Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds/Coliseum Status Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thrage is all kinds of amazing. :-)

Thanks again to everyone for bearing with us so far through our stabilization week and growing pains.
Thrage is all kinds of amazing. :-)

Thanks again to everyone for bearing with us so far through our stabilization week and growing pains.
I'm not sure if it's my laptop that magically fixed itself or your amazing work, Thrage but the coliseum doesn't lag for me at all anymore! Nor do the fairground games. I can finally fight a battle in less than a minute instead of taking five or more because of lag. Grinding has become so much easier. xD
I'm not sure if it's my laptop that magically fixed itself or your amazing work, Thrage but the coliseum doesn't lag for me at all anymore! Nor do the fairground games. I can finally fight a battle in less than a minute instead of taking five or more because of lag. Grinding has become so much easier. xD
ZGYmTia.png
[quote name="Magpie" date="2013-06-13 15:31:30" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=4&id=37991#60973"]I'm not sure if it's my laptop that magically fixed itself or your amazing work, Thrage but the coliseum doesn't lag for me at all anymore! Nor do the fairground games. I can finally fight a battle in less than a minute instead of taking five or more because of lag. Grinding has become so much easier. xD[/quote] This is great news! Do you use Firefox by any chance? Or anything other than Chrome, really. I spent a long time yesterday trying to improve the non-Chrome experience, and this could be a result of that.

This is great news! Do you use Firefox by any chance? Or anything other than Chrome, really. I spent a long time yesterday trying to improve the non-Chrome experience, and this could be a result of that.
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
Nope, I use Chrome actually. But maybe fixing it with other browsers helped Chrome's case too? Like took off the heavy load on it or something.
Nope, I use Chrome actually. But maybe fixing it with other browsers helped Chrome's case too? Like took off the heavy load on it or something.
ZGYmTia.png
So far, coliseum is running great aside from a few pauses but I'm not sure if that's my internet derping or it just...pausing. xD Either way, it's running smoothly, using Firefox as my browser.

But I still feel like, especially in the Scorched Forest, monsters dodge so much and dragons barely dodge at all. x.x
So far, coliseum is running great aside from a few pauses but I'm not sure if that's my internet derping or it just...pausing. xD Either way, it's running smoothly, using Firefox as my browser.

But I still feel like, especially in the Scorched Forest, monsters dodge so much and dragons barely dodge at all. x.x
"My brain is like a warehouse - you can't ever find what it is you're looking for but instead find information you were looking for 4 months ago." - Sciger
[quote name="Thrage" date="2013-06-13 15:43:26" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=4&id=37991#61077"]I spent a long time yesterday trying to improve the non-Chrome experience, and this could be a result of that.[/quote] I use Firefox and I must say, battling has never been this fast before. Very, very close to the almost-scary-instantaneous speed that one can see in FR's YouTube videos. :>
I spent a long time yesterday trying to improve the non-Chrome experience, and this could be a result of that.

I use Firefox and I must say, battling has never been this fast before. Very, very close to the almost-scary-instantaneous speed that one can see in FR's YouTube videos. :>
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

kHDHcKs.png
In addition to the lag issues in puzzle that I mentioned earlier, the coliseum just started acting up for me.

Stalled in mid battle
when I refreshed and started again, its acting weird.
When the monsters attack my dragons dissappear, all the buttons below the battle window disappear, and its lagging when I make my moves.
In addition to the lag issues in puzzle that I mentioned earlier, the coliseum just started acting up for me.

Stalled in mid battle
when I refreshed and started again, its acting weird.
When the monsters attack my dragons dissappear, all the buttons below the battle window disappear, and its lagging when I make my moves.
Gravemind meets Plaguebringer. All Hail the Green Flood-Plague!
vzNlDQJ.gifKjfBGiq.pngyjJhTxB.png
[quote name="Thrage" date="2013-06-13 13:40:17" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=4&id=37991#60319"]Coliseum is now back up. Leak may be fixed, or we could all catch fire, and then, uh ... explode! Time will tell![/quote] Sorry. It's not burning, but it has been down for quite a while -- or at least lagging a lot. It was running smoothly until ~07:20 server time. Well, there were occasional pauses before that too, mostly after selecting the action. Seemed like the dragons paused to think for a bit before attacking.
Coliseum is now back up. Leak may be fixed, or we could all catch fire, and then, uh ... explode! Time will tell!
Sorry.
It's not burning, but it has been down for quite a while -- or at least lagging a lot.

It was running smoothly until ~07:20 server time. Well, there were occasional pauses before that too, mostly after selecting the action. Seemed like the dragons paused to think for a bit before attacking.
Had a crash last night. I just can't babysit this thing enough!

We are up again. Sorry!
Had a crash last night. I just can't babysit this thing enough!

We are up again. Sorry!
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
@Thrage

I just had the coliseum freeze on me in a rated match, turns changed and then things went blank and froze. :(

*edit*
Its doing the weird "all buttons and bars under the battle image disappearing on turns" thing again, as well as still randomly totally blanking out on matches. Also the last match I had, my dragons cycled through who was ready but it would not allow me to click on my dragon's abilities as it stayed dark like it was the opponent's turn.
@Thrage

I just had the coliseum freeze on me in a rated match, turns changed and then things went blank and froze. :(

*edit*
Its doing the weird "all buttons and bars under the battle image disappearing on turns" thing again, as well as still randomly totally blanking out on matches. Also the last match I had, my dragons cycled through who was ready but it would not allow me to click on my dragon's abilities as it stayed dark like it was the opponent's turn.
Gravemind meets Plaguebringer. All Hail the Green Flood-Plague!
vzNlDQJ.gifKjfBGiq.pngyjJhTxB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10