Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what would go on an fr iceberg and where
this is up there with the unused deity names the beta designs for Earthshaker, Tidelord (known as Tidecaller back then),Lightweaver and Flamecaller.

also there is neondragonart.com (don't go to the site nowadays it is a defunct site. but you can still see it on the wayback machine) it was the starting site for flight rising.
this is up there with the unused deity names the beta designs for Earthshaker, Tidelord (known as Tidecaller back then),Lightweaver and Flamecaller.

also there is neondragonart.com (don't go to the site nowadays it is a defunct site. but you can still see it on the wayback machine) it was the starting site for flight rising.
[quote name="dragonlady1803" date="2024-01-15 14:05:56" ] this is up there with the unused deity names the beta designs for Earthshaker, Tidelord (known as Tidecaller back then),Lightweaver and Flamecaller. also there is neondragonart.com (don't go to the site nowadays it is a defunct site. but you can still see it on the wayback machine) it was the starting site for flight rising. [/quote] it sucks that the site is defunct now... ah well, the internet archive is here for us anyways
dragonlady1803 wrote on 2024-01-15 14:05:56:

it sucks that the site is defunct now... ah well, the internet archive is here for us anyways
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
- Flight symbol banners used to be different
- Several pastel colors used to be different, and changed with the Color Wheel expansion, except for Iri + Shim
- Trading post used to have its art front and center, rather than buttons, and you clicked on the art.
- Courier dragons used to message your inbox with each AH sale or expiration
- "Breaking" Roundsey's counter
- Strange banned names
- Spiral hatchlings have their tails going the wrong way
- Guardian males step on their tails
- Very, very early on, Beastclans were "Beastmen"
- Other cultural-sensitivity name changes
- Flight symbol banners used to be different
- Several pastel colors used to be different, and changed with the Color Wheel expansion, except for Iri + Shim
- Trading post used to have its art front and center, rather than buttons, and you clicked on the art.
- Courier dragons used to message your inbox with each AH sale or expiration
- "Breaking" Roundsey's counter
- Strange banned names
- Spiral hatchlings have their tails going the wrong way
- Guardian males step on their tails
- Very, very early on, Beastclans were "Beastmen"
- Other cultural-sensitivity name changes
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
can someone explain the spinning coli?
sounds... kinda interesting
can someone explain the spinning coli?
sounds... kinda interesting
oQkRxoy.gif rPaLIxa.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
ll0CfnD.png
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
3CzZFT6.png
YMPbu9R.png
Igg8mPI.gif
@ravenleap There used to be a glitch where the coli screen would "spin" out of its box and you'd have to restart because of it!
@ravenleap There used to be a glitch where the coli screen would "spin" out of its box and you'd have to restart because of it!
NN6kMZZ.png
Oh yeah I know about the glitched Imp scroll. It was applied to a triple Gold G1, and then shortly after the person's account got banned. That little Imp is still sitting in there lol. I'd link him but I don't know if that would count as witchhunting or not.

Does Skydancers being a reward design for a KS backer count? If so then yeah back when the original KS for Flight Rising was up, the highest tier (something like $1,000 USD) came with the ability to work with the devs to create a new dragon breed completely to your customization. Essentially commissioning a new breed. Skydancers were what came from that!

Then, some of Aequorin's old art books have old art of FR breeds in 'em, which is fun.

I haven't heard too many details on it, but there was some massive event back in 2018-2019 where a tooooon of Plague and Fire accounts got mass-banned out of nowhere. Proooobably a controversial thing to bring up here, since the whole thing is shrouded in all kinds of suspicious junk and nobody really knows what happened, but I thought I'd bring it up.

And then yeah I know of quite a bit of way more personal drama that would absolutely not be ok to be posted here lol

Edit: wait does the old Facebook like system count? Dragons have always been "like-able", you just had to do it through a little Facebook like system. Not a ton of people really knew about it, but it was very much there before the profile revamp.

Also, do old gene errors count? Like Mist Seraph on Ridgeback M pose being Like That(tm) (genuinely hope they never fix it because I find it so funny)
Oh yeah I know about the glitched Imp scroll. It was applied to a triple Gold G1, and then shortly after the person's account got banned. That little Imp is still sitting in there lol. I'd link him but I don't know if that would count as witchhunting or not.

Does Skydancers being a reward design for a KS backer count? If so then yeah back when the original KS for Flight Rising was up, the highest tier (something like $1,000 USD) came with the ability to work with the devs to create a new dragon breed completely to your customization. Essentially commissioning a new breed. Skydancers were what came from that!

Then, some of Aequorin's old art books have old art of FR breeds in 'em, which is fun.

I haven't heard too many details on it, but there was some massive event back in 2018-2019 where a tooooon of Plague and Fire accounts got mass-banned out of nowhere. Proooobably a controversial thing to bring up here, since the whole thing is shrouded in all kinds of suspicious junk and nobody really knows what happened, but I thought I'd bring it up.

And then yeah I know of quite a bit of way more personal drama that would absolutely not be ok to be posted here lol

Edit: wait does the old Facebook like system count? Dragons have always been "like-able", you just had to do it through a little Facebook like system. Not a ton of people really knew about it, but it was very much there before the profile revamp.

Also, do old gene errors count? Like Mist Seraph on Ridgeback M pose being Like That(tm) (genuinely hope they never fix it because I find it so funny)
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
89147062p.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
[quote name="Hippotang" date="2024-01-14 20:58:10" ] I feel like some of the things that could go on an FR iceberg would not be okay to discuss in the forums lmao [/quote] Correct. :) I know this is all in good fun but I'd like to drop a reminder in here to avoid discussing specific players or specific players' dragons, even if you don't use their names or link to their profiles. This is considered a call-out. As well, I recommend letting off-site drama stay off-site, and staying away from contentious topics, to avoid spawning additional discourse.
Hippotang wrote on 2024-01-14 20:58:10:
I feel like some of the things that could go on an FR iceberg would not be okay to discuss in the forums lmao

Correct. :) I know this is all in good fun but I'd like to drop a reminder in here to avoid discussing specific players or specific players' dragons, even if you don't use their names or link to their profiles. This is considered a call-out.

As well, I recommend letting off-site drama stay off-site, and staying away from contentious topics, to avoid spawning additional discourse.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

The only thing I can think of maybe adding that I haven't seen mentioned yet is The Bingus Incident.
The only thing I can think of maybe adding that I haven't seen mentioned yet is The Bingus Incident.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
[quote name="colorscapes" date="2024-01-15 01:09:55" ] Just gonna say this: I would exalt a g1 imp just to see an iceberg vid about flight rising. I have never heard some of the entries here before and I'm dying to learn what they are about [/quote] funny that this topic came up because i actually went to see if someone made a fr iceburg video, and w as quite suprised to find none considering this site has been around for a while and had all sorts of crazy things happening. i did find a few iceburgs on reddit abd tumblr tho
colorscapes wrote on 2024-01-15 01:09:55:
Just gonna say this: I would exalt a g1 imp just to see an iceberg vid about flight rising. I have never heard some of the entries here before and I'm dying to learn what they are about
funny that this topic came up because i actually went to see if someone made a fr iceburg video, and w as quite suprised to find none considering this site has been around for a while and had all sorts of crazy things happening. i did find a few iceburgs on reddit abd tumblr tho
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-01-15 23:40:07" ] The only thing I can think of maybe adding that I haven't seen mentioned yet is The Bingus Incident. [/quote] What is The Bingus Incident
Senya wrote on 2024-01-15 23:40:07:
What is The Bingus Incident
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg