Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone else hating Arlo right now?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Nolgi" date="2022-02-19 16:02:26" ] It’s not perfect but I don’t think it’s anywhere as big a deal as anyone is making it out to be. It’s not like a huge site mechanic, it’s completely optional and the stuff available isn’t rare or really expensive at all either. [/quote]
Nolgi wrote on 2022-02-19 16:02:26:
It’s not perfect but I don’t think it’s anywhere as big a deal as anyone is making it out to be. It’s not like a huge site mechanic, it’s completely optional and the stuff available isn’t rare or really expensive at all either.
sudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gif
SUDOWOODO PARTY
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2022-02-19 12:09:21" ] I just maxed my exp and I'm wondering why in the world they would cap it at level 1 if you can't even get all the items while still earning exp? [/quote]
Stormdragon wrote on 2022-02-19 12:09:21:
I just maxed my exp and I'm wondering why in the world they would cap it at level 1 if you can't even get all the items while still earning exp?
o1Ug1jU.png
» bea
» she/her
» +9 FR time
I got the one copy of ground that I wanted so once I hit XP cap I will just hoard the resources and wait for the next site. It's a little too frustrating to keep clearing plots and then uncovering them again before I've gotten the bigger ones done once.

I will let the rare research note help clear and just not claim anything else.
I got the one copy of ground that I wanted so once I hit XP cap I will just hoard the resources and wait for the next site. It's a little too frustrating to keep clearing plots and then uncovering them again before I've gotten the bigger ones done once.

I will let the rare research note help clear and just not claim anything else.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[center]Honestly, this was how I felt the day Arlo dropped since I was hoping for the 2 headed ancient [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/345/758/033.jpg[/img] and my opinion hasn't really changed.[/center]
Honestly, this was how I felt the day Arlo dropped since I was hoping for the 2 headed ancient

033.jpg

and my opinion hasn't really changed.
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
EHHHHHH I completely understand where you're coming from and I think your input is very important.
In my case, eh, it's free stuff so I'm not gonna complain.
EHHHHHH I completely understand where you're coming from and I think your input is very important.
In my case, eh, it's free stuff so I'm not gonna complain.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Snowscape" date="2022-02-19 16:05:56" ] [quote name="Nolgi" date="2022-02-19 16:02:26" ] It’s not perfect but I don’t think it’s anywhere as big a deal as anyone is making it out to be. It’s not like a huge site mechanic, it’s completely optional and the stuff available isn’t rare or really expensive at all either. [/quote] [/quote]
Snowscape wrote on 2022-02-19 16:05:56:
Nolgi wrote on 2022-02-19 16:02:26:
It’s not perfect but I don’t think it’s anywhere as big a deal as anyone is making it out to be. It’s not like a huge site mechanic, it’s completely optional and the stuff available isn’t rare or really expensive at all either.
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I'm overall enjoying Arlo, but I definitely think there are some relatively minor tweaks the devs could make to the RNG to make it feel less punishing and more rewarding without having to overhaul the system entirely.

The illusion of control (even if there is little to none) is something that's pretty important in game mechanics, and Arlo has no illusions or artifice— it has the layer of actual control in magnifying glasses and that's it, everything else is entirely out of the player's hands. Reducing RNG in some areas wouldn't necessarily give an illusion of control, but it would help make players feel less bad about bad RNG streaks.

There are also several changes they could make that actually give the player more control (such as letting them not re-dig duplicates they don't want and can't use), which would be rad, too, but would require more of an overhaul of the system.
I'm overall enjoying Arlo, but I definitely think there are some relatively minor tweaks the devs could make to the RNG to make it feel less punishing and more rewarding without having to overhaul the system entirely.

The illusion of control (even if there is little to none) is something that's pretty important in game mechanics, and Arlo has no illusions or artifice— it has the layer of actual control in magnifying glasses and that's it, everything else is entirely out of the player's hands. Reducing RNG in some areas wouldn't necessarily give an illusion of control, but it would help make players feel less bad about bad RNG streaks.

There are also several changes they could make that actually give the player more control (such as letting them not re-dig duplicates they don't want and can't use), which would be rad, too, but would require more of an overhaul of the system.
For me, Arlo isn’t disappointing so much as underwhelming. I hope they add new plots soon.
For me, Arlo isn’t disappointing so much as underwhelming. I hope they add new plots soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
I am hoping to see the ability to choose when to reset plots soon, as that is the main part that is frustrating me. I wouldn't mind the long time it takes to finish plots if I actually was finishing ones I wished to finish.
I am hoping to see the ability to choose when to reset plots soon, as that is the main part that is frustrating me. I wouldn't mind the long time it takes to finish plots if I actually was finishing ones I wished to finish.
uCR5SCW.png
i never liked arlo from the start. i was only in it to get a fissure gene but now that the prices have crashed it's quicker to just play G&G for a few days to save up enough treasure to buy it outright.
i never liked arlo from the start. i was only in it to get a fissure gene but now that the prices have crashed it's quicker to just play G&G for a few days to save up enough treasure to buy it outright.
________________________y6Tz96p.png
x
no stars above us
adrian | they / them | fr+2

______aboutwishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6