Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding RNG gone stale...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I disagree with your point on Ancients. Not every dragon needs apparel to shine, especially if I just bought them lovely genes and wish to show them off. Also, in exchange for no apparel, Ancients get line breaking terts and non-conforming shapes like Banes, Abbies, and Undertides. They also come far more quickly than moderns. All in all it just sounds like you prefer apparel, which is fine.

However I do agree with the point on the eyes. It was much better when Primals and such were exclusive to breeding. It gave you something to be excited about and it was a lot more fun to try and make a primal work rather than slapping a vial on a matchy dragon. I know I'm in the minority thinking this, but I still feel this way, even years after the Eyepocolypse and I most likely always will.

I also agree on the fairgrounds and Coli points.
I disagree with your point on Ancients. Not every dragon needs apparel to shine, especially if I just bought them lovely genes and wish to show them off. Also, in exchange for no apparel, Ancients get line breaking terts and non-conforming shapes like Banes, Abbies, and Undertides. They also come far more quickly than moderns. All in all it just sounds like you prefer apparel, which is fine.

However I do agree with the point on the eyes. It was much better when Primals and such were exclusive to breeding. It gave you something to be excited about and it was a lot more fun to try and make a primal work rather than slapping a vial on a matchy dragon. I know I'm in the minority thinking this, but I still feel this way, even years after the Eyepocolypse and I most likely always will.

I also agree on the fairgrounds and Coli points.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
That sucks for you but plenty of us are very happy with how FR works.
I hope you find either a play style or another pet site that suits you better.
That sucks for you but plenty of us are very happy with how FR works.
I hope you find either a play style or another pet site that suits you better.
Will he ever stop experimenting with magic? We don't know, but all the dragons he's accidentally transformed from other things don't mind so much.
33181764.pngLlewych, the light magician
If you want a challenge in breeding, I recommend targeting rare color combinations. It took me four months to breed this fandragon, and I was only going for colors and gender [from the start to end of the project, there were no active dragons with his colors, and only one exalted dragon with them]. It'd take even longer if I was trying for a certain breed or genes [ex: the two Imperial breeding projects I've pursued]. If you especially like RNG, you could check out Stock The Pond, it has some of the appeal of egg-hatching IMO [very wide range of colors, excitement over getting a double or triple, etc].

For me, the appeal of Flight Rising is less gameplay and more creative focused. Breeding is a slow process, so if I want to engage with FR, I'll talk to people on the forums, design bios for my dragons, or draw dragons. That's what keeps me coming back, not my moneymaking strats of grinding the Coliseum and listing items on the Auction House.
If you want a challenge in breeding, I recommend targeting rare color combinations. It took me four months to breed this fandragon, and I was only going for colors and gender [from the start to end of the project, there were no active dragons with his colors, and only one exalted dragon with them]. It'd take even longer if I was trying for a certain breed or genes [ex: the two Imperial breeding projects I've pursued]. If you especially like RNG, you could check out Stock The Pond, it has some of the appeal of egg-hatching IMO [very wide range of colors, excitement over getting a double or triple, etc].

For me, the appeal of Flight Rising is less gameplay and more creative focused. Breeding is a slow process, so if I want to engage with FR, I'll talk to people on the forums, design bios for my dragons, or draw dragons. That's what keeps me coming back, not my moneymaking strats of grinding the Coliseum and listing items on the Auction House.
!! signature under construction !!
I am going to apologize for not being able to read all of the responses.

I want to address something. Most of you will not agree with me. That's because, most of the people who do agree with me, stopped actively playing. Therefore, they don't even bother going into this forum at all.

Saying you complete al dailies within an hour is dismissive and belittling. It doesn't change how long it takes others to do those tasks. The more lair spaces, the longer bonding takes. And, some people bond all of their familiars using a technique of changing on one screen, refreshing on another. There's a huge difference in bonding with 40 familiars and 800 familiars, which is how many I would bond with daily.

Dismissing my concerns as burnout, or whatever, is not productive. It's a form of bullying. Just fact.

But, here is the thing. A year ago this time, the site averaged over 5,000 players active during the daytime hours where I am. Now it averages 4,000 or less (sometimes much much less). Since they depend on ad revenue, they likely have noticed.
I am going to apologize for not being able to read all of the responses.

I want to address something. Most of you will not agree with me. That's because, most of the people who do agree with me, stopped actively playing. Therefore, they don't even bother going into this forum at all.

Saying you complete al dailies within an hour is dismissive and belittling. It doesn't change how long it takes others to do those tasks. The more lair spaces, the longer bonding takes. And, some people bond all of their familiars using a technique of changing on one screen, refreshing on another. There's a huge difference in bonding with 40 familiars and 800 familiars, which is how many I would bond with daily.

Dismissing my concerns as burnout, or whatever, is not productive. It's a form of bullying. Just fact.

But, here is the thing. A year ago this time, the site averaged over 5,000 players active during the daytime hours where I am. Now it averages 4,000 or less (sometimes much much less). Since they depend on ad revenue, they likely have noticed.
BannerEggMoreEggsbb500.png
[quote name="Epsereth" date="2023-01-19 06:48:05" ] It's Dragon Dress-Up. ¯\_(?)_/¯ It's a nice way to zen out and make pretty colors match in pleasant ways. If I want engaging gameplay, I've got a Switch. [/quote] yeah i gotta say this really is the appeal for me too flight rising is game for oooh pretty dragon :D and oooh dominance is fun because teamwork :D
Epsereth wrote on 2023-01-19 06:48:05:
It's Dragon Dress-Up. ¯\_(?)_/¯

It's a nice way to zen out and make pretty colors match in pleasant ways. If I want engaging gameplay, I've got a Switch.
yeah i gotta say this really is the appeal for me too

flight rising is game for oooh pretty dragon :D and oooh dominance is fun because teamwork :D
||
||
||
||
||
||
. .. zilla - 25 - he/him

SUPZzVm.gif
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
. . .
5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif5hUIhs7.gif
ePOliyb.pngAaYNmEX.png
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
0MTaj3d.pngpyAp3dI.png
5hF3FGk.pngYMPbu9R.png
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
. . . avvie derg: peeps
..02EJkdw.png
. . . ||
||
||
||
||
||
woooooo too many longposts
i advise maybe raking a break in fr, seems like you have quite a burnout
and about rng, you could try challenges that are based on rng factors, like kingdomlockes and etc
woooooo too many longposts
i advise maybe raking a break in fr, seems like you have quite a burnout
and about rng, you could try challenges that are based on rng factors, like kingdomlockes and etc
aesq82D.giff54b7fcb7a59201d421ffead40d394df8005beab.png41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
[quote name="FireOpalNebula" date="2023-01-19 13:48:07" ] Dismissing my concerns as burnout, or whatever, is not productive. It's a form of bullying. Just fact. [/quote] ????????????????????????????????????? No, it's not fact actually. People disagreeing with your opinions that you've posted on a public forum intended for discussion and giving you suggestions in an attempt to help you is not even remotely close to bullying in any capacity.
FireOpalNebula wrote on 2023-01-19 13:48:07:

?????????????????????????????????????

No, it's not fact actually. People disagreeing with your opinions that you've posted on a public forum intended for discussion and giving you suggestions in an attempt to help you is not even remotely close to bullying in any capacity.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
Bro i feel op so hard. Eyes lost their luster when the vials where introduced, that's it. If you go to me like "um actually they where BETTER when the vials where introduced -" you can just not talk to me and I'd rather you just arbitrarily block me, we're not going to se eyes to eye (pun lol)
No sake of rarity seems holy on the face of ease off obtaining and That's the only issue i have with flight rising, i have to make my own value with G1, which barely fill the same niche, it isn't as fulfilling as truly rare eye types where to me.
But new breed and gene releases can be cool, don't get me wrong at all, its interesting to se show i can match up genes to make colors work, there's just a void that the vials viciously carved out by removing any real reason to breed for eye types, and now I've joined the fodder breeders, 5 gems a dragon is nice though.
Bro i feel op so hard. Eyes lost their luster when the vials where introduced, that's it. If you go to me like "um actually they where BETTER when the vials where introduced -" you can just not talk to me and I'd rather you just arbitrarily block me, we're not going to se eyes to eye (pun lol)
No sake of rarity seems holy on the face of ease off obtaining and That's the only issue i have with flight rising, i have to make my own value with G1, which barely fill the same niche, it isn't as fulfilling as truly rare eye types where to me.
But new breed and gene releases can be cool, don't get me wrong at all, its interesting to se show i can match up genes to make colors work, there's just a void that the vials viciously carved out by removing any real reason to breed for eye types, and now I've joined the fodder breeders, 5 gems a dragon is nice though.
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
[quote name="Amei" date="2023-01-19 14:01:55" ] [quote name="FireOpalNebula" date="2023-01-19 13:48:07" ] Dismissing my concerns as burnout, or whatever, is not productive. It's a form of bullying. Just fact. [/quote] ????????????????????????????????????? No, it's not fact actually. People disagreeing with your opinions that you've posted on a public forum intended for discussion and giving you suggestions in an attempt to help you is not even remotely close to bullying in any capacity. [/quote] Yeah, people not agreeing with you isn't bullying. A lot of people on FR seem to forget this. Bringing up burn-out specifically is also definitely not bullying - it's more people expressing concern or trying to sympathize, at least that's what I know [i]I'm[/i] trying to do in saying that it does sound like you're super burnt out. It's true that there's a dif between bonding with the very small amount of fams people say here, and bonding with 800, and doing every single other daily at the same time. I bonded regularly with 700 during NOTN, and it burned me out SUPER fast, I got exhausted and annoyed but it felt necessary because coli was far, far slower. Doing that every day, as just a regular part of my dailies? That sounds really difficult. I think you're unnecessarily making life a bit harder for yourself - not maliciously, you're just tryna play, y'know. And then when that's all said and done, you've done fairgrounds, you might still not be able to buy all the things you wanted - and without a project, or enjoying coli, there's not much else to engage with on the site..... etc etc, I can see how you'd get really burnt out. There isn't more to engage with other than the features that are exhausting you. A lot of people have heavily suggested taking a break, and I'd suggest the same. If you're not having fun, then you'll just make yourself more miserable to keep going at it. A stone won't make water no matter how hard you squeeze it. Personally, I think you might Lioden more - it's a lot more breeding, apparel, and RNG focused without being so difficult that it's too hard to get into (like Wolvden is which I'd recc if you want an easily more difficult site). And after a break, you might be able to come back to the site with fresh eyes. Find an angle you're more interested in. If you don't? Well, that's sad, but your dragons will always be here to look at so you can just do that and move on. This is more patting you on the back than arguing your actual og post, but I didn't see the need to do that. Tis a very personal opinion (and the active users thing isn't really accurate - I've been here for several years, and FR does usually average around the high 3000's to 4000's with more during special events or releases so not much has changed) and clearly enough people disagree for the FR staff to give us less RNG for breeding in the first place.
Amei wrote on 2023-01-19 14:01:55:
FireOpalNebula wrote on 2023-01-19 13:48:07:

?????????????????????????????????????

No, it's not fact actually. People disagreeing with your opinions that you've posted on a public forum intended for discussion and giving you suggestions in an attempt to help you is not even remotely close to bullying in any capacity.
Yeah, people not agreeing with you isn't bullying. A lot of people on FR seem to forget this. Bringing up burn-out specifically is also definitely not bullying - it's more people expressing concern or trying to sympathize, at least that's what I know I'm trying to do in saying that it does sound like you're super burnt out.

It's true that there's a dif between bonding with the very small amount of fams people say here, and bonding with 800, and doing every single other daily at the same time.
I bonded regularly with 700 during NOTN, and it burned me out SUPER fast, I got exhausted and annoyed but it felt necessary because coli was far, far slower. Doing that every day, as just a regular part of my dailies? That sounds really difficult. I think you're unnecessarily making life a bit harder for yourself - not maliciously, you're just tryna play, y'know.

And then when that's all said and done, you've done fairgrounds, you might still not be able to buy all the things you wanted - and without a project, or enjoying coli, there's not much else to engage with on the site..... etc etc, I can see how you'd get really burnt out. There isn't more to engage with other than the features that are exhausting you.
A lot of people have heavily suggested taking a break, and I'd suggest the same. If you're not having fun, then you'll just make yourself more miserable to keep going at it. A stone won't make water no matter how hard you squeeze it. Personally, I think you might Lioden more - it's a lot more breeding, apparel, and RNG focused without being so difficult that it's too hard to get into (like Wolvden is which I'd recc if you want an easily more difficult site).
And after a break, you might be able to come back to the site with fresh eyes. Find an angle you're more interested in. If you don't? Well, that's sad, but your dragons will always be here to look at so you can just do that and move on.

This is more patting you on the back than arguing your actual og post, but I didn't see the need to do that. Tis a very personal opinion (and the active users thing isn't really accurate - I've been here for several years, and FR does usually average around the high 3000's to 4000's with more during special events or releases so not much has changed) and clearly enough people disagree for the FR staff to give us less RNG for breeding in the first place.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I know I'm focusing way too much on a small part of a big post but, unlike the rest of the complaints which are purely opinion based, saying this site regularly saw an average of 5000+ users this time a year ago is just factually untrue. If you either visit the How Many Users are Online thread in forum games or the Wayback Machine and browse for a couple of minutes you will see that the average, apart from during breed releases or NotN, has very steadily remained at 3-4k users most of the (day)time.

And yes, most users here will disagree with you because we're still playing. And? What else did you expect when you posted an opinion to a public forum that, by your own admission, most of the active userbase doesn't share? We know other people have left FR out of dissatisfaction before, that happens to everything ever because catering to all groups of people at once is impossible. It's 100% ok to be disappointed and talk about it (though wording it as if it's the one truth and not your personal opinion is probably what's peeving people) but no, others telling you you sound burnt out or would do better with a different game isn't bullying, what in the world?
I know I'm focusing way too much on a small part of a big post but, unlike the rest of the complaints which are purely opinion based, saying this site regularly saw an average of 5000+ users this time a year ago is just factually untrue. If you either visit the How Many Users are Online thread in forum games or the Wayback Machine and browse for a couple of minutes you will see that the average, apart from during breed releases or NotN, has very steadily remained at 3-4k users most of the (day)time.

And yes, most users here will disagree with you because we're still playing. And? What else did you expect when you posted an opinion to a public forum that, by your own admission, most of the active userbase doesn't share? We know other people have left FR out of dissatisfaction before, that happens to everything ever because catering to all groups of people at once is impossible. It's 100% ok to be disappointed and talk about it (though wording it as if it's the one truth and not your personal opinion is probably what's peeving people) but no, others telling you you sound burnt out or would do better with a different game isn't bullying, what in the world?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9