Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what do snappers use their wings for?
1 2
Communication. I think signalling would make sense.

Oh yeah tho, I just noticed some other comments - thermoregulation is a fantastic idea, especially since Snappers come from a hot desert territory! That's why ears tend to be large in animals who inhabit hot regions, like elephants or fennec foxes.
Communication. I think signalling would make sense.

Oh yeah tho, I just noticed some other comments - thermoregulation is a fantastic idea, especially since Snappers come from a hot desert territory! That's why ears tend to be large in animals who inhabit hot regions, like elephants or fennec foxes.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-02-10 12:21:37" ] I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat. [/quote] Instant headcanon.
Recallback wrote on 2023-02-10 12:21:37:
I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat.

Instant headcanon.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
[quote name="Halkiierid" date="2023-02-10 12:22:34" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-02-10 12:21:37" ] I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat. [/quote] Elephants have big ears for the same reason. [/quote] this was my thought too.
Halkiierid wrote on 2023-02-10 12:22:34:
Recallback wrote on 2023-02-10 12:21:37:
I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat.

Elephants have big ears for the same reason.
this was my thought too.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
1 2