Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on the new breed?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25
Perfect 10/10.
Perfect 10/10.
dlJsEIj.png
Honestly, pretty disappointed. They're....not the worst, but not far from it, either. The baby forms are cute, at least, and I like the bulky tails, but the rest of them feels...thrown together, if that makes sense? Like they don't match? Especially the wings, why does a burrowing dragon have such big wings? I know some winged animals do live in burrows, like some insects or burrowing owls, but they are designed for that. These don't...feel that way?

Like a few others, I was really hoping we'd get something with a shell or armor of some kind WITHOUT having to cough up for genes first. The teaser definitely made me think pangolin or isopod, a rollie pollie, or even a centipede, not...this weird mish-mash.

At least most of the genes are pretty nice, and I love that one tertiary that makes them look almost like Snappers.
Honestly, pretty disappointed. They're....not the worst, but not far from it, either. The baby forms are cute, at least, and I like the bulky tails, but the rest of them feels...thrown together, if that makes sense? Like they don't match? Especially the wings, why does a burrowing dragon have such big wings? I know some winged animals do live in burrows, like some insects or burrowing owls, but they are designed for that. These don't...feel that way?

Like a few others, I was really hoping we'd get something with a shell or armor of some kind WITHOUT having to cough up for genes first. The teaser definitely made me think pangolin or isopod, a rollie pollie, or even a centipede, not...this weird mish-mash.

At least most of the genes are pretty nice, and I love that one tertiary that makes them look almost like Snappers.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I agree with some of the others that the head just looks wrong and like it is missing something/unfinished. Spores is probably the only gene I would use if I wanted to own one, but I am not a fan of them. I think the poses are fine; they just don't feel very special and like an ancient breed.
I agree with some of the others that the head just looks wrong and like it is missing something/unfinished. Spores is probably the only gene I would use if I wanted to own one, but I am not a fan of them. I think the poses are fine; they just don't feel very special and like an ancient breed.
title_layer_middle_x2.png
They're ok, wish it were more based off of an anklyosaurs with a bulkier body and a shell like alternative for the secondary or went harder on the pangolin inspiration with a longer snout and shorter wings more designed for digging. Not my favorite ancient, but they do have some awesome terts that help make the breed look pretty cool, and I'd love to see ported to more ancients and the hatchling is super adorable too. Also egg. [emoji=dusthide happy size=1]
They're ok, wish it were more based off of an anklyosaurs with a bulkier body and a shell like alternative for the secondary or went harder on the pangolin inspiration with a longer snout and shorter wings more designed for digging. Not my favorite ancient, but they do have some awesome terts that help make the breed look pretty cool, and I'd love to see ported to more ancients and the hatchling is super adorable too.

Also egg.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
Definitely not what i expected, but once i get rid of my expectations hype THEY'RE SUPER CUTE, I LOVE THEM!! Hatchlings are my favorite too, so cute :3
Definitely not what i expected, but once i get rid of my expectations hype THEY'RE SUPER CUTE, I LOVE THEM!! Hatchlings are my favorite too, so cute :3
Wn94zHr.png
kCg59Z2.png
4SzSxLW.png
FObX7rS.png
i didn't like them at first but after looking at them a bit more i like them a lot. the female has my favorite pose and my favorite gene by a long shot is spores - it's gorgeous, i love the colors in it. sad that so many of their unique genes are gem genes, though.
i didn't like them at first but after looking at them a bit more i like them a lot. the female has my favorite pose and my favorite gene by a long shot is spores - it's gorgeous, i love the colors in it. sad that so many of their unique genes are gem genes, though.
NY105Sx.gif
I love the absolute chunky unit the baby is
I love the absolute chunky unit the baby is
One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
I love them sm
I love them sm
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png
it looks like an unfinished modern design. a good dragon design shouldn't need a tertiary gene in order to feel like a complete design, and it feels like a strange choice to make something so bland like this. all of the site's initial breeds look like a complete design even when triple basic, this feels majorly incomplete without a linebreaking tert.

it looks like an unfinished modern design. a good dragon design shouldn't need a tertiary gene in order to feel like a complete design, and it feels like a strange choice to make something so bland like this. all of the site's initial breeds look like a complete design even when triple basic, this feels majorly incomplete without a linebreaking tert.

OvgrUjj.png
They're friend shaped! I just wanna pet them...
They're friend shaped! I just wanna pet them...
Please ping me
whenever you're
replying to me!
windf1.pngarcanef1.pnglightf1.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 25