Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gender bias with dragon breeds
1 2 3 4 5
I hate male Guardians, but am okay with female Guardians. Same with Snappers- dislike the males, am neutral towards the females.
I hate male Guardians, but am okay with female Guardians. Same with Snappers- dislike the males, am neutral towards the females.
01nVszz.png
XmHV7tO.png
Depends on the breed.

For Mirrors, Faes, Guardians, Pearlcatchers and Wildclaws I don't really care.

Tundras... I prefer males because they have the bigger mane, but I like the pose on the female better.

Ridgebacks... love them both, but I like the male more because of the long nose.

Spirals... not a big fan of them, both look okay.

Imperial... male, because the female pose irks me.

Snappers... hate them, couldn't care less.
Depends on the breed.

For Mirrors, Faes, Guardians, Pearlcatchers and Wildclaws I don't really care.

Tundras... I prefer males because they have the bigger mane, but I like the pose on the female better.

Ridgebacks... love them both, but I like the male more because of the long nose.

Spirals... not a big fan of them, both look okay.

Imperial... male, because the female pose irks me.

Snappers... hate them, couldn't care less.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
@Ryha - The Tundra males grew on me, as I began to see different color combinations on them. The way their secondary colors mesh with their primary colors in instances of good color matching looks really, really nice. That and they kinda remind me of big, fluffy dogs with all that hair. So I kinda went from not liking them to going, "Awww, I kinda wanna pet him."

But the females. Ugh. I really, really wish I could find a female with the color combo I mentioned. Some kind of white or pale blue with a similar color as her secondary. Because they actually manage to look pretty that way. Otherwise, the design is glaringly awkward to me. Like a shaggy-haired poodle...
@Ryha - The Tundra males grew on me, as I began to see different color combinations on them. The way their secondary colors mesh with their primary colors in instances of good color matching looks really, really nice. That and they kinda remind me of big, fluffy dogs with all that hair. So I kinda went from not liking them to going, "Awww, I kinda wanna pet him."

But the females. Ugh. I really, really wish I could find a female with the color combo I mentioned. Some kind of white or pale blue with a similar color as her secondary. Because they actually manage to look pretty that way. Otherwise, the design is glaringly awkward to me. Like a shaggy-haired poodle...
I personally prefer a male Fae to a female due to the crowns on their heads; the female's looks...folded and drawn on the wrong side of the head at first.

Otherwise, I don't really dislike any of the others...
I personally prefer a male Fae to a female due to the crowns on their heads; the female's looks...folded and drawn on the wrong side of the head at first.

Otherwise, I don't really dislike any of the others...
dwfz.png
So the females are designed better? Clearly there is only one explanation [img]http://media.tumblr.com/0151c6fcb5209dd6c43a7d33ff27aee0/tumblr_reply_mglqytlWWM1r3scf2.gif[/img]
So the females are designed better?

Clearly there is only one explanation

tumblr_reply_mglqytlWWM1r3scf2.gif
TuEVAjZ.png
i do. :(

i only want to own male spirals, and i might like the male fae pose a little better than the female's.

i like female everything else, pretty much. female guardians, female imps, female snappers, female wildclaws, female mirrors. i don't strongly dislike the males of any of those breeds (except mirrors, i'd rather not own male mirrors), so, eh. the girls' poses look better, and i like the female wildclaw's headfeathers a whole lot better.

i don't really like pearls, tundras, or ridges though, so idc about their poses...
i do. :(

i only want to own male spirals, and i might like the male fae pose a little better than the female's.

i like female everything else, pretty much. female guardians, female imps, female snappers, female wildclaws, female mirrors. i don't strongly dislike the males of any of those breeds (except mirrors, i'd rather not own male mirrors), so, eh. the girls' poses look better, and i like the female wildclaw's headfeathers a whole lot better.

i don't really like pearls, tundras, or ridges though, so idc about their poses...
92mMlBz.gif
I think I'd have to agree and say I do tend to like more of the females of each breed. The only exception would be spirals I think, I love how the males look like they are looking at you and smiling. :D
Guardian females look really proud and in control to me, they have their head high while the males are closer to the ground and kind of look more submissive. Also, female spirals just look like they will mess you up if you get on their bad side. Maybe it's just me..
I think I'd have to agree and say I do tend to like more of the females of each breed. The only exception would be spirals I think, I love how the males look like they are looking at you and smiling. :D
Guardian females look really proud and in control to me, they have their head high while the males are closer to the ground and kind of look more submissive. Also, female spirals just look like they will mess you up if you get on their bad side. Maybe it's just me..
If you've ever received art from me and need a new link feel free to PM me, I guarantee I still have it.
I like most of the artwork for the genders, and even if I don't I can see, from an artistic perspective, what they were going for.

It's only natural we won't like everything necessarily.

For example, Guardians are my favorite base breed but I HATE the male's pose. LOATHE it. It's impossible to dress and looks awkward.

I do, however, really like the male Ridgeback's nose even though most people don't. :(
I like most of the artwork for the genders, and even if I don't I can see, from an artistic perspective, what they were going for.

It's only natural we won't like everything necessarily.

For example, Guardians are my favorite base breed but I HATE the male's pose. LOATHE it. It's impossible to dress and looks awkward.

I do, however, really like the male Ridgeback's nose even though most people don't. :(
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
[quote name="Cernos" date="2013-07-11 12:57:11" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=444446#444853"]@Ryha - The Tundra males grew on me, as I began to see different color combinations on them. The way their secondary colors mesh with their primary colors in instances of good color matching looks really, really nice. That and they kinda remind me of big, fluffy dogs with all that hair. So I kinda went from not liking them to going, "Awww, I kinda wanna pet him." But the females. Ugh. I really, really wish I could find a female with the color combo I mentioned. Some kind of white or pale blue with a similar color as her secondary. Because they actually manage to look pretty that way. Otherwise, the design is glaringly awkward to me. Like a shaggy-haired poodle...[/quote]@cernos LOL that's actually why I have chosen tundras to become skydancers, Im hoping that is works similar for them since they have very similar wings. @Chaoticreactions luls

@cernos LOL that's actually why I have chosen tundras to become skydancers, Im hoping that is works similar for them since they have very similar wings.

@Chaoticreactions luls

There are only a few I really prefer over the other:

Male Tundras
Female Guardians

Absolutely dislike:

Male ridgebacks
There are only a few I really prefer over the other:

Male Tundras
Female Guardians

Absolutely dislike:

Male ridgebacks
coffee. need coffee.