Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite Ancient Breed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Now that we've gotten a good collection of ancients, what is everyone's favorite ancient breed and why?

For me it's a close tossup between Veilspun and Gaoler, but Veilspun has to win because I love both poses equally and they have a great collection of unique genes (beetle is my all-time favorite). They're insectoid but somehow also catlike. Most importantly for me with ancients, they're detailed enough & posed so well that they never seem to be missing something without the apparel.
Now that we've gotten a good collection of ancients, what is everyone's favorite ancient breed and why?

For me it's a close tossup between Veilspun and Gaoler, but Veilspun has to win because I love both poses equally and they have a great collection of unique genes (beetle is my all-time favorite). They're insectoid but somehow also catlike. Most importantly for me with ancients, they're detailed enough & posed so well that they never seem to be missing something without the apparel.
EJParXT.pngWaBBT9K.pngnPqztrc.png
Undertide. As a water lair since the inception, they were pretty close to what I wanted them to be. I like their exclusive genes, especially nudibranch, rings, and octopus, and also they're big. Maybe not as eldritch horror as I wanted, but given how I feel about Gaolers and Banescales, I was pleasantly surprised.

My clan allies with a school of maren, so their lore was perfect for my clan. The Deep, the spiraling ancient cities, all of that was in my lore already to some extent (my lair is in an abandoned ancient city, and has been since before Ancients were released lol) so I was extremely pleased.

Aberrations and veils are next though.
Undertide. As a water lair since the inception, they were pretty close to what I wanted them to be. I like their exclusive genes, especially nudibranch, rings, and octopus, and also they're big. Maybe not as eldritch horror as I wanted, but given how I feel about Gaolers and Banescales, I was pleasantly surprised.

My clan allies with a school of maren, so their lore was perfect for my clan. The Deep, the spiraling ancient cities, all of that was in my lore already to some extent (my lair is in an abandoned ancient city, and has been since before Ancients were released lol) so I was extremely pleased.

Aberrations and veils are next though.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Gaoler for potential amount of scries and characters I can make out of them, then Undertides for gene selection.

Lately it seems it might be the upcoming lightning ancient because I have a lot of love for both default poses shown in the streams so far. Usually I get picky with poses but this is probably the first ancient where I have little issues with both.
Gaoler for potential amount of scries and characters I can make out of them, then Undertides for gene selection.

Lately it seems it might be the upcoming lightning ancient because I have a lot of love for both default poses shown in the streams so far. Usually I get picky with poses but this is probably the first ancient where I have little issues with both.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
Aethers! I love my space weirdos. But Aberrations are close and I've always quite liked Gaolers too. I've really never met a dragon I didn't like.
Aethers! I love my space weirdos. But Aberrations are close and I've always quite liked Gaolers too. I've really never met a dragon I didn't like.
8eQDIbk.png
Veilspun
Veilspun
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
I love Banescales
I also like abberations and undertides. Aethers are cute too.

Not a big fan of Veilspun or Gaoler dragons
I love Banescales
I also like abberations and undertides. Aethers are cute too.

Not a big fan of Veilspun or Gaoler dragons
I don’t know what to put here
Aethers and Aberrations, and also second pose of Lightning ancient (that screaming pose one).
Aethers and Aberrations, and also second pose of Lightning ancient (that screaming pose one).
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
Aethers and Undertides
Aethers and Undertides
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
So there are only three I like (none I hate but I mean that I would have in my lair) personally; Aethers, Aberrations, and Gaolers. Between them, I think Abes come out on top since I think of them as Doepy dogs for some reason.
So there are only three I like (none I hate but I mean that I would have in my lair) personally; Aethers, Aberrations, and Gaolers. Between them, I think Abes come out on top since I think of them as Doepy dogs for some reason.
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
its too early to say but i really love the lightning ancient's look, im glad lightning has 2 aggressively pointy breeds i associate spikes/spines with dragon design the most (same with horns but nearly every breed has horns in some capacity).
its too early to say but i really love the lightning ancient's look, im glad lightning has 2 aggressively pointy breeds i associate spikes/spines with dragon design the most (same with horns but nearly every breed has horns in some capacity).
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10