Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragons have...
1 2
...Televisions? Had this thought while reading old devposts, in which; [quote]There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations created through the 1920's but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent.[/quote] The first tv was invented in the 1920's, and tanks in 1910. Theoretically, Sornieth could have both.. Maybe Lightning is keeping all the cool machines to themselves!
...Televisions?

Had this thought while reading old devposts, in which;
Quote:
There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations created through the 1920's but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent.

The first tv was invented in the 1920's, and tanks in 1910. Theoretically, Sornieth could have both.. Maybe Lightning is keeping all the cool machines to themselves!
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
Other fun things dragons have if this is still canon; Zeppelins, vacuum cleaners, plastic, aeroplanes, ballpoint pens, metal detectors, bicycles!

Edit: Dragons could hace color movies. I need to come up with some dumb flick movie plots for Sornieth's movie studios
Other fun things dragons have if this is still canon; Zeppelins, vacuum cleaners, plastic, aeroplanes, ballpoint pens, metal detectors, bicycles!

Edit: Dragons could hace color movies. I need to come up with some dumb flick movie plots for Sornieth's movie studios
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
I DESPERATELY NEED DRAGON TANKS NOW
I DESPERATELY NEED DRAGON TANKS NOW
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
oh my god dragon tanks? i need to see that so bad you have no idea

i have an entire lair tab dedicated to fandragons from a series called TANKMEN of course i need to see the dragon tanks
oh my god dragon tanks? i need to see that so bad you have no idea

i have an entire lair tab dedicated to fandragons from a series called TANKMEN of course i need to see the dragon tanks
gTTW2gA.png
ePOliyb.png
kAof1pc.png
ipXQ8Fw.png
mlHpBMC.png
wyatt01.pngwrightharvey_harvey.pngwrightharvey_wright.pngkigahen_jasper.png
*Takes notes furiously*
*Takes notes furiously*
@shwoomwoom @kingaries

Imagine how small fae tanks would be compared to imperial tanks of my god.. Then again fae could be a big help in constructing tanks, what with being able to fit in small spaces-
@shwoomwoom @kingaries

Imagine how small fae tanks would be compared to imperial tanks of my god.. Then again fae could be a big help in constructing tanks, what with being able to fit in small spaces-
Oo1lWlZ.png

[quote name="froginthebag" date="2022-03-30 03:40:08" ] @/shwoomwoom @/kingaries Imagine how small fae tanks would be compared to imperial tanks of my god.. Then again fae could be a big help in constructing tanks, what with being able to fit in small spaces- [/quote] Fae tanks inside imperial tanks, it just slides into a small crevice and kablooeys stuff into smithereens Edit: accidental ping!
froginthebag wrote on 2022-03-30 03:40:08:
@/shwoomwoom @/kingaries

Fae tanks inside imperial tanks, it just slides into a small crevice and kablooeys stuff into smithereens
Edit: accidental ping!
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
I'm sure Lightning has tanks, gigantic tanks in a dragon shape. Kaiju series would become very popular on TV.

Adding to the list of things out of the time period is motherboards which drop from the GW, but are categorized under "dragon made".
I'm sure Lightning has tanks, gigantic tanks in a dragon shape. Kaiju series would become very popular on TV.

Adding to the list of things out of the time period is motherboards which drop from the GW, but are categorized under "dragon made".
Y02PS6v.png
They might not.

In a similar discussion a while back, I'd scoured through the available lore and it seemed like dragonkind does not make use of Radio technology despite that it'd be a pretty obvious innovation- especially when both Lightning and Arcane have such advanced magitech being used to monitor natural (and unnatural) phenomena. We're still using couriers for primary communication. A LOT of the fighting between flights could probably be resolved if someone could/would just call someone else. There was a theory that because of the warring between flights that communication through other means was being obfuscated, Lightning certainly doesn't want to be found out with what they're up to.

One could assume that if there's no communication via radio or similar, they might not have televisions. Hard to say. It seems like something they could have though.
They might not.

In a similar discussion a while back, I'd scoured through the available lore and it seemed like dragonkind does not make use of Radio technology despite that it'd be a pretty obvious innovation- especially when both Lightning and Arcane have such advanced magitech being used to monitor natural (and unnatural) phenomena. We're still using couriers for primary communication. A LOT of the fighting between flights could probably be resolved if someone could/would just call someone else. There was a theory that because of the warring between flights that communication through other means was being obfuscated, Lightning certainly doesn't want to be found out with what they're up to.

One could assume that if there's no communication via radio or similar, they might not have televisions. Hard to say. It seems like something they could have though.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
you had me at vacuum cleaners
you had me at vacuum cleaners
tgKCVtZ.png
1 2