Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | For the wind ancient
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I hope it has a body plan similar to a flying lemur’s.
I hope it has a body plan similar to a flying lemur’s.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2023-11-22 15:32:50" ] I want a giant pterosaur please. [/quote] yes please... my fossil fighters fandragon plans need it
Wildthyme wrote on 2023-11-22 15:32:50:
I want a giant pterosaur please.

yes please... my fossil fighters fandragon plans need it
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I'm hoping for something like the Air Dragon from Dragonvale--no legs, always flying/levitating, never touches the ground.
Or maybe something like a flying squirrel with big glide-y wingflaps?
I'm hoping for something like the Air Dragon from Dragonvale--no legs, always flying/levitating, never touches the ground.
Or maybe something like a flying squirrel with big glide-y wingflaps?
66.png
talk of wind ancients being gliding types/no legs just made me laugh bc—okay you know how in bounty of the elements, the wind magic briefly stopped and there was no updraft?? so what if because of another elemental anomaly, updrafts somewhere briefly fizzle out, and this somewhere is wherever the wind dragons are—and thats how they get discovered. theres just a normal little dragon scouting on the ground and then suddenly a wind dragon comes careening down out of the sky and smacks em in the face bc No More Glidies
talk of wind ancients being gliding types/no legs just made me laugh bc—okay you know how in bounty of the elements, the wind magic briefly stopped and there was no updraft?? so what if because of another elemental anomaly, updrafts somewhere briefly fizzle out, and this somewhere is wherever the wind dragons are—and thats how they get discovered. theres just a normal little dragon scouting on the ground and then suddenly a wind dragon comes careening down out of the sky and smacks em in the face bc No More Glidies
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
I'd love to see them go completely out there and make it a frog-like ancient. Something squat and bouncy to contrast with the noodly Spirals and the elegant Skydancers.

What if it was a breed that couldn't fly very gracefully on its own, and relies heavily on artificial flight? I don't see that happening, but it would be interesting and tie into a part of Wind's themes that I adore.
I'd love to see them go completely out there and make it a frog-like ancient. Something squat and bouncy to contrast with the noodly Spirals and the elegant Skydancers.

What if it was a breed that couldn't fly very gracefully on its own, and relies heavily on artificial flight? I don't see that happening, but it would be interesting and tie into a part of Wind's themes that I adore.
jwrNMVA.png
So full of ideas. So terrible at using them.
At least there's still capitalism.
Out of the flights that don't have an ancient, I have the hardest time imagining what a Wind Ancient would look like. Windsinger has been depicted as one of the more friendly deities, if not the friendliness. Maybe they could theme it around clouds?

I like the manta-ray-shaped dragon idea posted earlier though. no body only wing
Out of the flights that don't have an ancient, I have the hardest time imagining what a Wind Ancient would look like. Windsinger has been depicted as one of the more friendly deities, if not the friendliness. Maybe they could theme it around clouds?

I like the manta-ray-shaped dragon idea posted earlier though. no body only wing
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Since water and nature both got long, noodly ancients, maybe wind should get a round one. Hear me out-- it floats like a balloon! Optional tiny wings propel it like a blimp.
Since water and nature both got long, noodly ancients, maybe wind should get a round one. Hear me out-- it floats like a balloon! Optional tiny wings propel it like a blimp.
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
[quote name="s0ki" date="2023-11-22 17:53:32" ] What if for a wind ancient we just got a dragon with an unholy amount of wings [/quote]
s0ki wrote on 2023-11-22 17:53:32:
What if for a wind ancient we just got a dragon with an unholy amount of wings
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
I really want it to be a dragon with an ungodly amount of wings. Give me biblically accurate angels as dragons (I know they are just one variety of angel and that’s not what they’re actually called but that’s what people commonly know them as and I don’t remember their real name sorry)
I really want it to be a dragon with an ungodly amount of wings. Give me biblically accurate angels as dragons (I know they are just one variety of angel and that’s not what they’re actually called but that’s what people commonly know them as and I don’t remember their real name sorry)
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
[quote name="s0ki" date="2023-11-22 17:53:32" ] What if for a wind ancient we just got a dragon with an unholy amount of wings [/quote] biblically accurate dragon I'd love that tbh
s0ki wrote on 2023-11-22 17:53:32:
What if for a wind ancient we just got a dragon with an unholy amount of wings

biblically accurate dragon

I'd love that tbh
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D