Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | y'all ever just [buying fandragons]
1 2 3
Can't relate but only because most of mine aren't so easy to find and result in breeding projects XD
Can't relate but only because most of mine aren't so easy to find and result in breeding projects XD
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
MOOD
I randomly got the idea to make a Kovu (Lion King 2) fandragon a little while ago, immediately went on the AH to buy a female (and, obviously, named her Zira), and now I'm just... waiting until I have time to properly scry Kovu so I know what genes Zira needs, money to gene Zira, and money to buy a male to be the dad and (if necessary) regene him.

I also have a breeding project for a Zelgadis (Slayers) fandragon but the parents have a huge color range and I don't really care to buy more dergs to get a better range 'cause I have three possible scries for him, close range dergs with the right genes are hard to find, and I just like having a pair I can regularly breed for fodders.

on the bright side, my first fandragon breeding project (Ienzo from Kingdom Hearts) is nearly done, the parents are on a rented Shadow nest and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a male with the right primary color. and I already sent my most complex fandragon idea off to the Dragonwish Foundation so it's their problem now, haha.
...I would start a new fandragon project buuuuut I have two Stock the Pond pairs and I have lots of geneing projects to work on so I think I'm gonna hold off. might scry one I have an idea for but scrying him has been kind of a pain so idk if i will.
MOOD
I randomly got the idea to make a Kovu (Lion King 2) fandragon a little while ago, immediately went on the AH to buy a female (and, obviously, named her Zira), and now I'm just... waiting until I have time to properly scry Kovu so I know what genes Zira needs, money to gene Zira, and money to buy a male to be the dad and (if necessary) regene him.

I also have a breeding project for a Zelgadis (Slayers) fandragon but the parents have a huge color range and I don't really care to buy more dergs to get a better range 'cause I have three possible scries for him, close range dergs with the right genes are hard to find, and I just like having a pair I can regularly breed for fodders.

on the bright side, my first fandragon breeding project (Ienzo from Kingdom Hearts) is nearly done, the parents are on a rented Shadow nest and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a male with the right primary color. and I already sent my most complex fandragon idea off to the Dragonwish Foundation so it's their problem now, haha.
...I would start a new fandragon project buuuuut I have two Stock the Pond pairs and I have lots of geneing projects to work on so I think I'm gonna hold off. might scry one I have an idea for but scrying him has been kind of a pain so idk if i will.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Gah, I do this too! I'm not even short on lair space or anything, but I'm always like... dressing/geneing a fandragon can be so expensive; do I really want a dragon for this character...? And I could save that space for fodder or something, hm...

But when I see a dragon with the right colours/eyes in the AH, I have such a hard time resisting! I figure I can always just hang onto them for a few weeks before I decide whether I want to fully commit to them, haha.
Gah, I do this too! I'm not even short on lair space or anything, but I'm always like... dressing/geneing a fandragon can be so expensive; do I really want a dragon for this character...? And I could save that space for fodder or something, hm...

But when I see a dragon with the right colours/eyes in the AH, I have such a hard time resisting! I figure I can always just hang onto them for a few weeks before I decide whether I want to fully commit to them, haha.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2021-12-03 13:27:48" ] Gah, I do this too! I'm not even short on lair space or anything, but I'm always like... dressing/geneing a fandragon can be so expensive; do I really want a dragon for this character...? And I could save that space for fodder or something, hm... But when I see a dragon with the right colours/eyes in the AH, I have such a hard time resisting! I figure I can always just hang onto them for a few weeks before I decide whether I want to fully commit to them, haha. [/quote] this is EXACTLY how I feel [s](except the part about not being short on lair space.. *glares at "0 empty slots available" for lair and "1 empty slot available" for hibden*) [/s] I can relate to dressing/gening being expensive because the outfit's gonna cost quite a bit (60 gems for the main part, but then there's a 150 gem item and a 200 gem item that it could really use), and then genes will be expensive (need obelisk scroll and stripes, stripes isn't too expensive but obelisk scroll? eep) and yet this dragon had just the right prim/sec colors [i]and [/i]eyes [i]and [/i]was on the auction house and I couldn't resist! I might wait a little while in case someone happens to hatch an [i]obelisk [/i]with the correct colors and eyes, though, because that'd save me 350 gems!
Ningyo wrote on 2021-12-03 13:27:48:

this is EXACTLY how I feel (except the part about not being short on lair space.. *glares at "0 empty slots available" for lair and "1 empty slot available" for hibden*)

I can relate to dressing/gening being expensive because the outfit's gonna cost quite a bit (60 gems for the main part, but then there's a 150 gem item and a 200 gem item that it could really use), and then genes will be expensive (need obelisk scroll and stripes, stripes isn't too expensive but obelisk scroll? eep) and yet this dragon had just the right prim/sec colors and eyes and was on the auction house and I couldn't resist! I might wait a little while in case someone happens to hatch an obelisk with the correct colors and eyes, though, because that'd save me 350 gems!
i generally get an idea of what i want the fandragon to look like with a range of colors that i want then scy all the ones that i like then buy it then buy genes and work on an outfit while lvling it up to 25 but sometimes i think it would be a dumb idea and then dumb ideas r usually good ideas so i still get it
i generally get an idea of what i want the fandragon to look like with a range of colors that i want then scy all the ones that i like then buy it then buy genes and work on an outfit while lvling it up to 25 but sometimes i think it would be a dumb idea and then dumb ideas r usually good ideas so i still get it

pride_inkino.png

- wilbur / noctuid
- it/he/xe
- fr+3

.......................................................................................................................................

formerly myceliium -
always collecting mimic powder -

sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
I'm pretty much just a fandragon lair at this point... A lot of time goes into dressing them up, scrying them and then getting a breeding project...
I'm pretty much just a fandragon lair at this point... A lot of time goes into dressing them up, scrying them and then getting a breeding project...
akueye3.png
Most of my fandragons are gen 1 so i have a bunch of saved searches on the ah with the general colour ranges i want... one time i saw one at a pretty cheap price so i immediately slapped that buy button without even looking at the dragon xD
Most of my fandragons are gen 1 so i have a bunch of saved searches on the ah with the general colour ranges i want... one time i saw one at a pretty cheap price so i immediately slapped that buy button without even looking at the dragon xD
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
Yes. Although I tend to make a scry and outfit before actually buying a dragon. That helps curb the impulse a bit.
Yes. Although I tend to make a scry and outfit before actually buying a dragon. That helps curb the impulse a bit.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I didn't want to have fandragons originally when I started this game, but now that's 90% of my Lair, even if I don't count the dragons I have that are inspired by Norse mythology (and therefore are technically fandragons).

The only important question is: does having this fandragon make you happy?

If the answer is yes, don't worry about it. Just keep the dragon and have it be a fandragon until such a time as it doesn't make you happy any more. In my case this is approximately forever.

Life is too short to worry about whether you "should" make a pixel dragon that represents a character. And all characters are worthy if you want to make them. (Not everyone will agree or understand why you'd make a fandragon of a certain character but they don't have to. It's fine. If you want one, just make it.)

I do debate whether the dragon was worth the amount I paid for it sometimes but generally I don't pay over 20kt for dragons (especially fandragons), which is pretty cheap, so. *big shrug* I'm more concerned about the amount of time I've sunk into breeding projects for fandragons, haha! The treasure I've poured into them makes no difference to me, but (as a grown adult with a job and everything) the months of breeding, waiting, agonising over not-quite-the-right-colour hatchings, was all that really worth it ...?

Yeah, yeah it was, who am I kidding? Looking at the dragons I've bred to represent characters makes me stupidly happy. Of course it's worth it. I just wobble over it sometimes.
I didn't want to have fandragons originally when I started this game, but now that's 90% of my Lair, even if I don't count the dragons I have that are inspired by Norse mythology (and therefore are technically fandragons).

The only important question is: does having this fandragon make you happy?

If the answer is yes, don't worry about it. Just keep the dragon and have it be a fandragon until such a time as it doesn't make you happy any more. In my case this is approximately forever.

Life is too short to worry about whether you "should" make a pixel dragon that represents a character. And all characters are worthy if you want to make them. (Not everyone will agree or understand why you'd make a fandragon of a certain character but they don't have to. It's fine. If you want one, just make it.)

I do debate whether the dragon was worth the amount I paid for it sometimes but generally I don't pay over 20kt for dragons (especially fandragons), which is pretty cheap, so. *big shrug* I'm more concerned about the amount of time I've sunk into breeding projects for fandragons, haha! The treasure I've poured into them makes no difference to me, but (as a grown adult with a job and everything) the months of breeding, waiting, agonising over not-quite-the-right-colour hatchings, was all that really worth it ...?

Yeah, yeah it was, who am I kidding? Looking at the dragons I've bred to represent characters makes me stupidly happy. Of course it's worth it. I just wobble over it sometimes.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@LouckyKoneko Random (genuine!) question about your Kovu project: why would you regene both of the parents? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just breed for the colour you want and then gene Kovu himself?

I'm just a little confused because when I'm doing breeding projects and can't find the right genes (which is often) I just ... don't worry about the parents' genes and plan to gene the baby when I get the right look.

Unless you plan to keep the parents, in which case obviously you'd gene them how you want! :)

I'm just curious because I've seen people talk about regening parents in breeding projects before and it seems like a gamble and potentially a waste of dragonmoney to me? (Obviously everyone is free to do what they want with their treasure/gems, I'm not judging, I'm just confused by something that seems counterintuitive to me.)
@LouckyKoneko Random (genuine!) question about your Kovu project: why would you regene both of the parents? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just breed for the colour you want and then gene Kovu himself?

I'm just a little confused because when I'm doing breeding projects and can't find the right genes (which is often) I just ... don't worry about the parents' genes and plan to gene the baby when I get the right look.

Unless you plan to keep the parents, in which case obviously you'd gene them how you want! :)

I'm just curious because I've seen people talk about regening parents in breeding projects before and it seems like a gamble and potentially a waste of dragonmoney to me? (Obviously everyone is free to do what they want with their treasure/gems, I'm not judging, I'm just confused by something that seems counterintuitive to me.)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 3