Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | but what if
1 2 3
Prefacing this to say I do like the current dusthides I just wanted to see what they'd look like if they had unconventional eye placement [img]https://i.postimg.cc/gjS27SmF/image.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/6QfwSjfj/image.png[/img] I kinda "dig" it hee hoo. The tail eye could be useful when rolled up or to keep watch while digging tunnels, maybe is covered with a very durable eyecap sorta like snakes to protect it
Prefacing this to say I do like the current dusthides I just wanted to see what they'd look like if they had unconventional eye placement

image.png
image.png

I kinda "dig" it hee hoo. The tail eye could be useful when rolled up or to keep watch while digging tunnels, maybe is covered with a very durable eyecap sorta like snakes to protect it
oh this is incredibly big-brained of you....
oh this is incredibly big-brained of you....
wishlistg1 salesbadge collectionthe nest - perma sales threadblank canvas hatchery
IMG-1405.png
It does look a lot more interesting without the eyes on the head.
It does look a lot more interesting without the eyes on the head.
CO4hmv7.gif8xbWHuG.gif
this concept has my biology brain firing on ALL cylinders

this concept seems especially viable for dusthides because they live in tunnels, ergo darker surroundings! if they evolve, like many burrowing animals, to have limited eyesight in favor of other senses, then they're uniquely adapted to have interestingly-placed eyes :o

surface-dwelling dragons would want eyes closer to their brains to limit the time optical information takes to travel (even neurons take a small amount time to send impulses). however, it wouldn't be nearly as detrimental for dusthides to take longer to process visual input, because they wouldn't rely as much on sight anyway. who knows, maybe they would evolve to have eyes on their tails so that, if they were to burrow down from the surface, they would have an eye facing the light to watch for avalanches, unstable rock formations, etc that could collapse on them while they're digging!

i DESPERATELY want this now
this concept has my biology brain firing on ALL cylinders

this concept seems especially viable for dusthides because they live in tunnels, ergo darker surroundings! if they evolve, like many burrowing animals, to have limited eyesight in favor of other senses, then they're uniquely adapted to have interestingly-placed eyes :o

surface-dwelling dragons would want eyes closer to their brains to limit the time optical information takes to travel (even neurons take a small amount time to send impulses). however, it wouldn't be nearly as detrimental for dusthides to take longer to process visual input, because they wouldn't rely as much on sight anyway. who knows, maybe they would evolve to have eyes on their tails so that, if they were to burrow down from the surface, they would have an eye facing the light to watch for avalanches, unstable rock formations, etc that could collapse on them while they're digging!

i DESPERATELY want this now
they/them
oh this looks so cool :00

i hope someone makes a skin with an idea similar to this! might be creepy but maybe the whole tail covered in eyes :0
oh this looks so cool :00

i hope someone makes a skin with an idea similar to this! might be creepy but maybe the whole tail covered in eyes :0
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
Woah, that's kinda cool! Reminds me of cave-dwelling blind salamanders like the olm
Woah, that's kinda cool! Reminds me of cave-dwelling blind salamanders like the olm
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
Dang, that's a good idea!!
Dang, that's a good idea!!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
Should I do it . . . Should I make a skin . . . This is SUCH a good idea!
Should I do it . . . Should I make a skin . . . This is SUCH a good idea!
2xvYPbw.png

» Astro

- Skin Shop
- Adopt Shop

» FR +1

- Pings recommended!
Imagine if.... they had a singular eye in their forehead like a cyclops
A giant one too.... (I think I just want cyclops dragons)
Imagine if.... they had a singular eye in their forehead like a cyclops
A giant one too.... (I think I just want cyclops dragons)
5hF3FGk.png
nWiQNX9.png
xj6Mn2e.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
6CY5Udh.png
Sky (she/they) | Fandregs | LGBTQ+ | Seasonal pfps
65HCvnO.png
I NEED THIS
I NEED THIS
dsfdsf.png
freshly expired lizard