Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #1 Fan dragon Category
1 2 3
You can try looking at the Fandragon Directory! Of course not everyone has gone out of their way to register their fandragons, but you can always check which fandoms have the most registers!
You can try looking at the Fandragon Directory! Of course not everyone has gone out of their way to register their fandragons, but you can always check which fandoms have the most registers!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
legit surprised there are more charizard fandragons than Toothless, that wouldve been my bet! I guess thats why im not a gambling gal also to answer the "how many versions of your fandragon are out there" question, I looked through some of mine with more...easily searchable names, and, congratties to woofio: [img]https://i.imgur.com/d4TLvNA.png[/img] literally only dragon on site with that name, exalted or unexalted. I mean that tracks but also what a shame
legit surprised there are more charizard fandragons than Toothless, that wouldve been my bet! I guess thats why im not a gambling gal

also to answer the "how many versions of your fandragon are out there" question, I looked through some of mine with more...easily searchable names, and, congratties to woofio:
d4TLvNA.png
literally only dragon on site with that name, exalted or unexalted. I mean that tracks but also what a shame
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
There are definitely a looot of fandragons of famous dragons in media (Smaug, Saphira, Toothless, etc). This includes dragon like pokemon as well. Which really makes me want to go make a Kyurem fandragon now since he's my favourite pokemon :P

There are also fandoms that have/had large overlap with FR fans, I'm thinking stuff like Homestuck, Undertale, Steven Universe, realistically anything that got big on tumblr in the 2010s probably has a sizeable presence of fandragons here even if they are in somewhat inactive accounts now. I personally remember seeing a loooot of Homestuck fandragons back in the day, and well, I have some too, guilty as charged. I think this is because FR has a lot of overlap with the type of people who use tumblr, or even deviantart back in the day.

I have fandragons of things that are relatively popular, just not necessarily on Flight Rising, such as League of Legends. Even though this game is really popular the audience of a competitive PvP moba doesn't really overlap with that of FR the same way that a fantasy book series or tumblr famous game might. Turns out most people only want to play one grindy and time consuming game at the same time, lol.
There are definitely a looot of fandragons of famous dragons in media (Smaug, Saphira, Toothless, etc). This includes dragon like pokemon as well. Which really makes me want to go make a Kyurem fandragon now since he's my favourite pokemon :P

There are also fandoms that have/had large overlap with FR fans, I'm thinking stuff like Homestuck, Undertale, Steven Universe, realistically anything that got big on tumblr in the 2010s probably has a sizeable presence of fandragons here even if they are in somewhat inactive accounts now. I personally remember seeing a loooot of Homestuck fandragons back in the day, and well, I have some too, guilty as charged. I think this is because FR has a lot of overlap with the type of people who use tumblr, or even deviantart back in the day.

I have fandragons of things that are relatively popular, just not necessarily on Flight Rising, such as League of Legends. Even though this game is really popular the audience of a competitive PvP moba doesn't really overlap with that of FR the same way that a fantasy book series or tumblr famous game might. Turns out most people only want to play one grindy and time consuming game at the same time, lol.
jCVhFoZ.gif
My first guess would have been Bill Cipher, actually, but he would be so hard to search for sure because of the possible name variations - including just "Bill", which is a common name AND a syllable in plenty of other dragon names.
My first guess would have been Bill Cipher, actually, but he would be so hard to search for sure because of the possible name variations - including just "Bill", which is a common name AND a syllable in plenty of other dragon names.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="@Zenzic" date="2024-02-06 13:26:47" ] Yeah, it's hard to know for sure. Sometimes dragons share the names and colours of fandom characters without being a fandom reference, too! A few of my dragons who are not fandom-related have been chosen in "pick a fandom dragon above you" games simply because certain themes overlap. XD [/quote] Yeah, I had a dragon get picked for one of those threads because she's dark blue and named "Nebula" lol. Not a fandragon, had forgotten that Marvel movies existed. Similarly, the other day I wanted to see if one of my guys was the only fandragon of his character, but his name is... Viridian. Aka a color word that sounds cool that I think is even in the site randomizer, judging by how many dragons named that aren't even green. Had to sift through a couple hundred dragons just to conclude anyway that my guy is the only fandragon of this character xD
@Zenzic wrote on 2024-02-06 13:26:47:
Yeah, it's hard to know for sure.
Sometimes dragons share the names and colours of fandom characters without being a fandom reference, too!
A few of my dragons who are not fandom-related have been chosen in "pick a fandom dragon above you" games simply because certain themes overlap. XD

Yeah, I had a dragon get picked for one of those threads because she's dark blue and named "Nebula" lol. Not a fandragon, had forgotten that Marvel movies existed.

Similarly, the other day I wanted to see if one of my guys was the only fandragon of his character, but his name is... Viridian. Aka a color word that sounds cool that I think is even in the site randomizer, judging by how many dragons named that aren't even green. Had to sift through a couple hundred dragons just to conclude anyway that my guy is the only fandragon of this character xD
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I have a lot of fan dragons, I love seeing when others have them too!
I have a lot of fan dragons, I love seeing when others have them too!
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
pfff, I've no idea. Most my guys are pretty obscure or hard to search. Though I do happen to have 3 Tiger MonsterRanchers so. There's probably a few out there? (There is at least 1 other that's not mine out there)

And Nicol Bolas... I've definitely seen a few of him around, he's pretty easy and very prominent so. I expect there's a lot. I mean. Dude already is a dragon. lol

My problem at least with searching up color ranges is... sometimes you can achieve similar looks/aesthetics with totally different ranges. Like my Tigers, my first two were gonna be a pair, to breed my ideal at some point in Lightning... They both have blue range prim/sec colors and a white range tert using weathered. My third guy is a white range prime/sec with a blue range tert with thylacine. So I feel like I'd have to account for all versions and I'd get stun locked with too many options.
pfff, I've no idea. Most my guys are pretty obscure or hard to search. Though I do happen to have 3 Tiger MonsterRanchers so. There's probably a few out there? (There is at least 1 other that's not mine out there)

And Nicol Bolas... I've definitely seen a few of him around, he's pretty easy and very prominent so. I expect there's a lot. I mean. Dude already is a dragon. lol

My problem at least with searching up color ranges is... sometimes you can achieve similar looks/aesthetics with totally different ranges. Like my Tigers, my first two were gonna be a pair, to breed my ideal at some point in Lightning... They both have blue range prim/sec colors and a white range tert using weathered. My third guy is a white range prime/sec with a blue range tert with thylacine. So I feel like I'd have to account for all versions and I'd get stun locked with too many options.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
about 11 for my wretched boy tinky.. but it's hard to tell, since searching 'tinky' also comes up with 'stinky' so i had to filter exclusicvley yellow primary colors and also hand-count. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92141851][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/921419/92141851_350.png[/img][/url]
about 11 for my wretched boy tinky.. but it's hard to tell, since searching 'tinky' also comes up with 'stinky' so i had to filter exclusicvley yellow primary colors and also hand-count.
92141851_350.png
3fda031692d05b62d61f65ce2b2b0a8d5846e2f4.png hi, i'm realu!
-he/him
-fandragon enjoyer
-aberration collector
-krak-on splat roller main
-full of delicious soups and stews

[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-02-06 12:09:06" ] However, I do know what the most popular is..... [side-eyes my Onceler dragon] [/quote] OH GOD I HAVE ONE TOO.
Recallback wrote on 2024-02-06 12:09:06:
However, I do know what the most popular is..... [side-eyes my Onceler dragon]
OH GOD I HAVE ONE TOO.
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
I'm almost certain Charizard is on top, partially because of the amount of accidental ones- it's pretty frequent that someone hatches an orange/blue noc and just can't pass up the idea of a G1 fandragon. In fact, there's over 800 G1s in that search.

I tend to search for a character in Dragon Search before I make my own fandragon to get an idea on things like breed and wing/tail apparel, so I already know most of my plans only have 1-5 fandragons... which is not that helpful.
I'm almost certain Charizard is on top, partially because of the amount of accidental ones- it's pretty frequent that someone hatches an orange/blue noc and just can't pass up the idea of a G1 fandragon. In fact, there's over 800 G1s in that search.

I tend to search for a character in Dragon Search before I make my own fandragon to get an idea on things like breed and wing/tail apparel, so I already know most of my plans only have 1-5 fandragons... which is not that helpful.
1 2 3