Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I got my mom to play FR...
1 2 3 4
...and my next step is to make my grandma sign up.

Okay but in all seriousness it's the best achievement of my life. To be fair she doesn't really feed her dragons and dont do anything else but to play on the Fairgrounds. Every once in a while she will ask me to help her buy some pretty dragons (that will then be condemned to starve forever lol).

Then I'll catch her playing some puzzle on her computer, or she will ask me how glimmer and gloom work (took me half an hour to explain to her the basics but she was so happy to understand in the end). She's not really a gamer and it's the first time i'm able to have common ground on any type of video games since she's not super into it. Very hard to watch her try to play anything that's not a race game.

Anyway! I'm just happy about it. My mom plays flight rising and I might be able to get my grandma to do the same since she also likes puzzles and Mahjong. If im able to do that its gona be 3 generation of *insert familly name here* playing FR.

Anyone managed to get their parents hooked into the game somehow?

...and my next step is to make my grandma sign up.

Okay but in all seriousness it's the best achievement of my life. To be fair she doesn't really feed her dragons and dont do anything else but to play on the Fairgrounds. Every once in a while she will ask me to help her buy some pretty dragons (that will then be condemned to starve forever lol).

Then I'll catch her playing some puzzle on her computer, or she will ask me how glimmer and gloom work (took me half an hour to explain to her the basics but she was so happy to understand in the end). She's not really a gamer and it's the first time i'm able to have common ground on any type of video games since she's not super into it. Very hard to watch her try to play anything that's not a race game.

Anyway! I'm just happy about it. My mom plays flight rising and I might be able to get my grandma to do the same since she also likes puzzles and Mahjong. If im able to do that its gona be 3 generation of *insert familly name here* playing FR.

Anyone managed to get their parents hooked into the game somehow?

97e1e1d1e9c129e22e9ccbc1b074f310624fc24e.png
My offspring @ArgenteaMoon got me recruited, after years of showing me bits of FR and suggesting that this was pretty great, right?

I agreed that it was pretty great, but there were other games I was involved in at the time.

And then they managed to catch me at a time when I was looking round for something new to play... and the rest is history. :P

It's a great game to recruit mums/moms and grandmas to, because you can assure them with perfect truth that there are already lots of mums/moms and grandmas who play.

*waves* :D
My offspring @ArgenteaMoon got me recruited, after years of showing me bits of FR and suggesting that this was pretty great, right?

I agreed that it was pretty great, but there were other games I was involved in at the time.

And then they managed to catch me at a time when I was looking round for something new to play... and the rest is history. :P

It's a great game to recruit mums/moms and grandmas to, because you can assure them with perfect truth that there are already lots of mums/moms and grandmas who play.

*waves* :D
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
Chance would be a fine thing.
Chance would be a fine thing.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
This is the best thread I've ever seen

I didn't get my parents to play FR, but I did once get my mom (looks 40 but is almost 70) to play Red Dead Redemption 2. She couldn't really control the horse, assaulted an NPC, then started laughing and angrily shouting WHY IS HE SHOOTING AT ME. It was the best thing I've ever been a part of, hands down.

More power to you and your family!!
This is the best thread I've ever seen

I didn't get my parents to play FR, but I did once get my mom (looks 40 but is almost 70) to play Red Dead Redemption 2. She couldn't really control the horse, assaulted an NPC, then started laughing and angrily shouting WHY IS HE SHOOTING AT ME. It was the best thing I've ever been a part of, hands down.

More power to you and your family!!
cM8dUFr.png
I wish I could get someone else from my family playing, but both my parents avoid video games like the plague. Especially my mom :(
It also just doesn't seem like the sort of thing she'd enjoy anyway. She doesn't really understand dragons or breeding games in general
I wish I could get someone else from my family playing, but both my parents avoid video games like the plague. Especially my mom :(
It also just doesn't seem like the sort of thing she'd enjoy anyway. She doesn't really understand dragons or breeding games in general
Ot3Ahks.jpg
That's awesome! My parents think dragons, and videogames are demonic, I actually had to stop playing until I moved out, because my parents thought I was sinning, by playing FR. LOL
That's awesome! My parents think dragons, and videogames are demonic, I actually had to stop playing until I moved out, because my parents thought I was sinning, by playing FR. LOL
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
Tell your mom I said hi
Tell your mom I said hi
My mom also plays FR, a lot more casually than I do. I noticed there was a registration window (this was back then) and I was like, hey, wanna join?
My mom also plays FR, a lot more casually than I do. I noticed there was a registration window (this was back then) and I was like, hey, wanna join?
This post is so wholesome and makes me so happy. My mom isn't really the type to do well with the open-ended nature of this kind of game, I think, but I had an absolute blast introducing her to RPGs when we had more overlapping spare time. Good luck with your grandma! We need more people of all generations here. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
This post is so wholesome and makes me so happy.

My mom isn't really the type to do well with the open-ended nature of this kind of game, I think, but I had an absolute blast introducing her to RPGs when we had more overlapping spare time.

Good luck with your grandma! We need more people of all generations here.
I'm the mom whose kid got her into FR, lol.
I'm the mom whose kid got her into FR, lol.
7cd42dd7c8525fd22d17b638a35917cbaa2819e3.gif wuxianbyrasaliina-small.png
1 2 3 4