Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Golden Shellback Slink Recolor
1 2
Hey Sailors! ^_~ For all of you Navy people out there... May I present a Golden Shellback Slink! [img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hr4u2m4gli5ewbe/Golden%20Shellback%20Slink.png[/img] Feel free to use on FR. Link to profile appreciated but not required. <3 Recolor of the Shellback Slink: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/50219.png[/img][item=shellback slink]
Hey Sailors! ^_~

For all of you Navy people out there... May I present a Golden Shellback Slink!

Golden%20Shellback%20Slink.png

Feel free to use on FR. Link to profile appreciated but not required. <3

Recolor of the Shellback Slink:

50219.png Shellback Slink

whoa, that's so cool! how'd you manage to make a recolor like that?
Howdy!

Helticks
+2 fr time
-xIsegSQ.png NL841GZ.png 84908562.png d974qyj.png
this is so cute !! would be cool as frick as an official recolor, we'll just have to wait a little while to see ^^
this is so cute !! would be cool as frick as an official recolor, we'll just have to wait a little while to see ^^
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
wow that’s so good! I love the way you did the shell
wow that’s so good! I love the way you did the shell
flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

filler
filler

filler
filler

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

Bri / she/they / 22
FR +3

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

filler
filler
[quote name="Helticks" date="2023-04-28 20:14:27" ] whoa, that's so cool! how'd you manage to make a recolor like that? [/quote] Thanks! Gradients, layer modes, and a light touch. ^_~ I don't rely on layer modes when I do my own art, but this was just a quick recolor for funsies! [quote name="decomposedcarrot" date="2023-04-28 20:22:47" ] this is so cute !! would be cool as frick as an official recolor, we'll just have to wait a little while to see ^^ [/quote] Haha, thank you! I'm sure they'll give us something great. I love this Slink set!
Helticks wrote on 2023-04-28 20:14:27:

Thanks! Gradients, layer modes, and a light touch. ^_~

I don't rely on layer modes when I do my own art, but this was just a quick recolor for funsies!

decomposedcarrot wrote on 2023-04-28 20:22:47:

Haha, thank you! I'm sure they'll give us something great. I love this Slink set!
that looks so cool!
that looks so cool!
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
9GImlPT.png
If people would like to see more Slink recolors, let me know? :o
If people would like to see more Slink recolors, let me know? :o
Aw this is so cute! The recolor makes it look even sweeter and friendlier imo!

Also I’m married to a sailor and didn’t make the shellback connection until now lol, just when I thought I couldn’t love the slinks more you gave me another reason!

Also I’m married to a sailor and didn’t make the shellback connection until now lol, just when I thought I couldn’t love the slinks more you gave me another reason!
what you did with the eye is awesome! huge fan of the golden shell. and a sea green with some blue is beautiful <3

ya know i think the slinks are kinda meh but i wouldn't be mad at all if they had such dynamic recolors. like the gem guardians! i think they are unpopular but i swear i've used almost all of the originals/recolors on my dragons. your edit reminds me of how cool they could be!
what you did with the eye is awesome! huge fan of the golden shell. and a sea green with some blue is beautiful <3

ya know i think the slinks are kinda meh but i wouldn't be mad at all if they had such dynamic recolors. like the gem guardians! i think they are unpopular but i swear i've used almost all of the originals/recolors on my dragons. your edit reminds me of how cool they could be!
yzUX307.png
@Kiyoomi @likely6 Thank you both! I appreciate the feedback! :3 [quote name="Sniff" date="2023-04-28 20:37:02" ] Aw this is so cute! The recolor makes it look even sweeter and friendlier imo! Also I’m married to a sailor and didn’t make the shellback connection until now lol, just when I thought I couldn’t love the slinks more you gave me another reason! [/quote] Most excellent! I am glad someone got the reference. xD I knew my manfriend for several years when he was a sailor. He's out now, but those days are some great memories.
@Kiyoomi @likely6

Thank you both! I appreciate the feedback! :3

Sniff wrote on 2023-04-28 20:37:02:

Most excellent! I am glad someone got the reference. xD I knew my manfriend for several years when he was a sailor. He's out now, but those days are some great memories.
1 2