Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Dissapointed w/ the Dusthides
I feel like the baldness could've worked on any other breed, but on an already plain breed? It just makes them feel unfinished and boring. I've also seen people mention the fact that their neck is connected like that of a human's, and I think that's a big part of why they come off as so bizarre looking. I personally love their bodies, it's just the plain, anatomically odd head that throws me off. It sucks that just the simple addition of some horns probably would've made these guys a fav for me. I love them with spore, but I'm not paying for gem genes every time I want to gene one of these guys up.
I feel like the baldness could've worked on any other breed, but on an already plain breed? It just makes them feel unfinished and boring. I've also seen people mention the fact that their neck is connected like that of a human's, and I think that's a big part of why they come off as so bizarre looking. I personally love their bodies, it's just the plain, anatomically odd head that throws me off. It sucks that just the simple addition of some horns probably would've made these guys a fav for me. I love them with spore, but I'm not paying for gem genes every time I want to gene one of these guys up.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
The major problem I have with them is the eyes. They look perpetually rolled up for some reason, esp. the males. Combined with the small slittled pupils, it just looks unappealing.
The major problem I have with them is the eyes. They look perpetually rolled up for some reason, esp. the males. Combined with the small slittled pupils, it just looks unappealing.
I love dusthides. I'm kind of tired of every ancient breed being so cluttered I can barely see the dragon depending on the genes. I know these guys are """boring""" but they're one of the best ancient breeds by far for me.
I love dusthides. I'm kind of tired of every ancient breed being so cluttered I can barely see the dragon depending on the genes. I know these guys are """boring""" but they're one of the best ancient breeds by far for me.
Not a fan, but hey, I look at a lot of dragons people own, and I'm not a fan either. That's part of the fun of the site. You can pick and choose + breed exactly what you want. I do wish they had made them a modern breed though, since they are kind of plain? They seem to be missing SOMETHING, and maybe it is apparel. I don't know.
Not a fan, but hey, I look at a lot of dragons people own, and I'm not a fan either. That's part of the fun of the site. You can pick and choose + breed exactly what you want. I do wish they had made them a modern breed though, since they are kind of plain? They seem to be missing SOMETHING, and maybe it is apparel. I don't know.
People have different tastes, and nothing can fit for everyone. So yes DHs are not my taste design-wise but I'm not complaining. Still interesting concept!
People have different tastes, and nothing can fit for everyone. So yes DHs are not my taste design-wise but I'm not complaining. Still interesting concept!
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
people are allowed to not like things and they are also allowed to voice their opinions on things like this
its ok to have opinions on things like a specific dragon breed on a petsite

personally they are like.... fine??? for me?? i wish ancients would get a little more wild so here's hoping the light ancient goes hard
people are allowed to not like things and they are also allowed to voice their opinions on things like this
its ok to have opinions on things like a specific dragon breed on a petsite

personally they are like.... fine??? for me?? i wish ancients would get a little more wild so here's hoping the light ancient goes hard
I think they kinda look funny. The baldness made me laugh and I did think it was kinda funny they had a lack of visible ears (I like to think that they have them under some armor plate or something where they aren't visible. kinda like bird's ears are hidden under their feathers)

The babies are absolutely adorable, and I love the male's pose. The female one is kinda eh pose wise for me. I think the big clunky claws are a nice change from the normal, though I dont think it would work on any future dragons.

I also like how they aren't super cluttered. I feel like the other ancient breeds can sometimes just be a bit too much. Too much tangle and ripping and spikes. The dusthide is just nice and simple. Not too much feathers or spines or anything else. (of course, this can be applied with genes but doesnt need to be! Which makes the starting dragon nice ^^)

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I think these are one of my favorite ancients along with the veilspun.
I think they kinda look funny. The baldness made me laugh and I did think it was kinda funny they had a lack of visible ears (I like to think that they have them under some armor plate or something where they aren't visible. kinda like bird's ears are hidden under their feathers)

The babies are absolutely adorable, and I love the male's pose. The female one is kinda eh pose wise for me. I think the big clunky claws are a nice change from the normal, though I dont think it would work on any future dragons.

I also like how they aren't super cluttered. I feel like the other ancient breeds can sometimes just be a bit too much. Too much tangle and ripping and spikes. The dusthide is just nice and simple. Not too much feathers or spines or anything else. (of course, this can be applied with genes but doesnt need to be! Which makes the starting dragon nice ^^)

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I think these are one of my favorite ancients along with the veilspun.
NOP5viO.png
7c8ZUEs.png
BFVZRH3.png
WI7lnRZ.png
3eNjK7F.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gebx48s.pngMrRCllp.png
1cEqTuQ.png
Absolutely no hate towards anybody; all should share their opinions. :)

I love Dusthides and think that their simplicity is their appeal. We have Aberrations, Undertides, Banescales, Auraboas, and Aethers that break the mold of moderns (four legs, two wings, one head) and to be honest, I don’t think it needs to be broken for every Ancient breed. As others have said about the hope for an isopod/less stereotypical dragon, it may come off too convoluted for some of the user base. But, we have so many breeds now there is something for everyone and while I would not like a less conventional dragon like that, many would.

Dusthides themselves are cute lil guys imo and I personally find them to be unique compared to the other breeds (in that they don’t look like other breeds). I don’t know if this is the stated purpose of Ancients, but in addition to providing us with different body structures, they also allow us to have new dragons more often while we wait for the more pre-structured modern breeds. In my opinion, they are lovely, but I understand not everyone shares that opinion. This thread is very interesting to read, to understand others’ opinions.
Absolutely no hate towards anybody; all should share their opinions. :)

I love Dusthides and think that their simplicity is their appeal. We have Aberrations, Undertides, Banescales, Auraboas, and Aethers that break the mold of moderns (four legs, two wings, one head) and to be honest, I don’t think it needs to be broken for every Ancient breed. As others have said about the hope for an isopod/less stereotypical dragon, it may come off too convoluted for some of the user base. But, we have so many breeds now there is something for everyone and while I would not like a less conventional dragon like that, many would.

Dusthides themselves are cute lil guys imo and I personally find them to be unique compared to the other breeds (in that they don’t look like other breeds). I don’t know if this is the stated purpose of Ancients, but in addition to providing us with different body structures, they also allow us to have new dragons more often while we wait for the more pre-structured modern breeds. In my opinion, they are lovely, but I understand not everyone shares that opinion. This thread is very interesting to read, to understand others’ opinions.
fUTZOLh.png
Dragons r my passion :) she/her

I'm working on a wiki for my Clan, here!

U42kJzD.png
I've babbled on about how much I like them and why for the past day...but I like how creepy they can be. Their bald heads can be kissable and cute, or can draw attention to their weirdly human necks and skulls. I love creepy stuff so I love that about them. Carnivore looks amazing on them. I also think the male version has one of the best poses in the game...I like the variety, I feel like their faces are very different from previous breeds. I've said their tails are too much like Aether's, but I feel like it was kind of a superficial opinion now, they do look clearly different. I think they're cute, cool, beautiful, and I'm excited about the males. I think their eyes are borderline too small, but I like that this is a unique attribute of theirs. It makes them different from the other dragons.

I don't really like the pose of the females...I think they'd look a lot better if their tail was placed behind them and away from the viewer. As it is the tail takes up a lot of the visual weight of the illustration, distracting from the face and wings of the dragon, which are usually the focal point. Or, for something a little different, I think it would be really cute if she was 80% rolled up, her hands holding her tail, and her face peeking out. One of her wings, the one facing away from the viewer, could also be folded in, but the wing facing us would be swinging open so we can see the face of the dragon. this would be unique and dynamic, and give her a lot more personality, while making all of the breed's unique attributes visible. Basically, I think the design is really good, but the F pose does not allow us to actually see these nice design elements. My initial negative reaction to the breed was based on my only looking closely at the female when first seeing them. I think they're charming and I can live if they remain the same, but I think a revision of their pose could be good.

Aside from this criticism, I am very happy with this breed and the release has been a bright spot. I've had so much fun with it. I think the dusthide m has the best pose in the entire game, and several male dusthides will find their homes in my lair!
I've babbled on about how much I like them and why for the past day...but I like how creepy they can be. Their bald heads can be kissable and cute, or can draw attention to their weirdly human necks and skulls. I love creepy stuff so I love that about them. Carnivore looks amazing on them. I also think the male version has one of the best poses in the game...I like the variety, I feel like their faces are very different from previous breeds. I've said their tails are too much like Aether's, but I feel like it was kind of a superficial opinion now, they do look clearly different. I think they're cute, cool, beautiful, and I'm excited about the males. I think their eyes are borderline too small, but I like that this is a unique attribute of theirs. It makes them different from the other dragons.

I don't really like the pose of the females...I think they'd look a lot better if their tail was placed behind them and away from the viewer. As it is the tail takes up a lot of the visual weight of the illustration, distracting from the face and wings of the dragon, which are usually the focal point. Or, for something a little different, I think it would be really cute if she was 80% rolled up, her hands holding her tail, and her face peeking out. One of her wings, the one facing away from the viewer, could also be folded in, but the wing facing us would be swinging open so we can see the face of the dragon. this would be unique and dynamic, and give her a lot more personality, while making all of the breed's unique attributes visible. Basically, I think the design is really good, but the F pose does not allow us to actually see these nice design elements. My initial negative reaction to the breed was based on my only looking closely at the female when first seeing them. I think they're charming and I can live if they remain the same, but I think a revision of their pose could be good.

Aside from this criticism, I am very happy with this breed and the release has been a bright spot. I've had so much fun with it. I think the dusthide m has the best pose in the entire game, and several male dusthides will find their homes in my lair!
picmix-com-11751439.gif
Custom PicMixs for your Dragons & OCs; click Here now!
i'm mixed, honestly!

i don't dislike them, not by any means; i actually really like their head shape, and i just find them charming! but... well.

the wings.

i was SO hopeful that we'd get an ancient without wings or any kind of similar structure; i adore sandsurges, but id love for something that really leans away from a membrane-type secondary space! this would have been the perfect opportunity to have a shell, or an armadillo or isopod-type armor to act as the slot for secondaries

sure, would some secondaries not work? yeah. but a lot of ancients already don't Have most secondaries, and i think it would allow for some really unique interpretations of genes we already know and love!

i think they're neat! but how... modern-esque they are was a let down, unfortunately
i'm mixed, honestly!

i don't dislike them, not by any means; i actually really like their head shape, and i just find them charming! but... well.

the wings.

i was SO hopeful that we'd get an ancient without wings or any kind of similar structure; i adore sandsurges, but id love for something that really leans away from a membrane-type secondary space! this would have been the perfect opportunity to have a shell, or an armadillo or isopod-type armor to act as the slot for secondaries

sure, would some secondaries not work? yeah. but a lot of ancients already don't Have most secondaries, and i think it would allow for some really unique interpretations of genes we already know and love!

i think they're neat! but how... modern-esque they are was a let down, unfortunately
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery