Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I Have Beef With Capsule
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I love capsule but I can't defend it, it really looks awkward on some breeds. I find it looks worst on breeds with more obvious liquid surfaces (like snappers and female gaolers)

But on other breeds like F skydancers, Ridgies, Auraboras and baby Aberrations Capsule is just a superior underbelly. I like the iridescent effect it gives and having a see-though throat is pretty cool.
I love capsule but I can't defend it, it really looks awkward on some breeds. I find it looks worst on breeds with more obvious liquid surfaces (like snappers and female gaolers)

But on other breeds like F skydancers, Ridgies, Auraboras and baby Aberrations Capsule is just a superior underbelly. I like the iridescent effect it gives and having a see-though throat is pretty cool.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
There are enchanted statues, haunted paintings, and moving suits of armor among many others when it comes to familiars. Don't think too hard about it. They're just Built Different
There are enchanted statues, haunted paintings, and moving suits of armor among many others when it comes to familiars. Don't think too hard about it. They're just Built Different
f0fd1aee68aedd2d14eb6a05d800ce8f9c4688cc.png
I vaguely thought about this once but quickly abandoned it lol
I vaguely thought about this once but quickly abandoned it lol
MUYNhfy.pngpZJYyk4.png
DoQJ9XF.pngcutkr0S.png
fHKOi67.pngmlHpBMC.png
I adore capsule but only on breeds where the white glassy parts aren’t obvious. I just really like the colors it creates and the other belly genes are too boring [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39127376][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/391274/39127376_350.png[/img][/url]
I adore capsule but only on breeds where the white glassy parts aren’t obvious. I just really like the colors it creates and the other belly genes are too boring
39127376_350.png
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
I like capsule a lot, except on spirals where it messes up their back. Magical creature vibes. Just wish we could get the shading that spirals desperately need.
I like capsule a lot, except on spirals where it messes up their back. Magical creature vibes. Just wish we could get the shading that spirals desperately need.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
It's definitely wonky but also I like that it makes spirals weirdly see-through [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79269786][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/792698/79269786_350.png[/img][/url] This man is tubes and wires Mechanical root beer noodle
It's definitely wonky but also I like that it makes spirals weirdly see-through
79269786_350.png
This man is tubes and wires
Mechanical root beer noodle
WQA384m.png
6OezIjj.png
FObX7rS.png
tumblr_inline_nmt8qz1fBg1tp0s8u_75sq.gif
Honestly what I really want is a glass gene that makes the entire dragon see-through, like Capsule and Bee. I think it'd work really well with the see-through spirals lol.
Honestly what I really want is a glass gene that makes the entire dragon see-through, like Capsule and Bee. I think it'd work really well with the see-through spirals lol.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I am a fan of capsule! I think it's good to remember that the art for our dragons is not 100% canon. Look at Ridgeback or Pearlcatcher wings - the one in the back is canon size, while the one in front is scaled down to fit in the portrait. The artist have to sacrifice canon here and there, so maybe capsule on "actual dragons" looks way different!
I am a fan of capsule! I think it's good to remember that the art for our dragons is not 100% canon. Look at Ridgeback or Pearlcatcher wings - the one in the back is canon size, while the one in front is scaled down to fit in the portrait. The artist have to sacrifice canon here and there, so maybe capsule on "actual dragons" looks way different!
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
You can pry my Capsule from my cold dead hands aha, fully a third of my dragons have it. It's sparkly, it saves terts that almost-but-not-perfectly match, and sometimes it saves terts that really don't match - it does gorgeous things with Latte and Driftwood. Absolute top tier gene, hands down my favorite and my go-to.

...that said, I do agrees that some breeds look significantly better with it than others. Lucky for me, I happen to like the breeds it looks good on, and I'm not likely to get any Snappers any time soon anyway.
You can pry my Capsule from my cold dead hands aha, fully a third of my dragons have it. It's sparkly, it saves terts that almost-but-not-perfectly match, and sometimes it saves terts that really don't match - it does gorgeous things with Latte and Driftwood. Absolute top tier gene, hands down my favorite and my go-to.

...that said, I do agrees that some breeds look significantly better with it than others. Lucky for me, I happen to like the breeds it looks good on, and I'm not likely to get any Snappers any time soon anyway.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
i think we don't have enough genes that are completely incomprehensible/don't follow whatever explanation we're given (slime/sludge, tide/foam, stitched/patchwork, ect.). i don't use most of these other than capsule and foam myself but i appreciate that they're included greatly.
i think we don't have enough genes that are completely incomprehensible/don't follow whatever explanation we're given (slime/sludge, tide/foam, stitched/patchwork, ect.). i don't use most of these other than capsule and foam myself but i appreciate that they're included greatly.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10