Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I Have Beef With Capsule
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Saru" date="2023-11-30 10:13:28" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2023-11-30 08:10:05" ] When Capsule got released, I had the exact same reaction, but then I realised that I can make my dragons be anything on the site because they're a canvas and not a fully accurate representation of the real characters. Instead, I treat Capsule as nothing more than a shiny underbelly that acts as an accentual colour OR it can even be something like a concept or activity, such as flowing water, lakes, oil, wine or sand that the dragon has in-lore connections to as a person. For me, it's not a capsule, it's just a pretty thing I can look at while I come up with character designs [/quote] agree 100% with all of this, it's a great approach to the gene & i find myself doing very similar things! [/quote] [font=american gothic][size=4]Yep, all of my dragon designs are a lot weirder and more varied (if still 'canon-compliant') than what is depicted through our pngs. I just aim for the closest representation I can make through the game, then let my imagination take flight (rising) Also what is the point of my mad science dragons don't have all their elixirs. Favorite tert for a reason <3
Saru wrote on 2023-11-30 10:13:28:
Natron wrote on 2023-11-30 08:10:05:
When Capsule got released, I had the exact same reaction, but then I realised that I can make my dragons be anything on the site because they're a canvas and not a fully accurate representation of the real characters. Instead, I treat Capsule as nothing more than a shiny underbelly that acts as an accentual colour OR it can even be something like a concept or activity, such as flowing water, lakes, oil, wine or sand that the dragon has in-lore connections to as a person.

For me, it's not a capsule, it's just a pretty thing I can look at while I come up with character designs

agree 100% with all of this, it's a great approach to the gene & i find myself doing very similar things!
Yep, all of my dragon designs are a lot weirder and more varied (if still 'canon-compliant') than what is depicted through our pngs. I just aim for the closest representation I can make through the game, then let my imagination take flight (rising)

Also what is the point of my mad science dragons don't have all their elixirs. Favorite tert for a reason <3
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
for me, on certain breeds where its not... super obvious, its just a cheaper glimmer. yeah, it doesnt have the non-underbelly coverage of glimmer, but its pretty and its affordable!! i usually try to hide the liquid line so its not so obvious, instead just looking pretty. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27591252][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/275913/27591252_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27591251][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/275913/27591251_350.png[/img][/url] see? just a pretty underbelly. dont look at it too hard.
for me, on certain breeds where its not... super obvious, its just a cheaper glimmer. yeah, it doesnt have the non-underbelly coverage of glimmer, but its pretty and its affordable!!

i usually try to hide the liquid line so its not so obvious, instead just looking pretty.

27591252_350.png27591251_350.png

see? just a pretty underbelly. dont look at it too hard.
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
??? In a world where the elements literally formed god I don't think it's that much of a suspension of disbelief.
??? In a world where the elements literally formed god I don't think it's that much of a suspension of disbelief.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
The liquid doesn't actually move, it only has the illusion:
"Capsule creates a beautiful glassy sheen across a dragon's belly, with a thin layer of liquid that seems to move beneath the surface of the scales."
The liquid doesn't actually move, it only has the illusion:
"Capsule creates a beautiful glassy sheen across a dragon's belly, with a thin layer of liquid that seems to move beneath the surface of the scales."
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
Maybe dragons have an open circulatory system. No veins, blood just floats freely
Maybe dragons have an open circulatory system. No veins, blood just floats freely
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
Sometimes the colours work good or it fits a certain theme (like making your dragon based after a soda) but other than that I don’t like the gene on its own no matter how hard I try to like it >_<
Sometimes the colours work good or it fits a certain theme (like making your dragon based after a soda) but other than that I don’t like the gene on its own no matter how hard I try to like it >_<
IMG_2154.png
IMG_0825.png
IMG_2160.png
73006716_ifWb8mVbebz5J00.png
73006725_VTlUYp5wIwCLXEd.png
73040466_Tayz4RHprjeYJlB.png
|
|
|
|
|
Struggling trying to get
my treasure/gems up LOL
|
|
|
|
|
jt3PpxV.png PbVFk5l.png
[quote name="Seraitsukara" date="2023-11-30 07:50:28" ] I always took it to be an optical illusion. Like those glass balls that look like they have a loooong tunnel in them that goes on forever. The only ones I don't like are when there's a big empty spot like the dragon is half full. The fun of capsule is the liquid color and the glass look to the belly. So male tundras and male guardians don't look good with the gene imo, because of that weird emptyness to it. [/quote] Yeah, same headcanon.
Seraitsukara wrote on 2023-11-30 07:50:28:
I always took it to be an optical illusion. Like those glass balls that look like they have a loooong tunnel in them that goes on forever. The only ones I don't like are when there's a big empty spot like the dragon is half full. The fun of capsule is the liquid color and the glass look to the belly. So male tundras and male guardians don't look good with the gene imo, because of that weird emptyness to it.
Yeah, same headcanon.
66.png
I did not even consider canon to be honest, haha. It is what it is. And honestly, compared to the 'fixed' version that is accurate to its description, I like the current one. It looks funky :) And other genes have got the more natural covered.
I did not even consider canon to be honest, haha. It is what it is. And honestly, compared to the 'fixed' version that is accurate to its description, I like the current one. It looks funky :) And other genes have got the more natural covered.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
i just imagine all its organs are just more squished in becuase of all the space it takes
i just imagine all its organs are just more squished in becuase of all the space it takes
Ghosts filled with spooky Ghost Radiator Fluid.

TBH, I always associated capsule with spectral dragons that didn't have a proper physical form, or with machines.

Alternatively, perhaps this is where all the LGBTQ+ dragons keep the fabled Gender Fluid. Now I want to make flag ones if possible haha.
Ghosts filled with spooky Ghost Radiator Fluid.

TBH, I always associated capsule with spectral dragons that didn't have a proper physical form, or with machines.

Alternatively, perhaps this is where all the LGBTQ+ dragons keep the fabled Gender Fluid. Now I want to make flag ones if possible haha.
Mesq6uj.pngqhK4FYS.pnguFMfy5S.pngKMlmzQi.pngL74Jfbv.png
N1LwiB6.png Retro Gamer: PS1-Era Disc Collector
0HSuCTF.png Cyberpunk Cyborg in Real Life
gziv3Ja.png Do what is good, no matter what.
8B7LZd5.png Saucy, cheeky and outspoken. Always.
eswSnrS.png2bf6nnX.pngskcJPHK.pngCfyODjg.pngo7ZCFYm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10