Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Copyright infringement
1 2 3 4 5
I... don’t know where else to put this but I was just browsing Pinterest when I saw this fae dragon along with some of William O’Connor’s art and others I don’t recognize. [s]The website seems safe (it shows the trust seal, the little lock left of the website address) link is in the image.[/s] Before you visit the website: [quote name="Quid" date="2022-03-16 17:28:55" ] [quote name="TheGildedRaven" date="2022-03-16 14:11:38" ] The website seems safe (it shows the trust seal, the little lock left of the website address) link is in the image. [/quote] Bit of an aside, but it's important to know that the padlock symbol does [i]not[/i] indicate that a website is safe or can be trusted. It just means that the website is using SSL, an 'encryption based internet security protocol'. What SSL does is encrypt the connection to the website so a third party can't alter the page that loads on your screen to be different to the one stored on the website's server. In other words, it indicates that the website you see matches the web address in the top bar. Not if the website itself is safe! A scammer can make a website with SSL and use it to scam people or spread malware. It's good to check for the padlock on, say, your bank's website as one way to check if you're viewing the actual bank's page and not a fake. But a random online webstore you don't recognise? The padlock can't tell you if that's safe or not, since you don't know who is running the webstore in the first place. [/quote] [url=https://skitongifts.com/products/wallart_types_of_dragon-mh2509?variant=40686739456182][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/809058331499036695/953760696884158474/IMG_1602.png[/img][/url]
I... don’t know where else to put this but I was just browsing Pinterest when I saw this fae dragon along with some of William O’Connor’s art and others I don’t recognize. The website seems safe (it shows the trust seal, the little lock left of the website address) link is in the image.

Before you visit the website:
Quid wrote on 2022-03-16 17:28:55:
TheGildedRaven wrote on 2022-03-16 14:11:38:
The website seems safe (it shows the trust seal, the little lock left of the website address) link is in the image.

Bit of an aside, but it's important to know that the padlock symbol does not indicate that a website is safe or can be trusted. It just means that the website is using SSL, an 'encryption based internet security protocol'. What SSL does is encrypt the connection to the website so a third party can't alter the page that loads on your screen to be different to the one stored on the website's server. In other words, it indicates that the website you see matches the web address in the top bar. Not if the website itself is safe! A scammer can make a website with SSL and use it to scam people or spread malware.

It's good to check for the padlock on, say, your bank's website as one way to check if you're viewing the actual bank's page and not a fake. But a random online webstore you don't recognise? The padlock can't tell you if that's safe or not, since you don't know who is running the webstore in the first place.

IMG_1602.png
rSJg2ds.jpgezykfzF.jpg
Well- I was expecting this to be someone discovering that the NeondragonArt bookseries was written by Undel

This is... very odd. I recognize a bunch of those dragons from a book series I had as a kid, I'll see if I can find them

Edit: Ah right so, I was remembering William O'connor's book I think (makes sense, you mentioned you were looking for his art)
Well- I was expecting this to be someone discovering that the NeondragonArt bookseries was written by Undel

This is... very odd. I recognize a bunch of those dragons from a book series I had as a kid, I'll see if I can find them

Edit: Ah right so, I was remembering William O'connor's book I think (makes sense, you mentioned you were looking for his art)
potato.png
is it wearing a uma? looks like a uma. that's double infringement right there
is it wearing a uma? looks like a uma. that's double infringement right there
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
It looks like all these crazy dragons and then just a Fae. That Basalisk almost looks like the one in the D&D monster manual.
It looks like all these crazy dragons and then just a Fae. That Basalisk almost looks like the one in the D&D monster manual.
serperior.gif druddigon.gif kyurem.gif zekrom.gif reshiram.gif
it looks so out of place LOL

Like those sort of art where people use super cartoony styles against super detailed background, like Mickey Mouse photoshopped onto Starry Nights
it looks so out of place LOL

Like those sort of art where people use super cartoony styles against super detailed background, like Mickey Mouse photoshopped onto Starry Nights
[quote name="RipPip" date="2022-03-16 14:30:45" ] It looks like all these crazy dragons and then just a Fae. That Basalisk almost looks like the one in the D&D monster manual. [/quote] I typed in basilisk D&D on google and that art was on the D&DBeyond webpage so I think you might be right there [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/777598766484160524/953768938397896744/Screenshot_386.png[/img]
RipPip wrote on 2022-03-16 14:30:45:

I typed in basilisk D&D on google and that art was on the D&DBeyond webpage so I think you might be right there

Screenshot_386.png
potato.png
All I can think looking at this is 'One of these things is not like the other!'
All I can think looking at this is 'One of these things is not like the other!'
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
Yeah, seems to be a mix of dracopedia art, dnd monster art, and a rando fae. Might wanna contact staff/support about it idk
Yeah, seems to be a mix of dracopedia art, dnd monster art, and a rando fae. Might wanna contact staff/support about it idk
nTa2yPT.png
i submitted this to support a while ago. though the arrangement of the dragons was different on the picture i provided
i submitted this to support a while ago. though the arrangement of the dragons was different on the picture i provided
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
It's so... blatant. ...How did anyone look at that and approve it? The art styles are so different there's no way someone wouldn't have noticed.
It's so... blatant. ...How did anyone look at that and approve it? The art styles are so different there's no way someone wouldn't have noticed.
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
1 2 3 4 5