Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you get such matchy avie dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So one thing I've wondered for a while now (still a newbie a bit ^^; ) is how people can get such wonderfully matching avatar dragons to their vistas? Like my current dragon (and maybe another) are the most fitting for my current vista, yet it still seems like she doesn't match quite enough? I see a lot of people whose avatar dragons almost flow seamlessly and I'm so jealous XD.

Even dragons I have with skins and fairly matching genes don't seem to ever completely match the color schemes of the current vista selections like I've seen some people have.

How do you plan which dragons you use as your avatar so well?
So one thing I've wondered for a while now (still a newbie a bit ^^; ) is how people can get such wonderfully matching avatar dragons to their vistas? Like my current dragon (and maybe another) are the most fitting for my current vista, yet it still seems like she doesn't match quite enough? I see a lot of people whose avatar dragons almost flow seamlessly and I'm so jealous XD.

Even dragons I have with skins and fairly matching genes don't seem to ever completely match the color schemes of the current vista selections like I've seen some people have.

How do you plan which dragons you use as your avatar so well?
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
So, my avatar is a really bad example - I just wanted something cheerfully chaotic. But sometimes, usually around holidays, I'll try to make something matchy.

When I want to make something matchy, though, I look at the lineart as well as the color. Female aberrations blend really well into Something Swarming, for example, and the witch hat one.

Also, you can play more easily with the avatars and vistas in the dragons' profiles, so you can switch them about until you find something you like.
So, my avatar is a really bad example - I just wanted something cheerfully chaotic. But sometimes, usually around holidays, I'll try to make something matchy.

When I want to make something matchy, though, I look at the lineart as well as the color. Female aberrations blend really well into Something Swarming, for example, and the witch hat one.

Also, you can play more easily with the avatars and vistas in the dragons' profiles, so you can switch them about until you find something you like.
LxbWmll.png
I think most of these people either make UMAs themselves (skins/accents) planning to match with a certain vista, or they search/breed the perfect dragon that matches the vista they want

Mine is just chaos lol (and luck)
I think most of these people either make UMAs themselves (skins/accents) planning to match with a certain vista, or they search/breed the perfect dragon that matches the vista they want

Mine is just chaos lol (and luck)
SIG-02.png
Just really a matter of finding a good match honestly. There are a lot of vistas to choose from and the more dragons you have with more variety, the higher the chances of finding a nice match.

I don't really matchy match mine. It's more of a vibe or general aesthetic rather than a matching color scheme. But there are a lot of people that try to make them as matchy as possible.
Just really a matter of finding a good match honestly. There are a lot of vistas to choose from and the more dragons you have with more variety, the higher the chances of finding a nice match.

I don't really matchy match mine. It's more of a vibe or general aesthetic rather than a matching color scheme. But there are a lot of people that try to make them as matchy as possible.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Honestly I do zero research or real effort into the matching-

it's as simple as:

"hey, I wanna change up my vista!"

*picks vista

*picks the dragon I currently already own that matches best

and if I don't have a good match or I don't like how it looks- I just don't use it. Never gone out of my way to get a stand out avatar dragon and/or perfect vista match. My current avatar dragon matching my vista is 100% pure happenstance- she just happens to be one of my fav dragons- and this vista just happens to be an aesthetic I like as well
Honestly I do zero research or real effort into the matching-

it's as simple as:

"hey, I wanna change up my vista!"

*picks vista

*picks the dragon I currently already own that matches best

and if I don't have a good match or I don't like how it looks- I just don't use it. Never gone out of my way to get a stand out avatar dragon and/or perfect vista match. My current avatar dragon matching my vista is 100% pure happenstance- she just happens to be one of my fav dragons- and this vista just happens to be an aesthetic I like as well
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
"Hey. I like crystals. Let me put this crystal halo on a dragon and make her make avatar."

"Hey. I like crystals. Let me use this Crystal Pools vista."

"Hey. They kinda match. I like it. I think I'll keep it."

(Now you've got me thinking about a theoretical dragon whose genes match, too)
"Hey. I like crystals. Let me put this crystal halo on a dragon and make her make avatar."

"Hey. I like crystals. Let me use this Crystal Pools vista."

"Hey. They kinda match. I like it. I think I'll keep it."

(Now you've got me thinking about a theoretical dragon whose genes match, too)
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
To be honest I just got lucky. This vista released shortly after I picked Pierce as my avatar dragon. I don't know what I'd be using now if it didn't.
To be honest I just got lucky. This vista released shortly after I picked Pierce as my avatar dragon. I don't know what I'd be using now if it didn't.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
I just chose the vista closest to my avatar dragon's colour that I have sitting around in my hoard, which are mostly all Galore gifts/coli drops. I never buy any vistas unless it's for achievement. It's just a nice coincidence that I have something that can match, I don't really care enough about avatars/vistas to put any effort into making them matchy
I just chose the vista closest to my avatar dragon's colour that I have sitting around in my hoard, which are mostly all Galore gifts/coli drops. I never buy any vistas unless it's for achievement. It's just a nice coincidence that I have something that can match, I don't really care enough about avatars/vistas to put any effort into making them matchy
I had this dragon and his skin way before the vista ever existed, we can thank staff for the wonderful match.

It really is just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks though, easier to get your dragon and find the right vista instead of the other way around usually though. At least for me, anyway.
I had this dragon and his skin way before the vista ever existed, we can thank staff for the wonderful match.

It really is just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks though, easier to get your dragon and find the right vista instead of the other way around usually though. At least for me, anyway.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Luckily for me my avatar dragon is my custom progen, and there's no shortage of plant themed vistas for me to choose from to match the best!

I haven't ever really changed my vista/avatar dragon since I started playing BUT if I ever do I do my best to find matching ones lol
Luckily for me my avatar dragon is my custom progen, and there's no shortage of plant themed vistas for me to choose from to match the best!

I haven't ever really changed my vista/avatar dragon since I started playing BUT if I ever do I do my best to find matching ones lol
w8zAidJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10