Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fiona's familiar-care budget
Had a thought about our favorite familiar friend!

Lately the active playerbase tops out around ~4600 per day at any one time, but that's not a great estimate of daily player count-- that doesn't count players who are only online during one specific part of the day or online outside of peak hours. I'm just gonna sprinkle on an extra 1k onto that to make a daily player count of 7600. It's a wild estimate; we're gonna be using a lot of those here.

Let's assume that only a portion of those players bond with all eight of Fiona's familiars. 60% of players is a wild ballpark estimate, and possibly a lowball, but I don't know that much about how many players actually go through Fiona as part of their dailies.

Bonding with familiars gives you treasure, which depends on the familiar's stage. I myself (and presumably most other players) tend to get familiars from a wide variety of stages, so let's take the average amount of treasure per familiar: about 30. (Technically it's 31.long decimal, but let's round that down to make it a bit cleaner.)

30 treasure x 8 familiars per day = 240 treasure. Not a lot, but when you consider that there's roughly (and I mean REALLY roughly) 4560 players bonding with all eight of Fiona's familiars every day, that's an expenditure of 1,094,400 treasure per day. Extend that to a week and it's 7.6mil. Extend that to a month and it's 32.8mil.

I don't think those familiars are finding the treasure-- I think Fiona's familiar-care budget is just that incredible. What an icon.
Had a thought about our favorite familiar friend!

Lately the active playerbase tops out around ~4600 per day at any one time, but that's not a great estimate of daily player count-- that doesn't count players who are only online during one specific part of the day or online outside of peak hours. I'm just gonna sprinkle on an extra 1k onto that to make a daily player count of 7600. It's a wild estimate; we're gonna be using a lot of those here.

Let's assume that only a portion of those players bond with all eight of Fiona's familiars. 60% of players is a wild ballpark estimate, and possibly a lowball, but I don't know that much about how many players actually go through Fiona as part of their dailies.

Bonding with familiars gives you treasure, which depends on the familiar's stage. I myself (and presumably most other players) tend to get familiars from a wide variety of stages, so let's take the average amount of treasure per familiar: about 30. (Technically it's 31.long decimal, but let's round that down to make it a bit cleaner.)

30 treasure x 8 familiars per day = 240 treasure. Not a lot, but when you consider that there's roughly (and I mean REALLY roughly) 4560 players bonding with all eight of Fiona's familiars every day, that's an expenditure of 1,094,400 treasure per day. Extend that to a week and it's 7.6mil. Extend that to a month and it's 32.8mil.

I don't think those familiars are finding the treasure-- I think Fiona's familiar-care budget is just that incredible. What an icon.
YUDrFCG.png
familiars give us treasure when we bond with them on our dragons, so i don't think its out of her pocket.

however. what is out off her pocket is when she doubles what the fams give when we both have them active, so....
familiars give us treasure when we bond with them on our dragons, so i don't think its out of her pocket.

however. what is out off her pocket is when she doubles what the fams give when we both have them active, so....
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
this is EXACTLY the type of math my brain does in math class instead of boring real-world questions XD ones that i'll never actually use, ones that will never actually impact my life, but ones i really need to know the answer to

side note, i love to lowball on these types of questions, so that when i finish calculating i can be like "oh gosh, that's still a lot, i wonder what that number would have been if the proportions were accurate")

some of my other favourites (though not all are related to FR)
-if each person in our school was given 1 dollar each day, how much money will the school have to spend on dollar giving every year? how much does the school earn each year to begin with anyways?

-how much does tomo pay her visitors each day? (this one i actually calculated: let's assume only 5000 players visit and do errands on fr each day [as i've said before, i love to lowball], and only 2000 of them do tomos. out of all questions, i will assume they each get half the questions correct. each question answered correctly yields 300 treasure. that's 5x300x2000=3,000,000 treasure each single day, even though i lowballed incredibly... low? each week, that would be 21 million treasure, 84 million each month, and 1008 million each year. by that point, i don't think it would be considered in the "millions", but let's roll with it anyways XD) what did we learn from that 10 minutes of calculation, kids? tomo's rich. that's all. but it was worth it.

-how much does the school earn from lunch money each day? (our lunch is the equivalent of 4 dollars each day)

-how many chairs are in the entire school building?

-if 2 witches were watching 2 watches, which witch would watch which watch? (okay no that was a joke XD)

but yes it's fun to think about silly lil' questions like these!
this is EXACTLY the type of math my brain does in math class instead of boring real-world questions XD ones that i'll never actually use, ones that will never actually impact my life, but ones i really need to know the answer to

side note, i love to lowball on these types of questions, so that when i finish calculating i can be like "oh gosh, that's still a lot, i wonder what that number would have been if the proportions were accurate")

some of my other favourites (though not all are related to FR)
-if each person in our school was given 1 dollar each day, how much money will the school have to spend on dollar giving every year? how much does the school earn each year to begin with anyways?

-how much does tomo pay her visitors each day? (this one i actually calculated: let's assume only 5000 players visit and do errands on fr each day [as i've said before, i love to lowball], and only 2000 of them do tomos. out of all questions, i will assume they each get half the questions correct. each question answered correctly yields 300 treasure. that's 5x300x2000=3,000,000 treasure each single day, even though i lowballed incredibly... low? each week, that would be 21 million treasure, 84 million each month, and 1008 million each year. by that point, i don't think it would be considered in the "millions", but let's roll with it anyways XD) what did we learn from that 10 minutes of calculation, kids? tomo's rich. that's all. but it was worth it.

-how much does the school earn from lunch money each day? (our lunch is the equivalent of 4 dollars each day)

-how many chairs are in the entire school building?

-if 2 witches were watching 2 watches, which witch would watch which watch? (okay no that was a joke XD)

but yes it's fun to think about silly lil' questions like these!
clzOjn5.png
If you think Fiona has it rough, just imagine how long those lines to Baldwin's single cauldron that every clan on Sornieth uses are!

Poor Bogsneak never sleeps, I have to assume.
If you think Fiona has it rough, just imagine how long those lines to Baldwin's single cauldron that every clan on Sornieth uses are!

Poor Bogsneak never sleeps, I have to assume.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.