Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | pain of these vistas
1 2
I wish people could win the artist vista through means beside the skin/accent contest; I don't have a decent drawing program on my computer, and my hands are too shaky for digital art anyway. I dunno what other kind of art stuff there would be besides that, though. :/ And yeah, more writing contests would be super great!
I wish people could win the artist vista through means beside the skin/accent contest; I don't have a decent drawing program on my computer, and my hands are too shaky for digital art anyway. I dunno what other kind of art stuff there would be besides that, though. :/ And yeah, more writing contests would be super great!
I made this signature just for the achievement.
I've always had at least a minor want for both of those vistas. Ever since we got the dragon profile update though, I've wanted them even more! I just wait and hope that some day there will be another familiar colouring/caption writing contest.
I've always had at least a minor want for both of those vistas. Ever since we got the dragon profile update though, I've wanted them even more! I just wait and hope that some day there will be another familiar colouring/caption writing contest.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
@Tune ow man... that is a lot of work o.o I hope I could try to enter at leats two, and that seems a lot for me XD curently I am slowly working on one, will try for shadow fest and see how it will go aaa
wish I had some proper advice, but all I had is that you take some time off, and practice/experiment a bit? you got some neat skins, I am pretty sure you can do it someday <3

@Demesne for dragon profiles, even more... same here. I got to buy some of vistas I would never, just for dragons /nervously looks at armory vista/ I will properly use that one... someday
I will be in real pain once we get artistic tools as apprel (why these aren't a thing already---) asjkfdsbf for writer there is at least grimore, alchemic formula, and even avian anatomy can work.... MMM
@Tune ow man... that is a lot of work o.o I hope I could try to enter at leats two, and that seems a lot for me XD curently I am slowly working on one, will try for shadow fest and see how it will go aaa
wish I had some proper advice, but all I had is that you take some time off, and practice/experiment a bit? you got some neat skins, I am pretty sure you can do it someday <3

@Demesne for dragon profiles, even more... same here. I got to buy some of vistas I would never, just for dragons /nervously looks at armory vista/ I will properly use that one... someday
I will be in real pain once we get artistic tools as apprel (why these aren't a thing already---) asjkfdsbf for writer there is at least grimore, alchemic formula, and even avian anatomy can work.... MMM
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@Valrunie

Eh it is what it is. I can't exactly magically make the judges go "oh okay, she needs to win" lmao.
I didn't enter as many last year because I was actually doing just that, taking some time off from the fests I know is the hardest for me to cool off a bit but any month I don't enter is a missed opportunity so yeah, I dislike taking time off because "what if that was the month?" x')

But thank you for the good luck, the laws of probability states that I should get it at some point if I just keep going so yeah, I'll try c:
@Valrunie

Eh it is what it is. I can't exactly magically make the judges go "oh okay, she needs to win" lmao.
I didn't enter as many last year because I was actually doing just that, taking some time off from the fests I know is the hardest for me to cool off a bit but any month I don't enter is a missed opportunity so yeah, I dislike taking time off because "what if that was the month?" x')

But thank you for the good luck, the laws of probability states that I should get it at some point if I just keep going so yeah, I'll try c:
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
@Tune
ahhh I see :o and "what if that was the month?" uff that is understandable feel haha

btw, have you maybe tried asking for direct advice, maybe on certain skin or so? it might help :o would try myself if you are ok with advices, but I am bad with giving any advice ahh-

if anything, I sprinkle you with luck

/I wanted to find some glitter tossing gif but I ended up looking at drawing reference suitable photos. whops. well when I am not happy with gifs I found smth/
@Tune
ahhh I see :o and "what if that was the month?" uff that is understandable feel haha

btw, have you maybe tried asking for direct advice, maybe on certain skin or so? it might help :o would try myself if you are ok with advices, but I am bad with giving any advice ahh-

if anything, I sprinkle you with luck

/I wanted to find some glitter tossing gif but I ended up looking at drawing reference suitable photos. whops. well when I am not happy with gifs I found smth/

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@Valrunie

I used to write in my early posts to tell me if something looks off but people never told me anything so I kinda just stopped doing it and look at winning entries.

I have had 3 Honorable mentions so I do something kinda right at least, just not enough to actually be good enough, so I'ma kinda just trying different things whenever ideas strike me. I know what my strengths are in art so I "recently" started trying to ignore to fit other art styles (as that's like the one thing that most have in common, they have very similar styles) and be more my own because they usually end up better. (not so surprisingly, two of my HM have been during Rockbreakers, and as shiny things are my best skill..well.. I call it "my month to shine" lmao)

And since I have seen skins win that is very different from others I have been more on the "well, I'll just do my thing and eventually it's bound to catch some judge's eye probably"
It is frustrating and recent months I've been more "I've entered, if it works it works but I expect absolutely nothing even if I really like my skin" but I'm less frustrated and more just..well I do my entries, I move on to the next, more or less :')

I don't feel much nowadays but I can practically bet gems that the day I win that hecking darn forum pixel I'll be the happiest girl on the planet xD
@Valrunie

I used to write in my early posts to tell me if something looks off but people never told me anything so I kinda just stopped doing it and look at winning entries.

I have had 3 Honorable mentions so I do something kinda right at least, just not enough to actually be good enough, so I'ma kinda just trying different things whenever ideas strike me. I know what my strengths are in art so I "recently" started trying to ignore to fit other art styles (as that's like the one thing that most have in common, they have very similar styles) and be more my own because they usually end up better. (not so surprisingly, two of my HM have been during Rockbreakers, and as shiny things are my best skill..well.. I call it "my month to shine" lmao)

And since I have seen skins win that is very different from others I have been more on the "well, I'll just do my thing and eventually it's bound to catch some judge's eye probably"
It is frustrating and recent months I've been more "I've entered, if it works it works but I expect absolutely nothing even if I really like my skin" but I'm less frustrated and more just..well I do my entries, I move on to the next, more or less :')

I don't feel much nowadays but I can practically bet gems that the day I win that hecking darn forum pixel I'll be the happiest girl on the planet xD
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
@Tune
yeah, mostly when it comes to asking for critique you need to sometimes just come to people. most of people will pass it off or be "but it all looks nice" (second being why I stopped caring about asking for critiques and just look at why I do and what I see others doing that it works and try to figure it out. like find that I like in art of others and try to aply it on my own? tho I rarely give that care either pft)

ohhh yee that is def neat :o
picking styles in skin making is def tricky, esp when you don't know to try to be like others or try something on your own. I think it is good to look what others do, but not too much and stay your own. focusing on your streghts is def good, and shiny stuff are always liked and wanted heh

I am going in with thought, well it might win and it might not... but I will try, and I will maybe have people or two show interest and that is a small win still? XD tbh I feel like going into contest just for try at advertising--

o hecc damn yes. I will surely toss a cheer. LETS GOOO AND GET THAT DANG VISTA FBKJFABf
@Tune
yeah, mostly when it comes to asking for critique you need to sometimes just come to people. most of people will pass it off or be "but it all looks nice" (second being why I stopped caring about asking for critiques and just look at why I do and what I see others doing that it works and try to figure it out. like find that I like in art of others and try to aply it on my own? tho I rarely give that care either pft)

ohhh yee that is def neat :o
picking styles in skin making is def tricky, esp when you don't know to try to be like others or try something on your own. I think it is good to look what others do, but not too much and stay your own. focusing on your streghts is def good, and shiny stuff are always liked and wanted heh

I am going in with thought, well it might win and it might not... but I will try, and I will maybe have people or two show interest and that is a small win still? XD tbh I feel like going into contest just for try at advertising--

o hecc damn yes. I will surely toss a cheer. LETS GOOO AND GET THAT DANG VISTA FBKJFABf

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@Valrunie Yeah I can definitely agree on the contest being an IC place too if it doesn't win. I have done that in the past as well xD but yeah, I'ma spend this and next year doing just my own style of things and see what happens, might as well experiment to go get dat boi [emoji=normal eyes size=1] [emoji=normal eyes size=1] good luck to you too whenever you try! c:
@Valrunie

Yeah I can definitely agree on the contest being an IC place too if it doesn't win. I have done that in the past as well xD

but yeah, I'ma spend this and next year doing just my own style of things and see what happens, might as well experiment to go get dat boi

good luck to you too whenever you try! c:
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
1 2