Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | so...dusthides exist...
1 2 3 4
editing this and taking my replies out bc i simply <3 do not care <3 that much, also it cluttered up my forum history and that bugged me LOL </3

tldr i think the new ancient is kinda weakly designed specifically in terms of being an ancient, and it has more...modern breed vibes. its giving generic. but i think their genes are gorgeous and they're posed well and if they weren't ancient i'd genuinely adore them sm, im glad other ppl like them for what they are tho!!!!

its not an attack on staff or whoever made them, just my 2 cents

lalala wheeeeeeee ^_^
editing this and taking my replies out bc i simply <3 do not care <3 that much, also it cluttered up my forum history and that bugged me LOL </3

tldr i think the new ancient is kinda weakly designed specifically in terms of being an ancient, and it has more...modern breed vibes. its giving generic. but i think their genes are gorgeous and they're posed well and if they weren't ancient i'd genuinely adore them sm, im glad other ppl like them for what they are tho!!!!

its not an attack on staff or whoever made them, just my 2 cents

lalala wheeeeeeee ^_^
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
I'm not seeing long slinky anything with these guys. They're pretty bulky, in a muscle sense. I really don't understand why every release lately is some how 'bad"
I'm not seeing long slinky anything with these guys. They're pretty bulky, in a muscle sense. I really don't understand why every release lately is some how 'bad"
in7SefG.png
genuine question, what do you mean almost every other ancient has a stubby face considering prior to aethers we got four in a ROW that had very prominent snouts (banes, veils, aberrations, and undertides), it's a fairly even split imo so why is it suddenly now a problem? like it's okay if that's not your thing but it doesn't mean the dragon designs are bad for it :\

EDIT: clarity
genuine question, what do you mean almost every other ancient has a stubby face considering prior to aethers we got four in a ROW that had very prominent snouts (banes, veils, aberrations, and undertides), it's a fairly even split imo so why is it suddenly now a problem? like it's okay if that's not your thing but it doesn't mean the dragon designs are bad for it :\

EDIT: clarity
dunno if you read my edited message but I'm not talking about the body designs, I'm talking about the face thing I keep seeing brought up in specific because I've seen it mentioned a lot in the past day when truly I don't see why a trend in face designs is a huge issue considering that the shorter-faced ancients came right off the heels of a trend of snoutier breeds. not saying people can't be disappointed but I don't personally understand it looking at the other ancients
dunno if you read my edited message but I'm not talking about the body designs, I'm talking about the face thing I keep seeing brought up in specific because I've seen it mentioned a lot in the past day when truly I don't see why a trend in face designs is a huge issue considering that the shorter-faced ancients came right off the heels of a trend of snoutier breeds. not saying people can't be disappointed but I don't personally understand it looking at the other ancients
OH you're good, I tend to only think of things to say after I've already hit submit so clarity was never my strong suit :p

yeah I getcha on that, I was kind of surprised to see dusthides had wings when I agree with the sentiment I've seen people say that they should have had more focus put on their shells. Honestly though, my feelings on it are just that the staff said that designs CAN break the standard of 2 arms, 2 legs, a tail and wings, that doesn't necessarily mean that absolutely needs to be the case. will admit I was hoping these guys would be a bit fatter but I am pleased to see them at least have a more prominent belly. not snapper-levels of chub but, it's a start.
OH you're good, I tend to only think of things to say after I've already hit submit so clarity was never my strong suit :p

yeah I getcha on that, I was kind of surprised to see dusthides had wings when I agree with the sentiment I've seen people say that they should have had more focus put on their shells. Honestly though, my feelings on it are just that the staff said that designs CAN break the standard of 2 arms, 2 legs, a tail and wings, that doesn't necessarily mean that absolutely needs to be the case. will admit I was hoping these guys would be a bit fatter but I am pleased to see them at least have a more prominent belly. not snapper-levels of chub but, it's a start.
Once again people need to remember that ancient breeds are first and foremost a means to release new breeds faster, the possibility of not following the "four limbs 2 wings" rule is just that, a possible and should not be expected.

It doesn't matter that they look like modern breeds, because they can't be released as modern anyway.
Once again people need to remember that ancient breeds are first and foremost a means to release new breeds faster, the possibility of not following the "four limbs 2 wings" rule is just that, a possible and should not be expected.

It doesn't matter that they look like modern breeds, because they can't be released as modern anyway.
GkKw54H.png
Like I said in another thread, I don't *dislike* the dusties, but I do agree they could've had a bit more to them. Spore is beautiful but I wish it was on the base dragon.

I feel like maybe with the line breaking terts that they're kind of intentionally drawing "simple" dragons so we can choose what line breaking terts we want but it doesn't always work because there's not a lot of terts for any given ancient :[

I do hope that we get a dragon that has more craziness to it, like massive plates or spikes of armor, tons of giant horns or 20 some pairs of wings.
Like I said in another thread, I don't *dislike* the dusties, but I do agree they could've had a bit more to them. Spore is beautiful but I wish it was on the base dragon.

I feel like maybe with the line breaking terts that they're kind of intentionally drawing "simple" dragons so we can choose what line breaking terts we want but it doesn't always work because there's not a lot of terts for any given ancient :[

I do hope that we get a dragon that has more craziness to it, like massive plates or spikes of armor, tons of giant horns or 20 some pairs of wings.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I feel like somewhere down the line folks got so caught up in the initial 'there can be different body plans' thing when the actual focus for ancients has been the wild and weird line breaking terts that moderns cannot have and that the two not meeting up often enough is leading to disappointment.

I dunno. They're fine? They do feel 'safe', but I don't necessarily think ancients were ever going to be super duper crazy to begin with- the base breed is supposed to be a base which can then be further customized. If the base is already too much going on then there's not much you can do with the additions without making it end up looking like a busy mess. That's one of the criticisms Undertides had, the poses in combination with some terts made the silhouettes unreadable. We also had a winged serpentine bodytype last breed which does greatly divert from the usual 1 pair arm- 1 pair leg- 1 pair wing designs. So maybe a more 'safe' design was called for this time around.

Maybe they could've been slated to have been moderns at some point. But moderns need apparel and maybe that just wasn't in the cards so they pivoted them to ancient to get them out. Idk. Baseless conjecture on my part.

If I have any criticism of the new baldies is that they're a bit... bland for my usual tastes... but that doesn't necessarily make them a bad ancient. They'd be just as bland as a modern too.
I feel like somewhere down the line folks got so caught up in the initial 'there can be different body plans' thing when the actual focus for ancients has been the wild and weird line breaking terts that moderns cannot have and that the two not meeting up often enough is leading to disappointment.

I dunno. They're fine? They do feel 'safe', but I don't necessarily think ancients were ever going to be super duper crazy to begin with- the base breed is supposed to be a base which can then be further customized. If the base is already too much going on then there's not much you can do with the additions without making it end up looking like a busy mess. That's one of the criticisms Undertides had, the poses in combination with some terts made the silhouettes unreadable. We also had a winged serpentine bodytype last breed which does greatly divert from the usual 1 pair arm- 1 pair leg- 1 pair wing designs. So maybe a more 'safe' design was called for this time around.

Maybe they could've been slated to have been moderns at some point. But moderns need apparel and maybe that just wasn't in the cards so they pivoted them to ancient to get them out. Idk. Baseless conjecture on my part.

If I have any criticism of the new baldies is that they're a bit... bland for my usual tastes... but that doesn't necessarily make them a bad ancient. They'd be just as bland as a modern too.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I am only a little sad as the teaser definitely implied a plated or shell breed. They feel surprisingly kinda smoother than I expected. I definitely don’t have a problem with its design though, just kinda maybe the teasers should be more careful in revealing the dragon in the future. A lot of guesses were on a shell or plated. It’s kinda there though, just not as much as I wanted.
I am only a little sad as the teaser definitely implied a plated or shell breed. They feel surprisingly kinda smoother than I expected. I definitely don’t have a problem with its design though, just kinda maybe the teasers should be more careful in revealing the dragon in the future. A lot of guesses were on a shell or plated. It’s kinda there though, just not as much as I wanted.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I mean, at the end of the day, they're still dragons, they still need to look draconic. We can't be too picky with what we get. Don't lose hope though, in the next 5 months we might get something more wacky!

I don't know if they're held back by the need for a secondary, but it definitely feels like it. It would seem like the secondary shouldn't overpower the body design or impose on the primary in posing... while also allowing for potential parallel genes to be viable. If we get a wingless dragon in future we'll probably still see some sort of wing like appendage like say useless ribbon-like tendrils. Or blow-up appendages that make the dragon float like a ballon.
I mean, at the end of the day, they're still dragons, they still need to look draconic. We can't be too picky with what we get. Don't lose hope though, in the next 5 months we might get something more wacky!

I don't know if they're held back by the need for a secondary, but it definitely feels like it. It would seem like the secondary shouldn't overpower the body design or impose on the primary in posing... while also allowing for potential parallel genes to be viable. If we get a wingless dragon in future we'll probably still see some sort of wing like appendage like say useless ribbon-like tendrils. Or blow-up appendages that make the dragon float like a ballon.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
1 2 3 4