The boys looks a little awkward, and their body structure isnt quite right for me. Wildclaws and Snappers have the same deal as Fae but reverse. Males win just a bit...Females win claws down for Imperials. I dont think I dislike the male but hes soo stiff...I cant decide which I prefer on Spirals, I think its dependent on color? I unno~ ...I prefer the male Mirror, despite his semi stiff pose, the female is just a bit too much for me. c: ..But the more I own these dragons, the more I come to like them pretty equally. <33
Hmm, lets see.

The female Tundra and Guardian are my least favorite dragons on site I think, tho when I owned a F Tundra it grew on me a smidgen...but just a smidgen. -u- I think its mostly the way the fur on its chest falls, and perhaps its neck. Putting a hood on her helped a little.

I have come to like Faes almost equally, with the Female ever so slightly in the lead, same with Ridgebacks. I greatly prefer Female Pearls to Male. The boys looks a little awkward, and their body structure isnt quite right for me. Wildclaws and Snappers have the same deal as Fae but reverse. Males win just a bit...Females win claws down for Imperials. I dont think I dislike the male but hes soo stiff...I cant decide which I prefer on Spirals, I think its dependent on color? I unno~ ...I prefer the male Mirror, despite his semi stiff pose, the female is just a bit too much for me. c: ..But the more I own these dragons, the more I come to like them pretty equally. <33
earth_zps343086a4.png
I love female guardians but I&#039;m not too fond of the male ones. I think it&#039;s the beard. In the beginning, I thought the mouth was open and that was the teeth/tentacles. ^^;; I like the female ridgebacks but the males...what is with the nose?! I also am not fond of female imperials. I think it&#039;s cause they look a bit awkward to me since you only see the back/wings. I prefer the male imperials because of that.

No preference for gender:
Pearlcatchers-They are adorable either gender! Either sitting and clutching the pearl or standing and about to toss the pearl. XP
Fae-I like the pose for both genders. On one, it&#039;s a side view but the other is a full frontal view so you can see the same genes but they aren&#039;t exactly alike. If that makes sense.
Spirals-Both poses are cool to me. The sassy sideways glance of the girl and the cool, nonchalant gaze of the male.
Wildclaws-Eh..the species as a whole is growing on me. I like both poses for them.

I don&#039;t like mirrors or snappers to be honest. I&#039;m not too sure why but I&#039;m not fond of those breeds so there really isn&#039;t a gender bias there. I just don&#039;t like them. -_-;;
I love female guardians but I&#039;m not too fond of the male ones. I think it&#039;s the beard. In the beginning, I thought the mouth was open and that was the teeth/tentacles. ^^;; I like the female ridgebacks but the males...what is with the nose?! I also am not fond of female imperials. I think it&#039;s cause they look a bit awkward to me since you only see the back/wings. I prefer the male imperials because of that.

No preference for gender:
Pearlcatchers-They are adorable either gender! Either sitting and clutching the pearl or standing and about to toss the pearl. XP
Fae-I like the pose for both genders. On one, it&#039;s a side view but the other is a full frontal view so you can see the same genes but they aren&#039;t exactly alike. If that makes sense.
Spirals-Both poses are cool to me. The sassy sideways glance of the girl and the cool, nonchalant gaze of the male.
Wildclaws-Eh..the species as a whole is growing on me. I like both poses for them.

I don&#039;t like mirrors or snappers to be honest. I&#039;m not too sure why but I&#039;m not fond of those breeds so there really isn&#039;t a gender bias there. I just don&#039;t like them. -_-;;
1 2 3 4 5