Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Skins this fest...
1 2 3 4 5 6
As one with a giant color combo bias, I approve of this one majorly.

As one with a giant color combo bias, I approve of this one majorly.

4QFtgPW.png
Ado’s, Our Ancestors, and the colorful painter were so GOOD

Brightmyth’s fossilized gaoler was amazing too

Bismuth Burst was awesome just for being so colorful omg

And paleontologist was great, but yeah, I knew that it probably wouldn’t make it ;;

From the Dust had a lot of cool boney bits on it, and the one with petrified wood was cool for taking on the fossilization aspect without being just An Rock. Deepearth Digger would have been great for giving Veils something more apparel-like; I wish that those would be more prioritized considering that we can’t put ANY apparel on ancients.

Earth Science wasn’t probably going to win, but the unique concept of the pearl being the core of the earth was admittedly a REALLY cool idea

Anyway… I appreciate all of the unique skins, even if the ones with the most creative ideas usually end up being the least likely ones to win :(

Edit: @Katharos man I feel you so hard, sourpusses unite LOL

And paleontologist was great, but yeah, I knew that it probably wouldn’t make it ;;

From the Dust had a lot of cool boney bits on it, and the one with petrified wood was cool for taking on the fossilization aspect without being just An Rock. Deepearth Digger would have been great for giving Veils something more apparel-like; I wish that those would be more prioritized considering that we can’t put ANY apparel on ancients.

Earth Science wasn’t probably going to win, but the unique concept of the pearl being the core of the earth was admittedly a REALLY cool idea

Anyway… I appreciate all of the unique skins, even if the ones with the most creative ideas usually end up being the least likely ones to win :(

Edit: @Katharos man I feel you so hard, sourpusses unite LOL

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
I didn't look at entries, but I am overjoyed with the winners and not disappointed at all :D
I didn't look at entries, but I am overjoyed with the winners and not disappointed at all :D
[quote name="SunstonePhoenix" date="2021-11-21 08:26:57" ] Ado’s, Our Ancestors, and the colorful painter were so GOOD Brightmyth’s fossilized gaoler was amazing too Bismuth Burst was awesome just for being so colorful omg And paleontologist was great, but yeah, I knew that it probably wouldn’t make it ;; From the Dust had a lot of cool boney bits on it, and the one with petrified wood was cool for taking on the fossilization aspect without being just An Rock. Deepearth Digger would have been great for giving Veils something more apparel-like; I wish that those would be more prioritized considering that we can’t put ANY apparel on ancients. Earth Science wasn’t probably going to win, but the unique concept of the pearl being the core of the earth was admittedly a REALLY cool idea Anyway… I appreciate all of the unique skins, even if the ones with the most creative ideas usually end up being the least likely ones to win :( Edit: @/Katharos man I feel you so hard, sourpusses unite LOL [/quote] Hahahaha aw man I forgot about colorful painter it was sooooooo gooooood.
SunstonePhoenix wrote on 2021-11-21 08:26:57:

Edit: @/Katharos man I feel you so hard, sourpusses unite LOL

Hahahaha aw man I forgot about colorful painter it was sooooooo gooooood.
91741235.png77876607.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3072344/6#post_49466049][img]https://i.imgur.com/9NLUrfU.png[/img][/url] this one. this would've been so cool, i just want more colourful skins for rockbreakers. please. i'm getting kinda sick of gemstones. i want sand and fossils! and colour! marketplace vendors and claymakers! there is literally a place on the map for that! please! don't get me wrong, i love the skins this year, but i...eh? y'know?[/center]
9NLUrfU.png

this one. this would've been so cool, i just want more colourful skins for rockbreakers. please. i'm getting kinda sick of gemstones. i want sand and fossils! and colour! marketplace vendors and claymakers! there is literally a place on the map for that! please!

don't get me wrong, i love the skins this year, but i...eh? y'know?
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
a couple of the ones i was rooting for got in, so i'm very happy with them !
specifically solid wings >:) was hoping for the male one but i am definitely not unhappy with the f.
a couple of the ones i was rooting for got in, so i'm very happy with them !
specifically solid wings >:) was hoping for the male one but i am definitely not unhappy with the f.
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
[quote name="smorphie" date="2021-11-21 09:11:31" ] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3072344/6#post_49466049][img]https://i.imgur.com/9NLUrfU.png[/img][/url] this one. this would've been so cool, i just want more colourful skins for rockbreakers. please. i'm getting kinda sick of gemstones. i want sand and fossils! and colour! marketplace vendors and claymakers! there is literally a place on the map for that! please! don't get me wrong, i love the skins this year, but i...eh? y'know?[/center] [/quote] Yes exactly!! Ever since the map expansion, there have been so many new concepts to explore for each flight. I've been especially excited for Earth specifically because of the Colonnades. Earth now *canonically* is more than dust and mines and history. There's a large amount of colorful vendors, and I'm sure that means all kinds of artisans as well! But... rocks and gems will have to do for now, I guess...
smorphie wrote on 2021-11-21 09:11:31:
9NLUrfU.png

this one. this would've been so cool, i just want more colourful skins for rockbreakers. please. i'm getting kinda sick of gemstones. i want sand and fossils! and colour! marketplace vendors and claymakers! there is literally a place on the map for that! please!

don't get me wrong, i love the skins this year, but i...eh? y'know?

Yes exactly!! Ever since the map expansion, there have been so many new concepts to explore for each flight. I've been especially excited for Earth specifically because of the Colonnades. Earth now *canonically* is more than dust and mines and history. There's a large amount of colorful vendors, and I'm sure that means all kinds of artisans as well!

But... rocks and gems will have to do for now, I guess...
1106806.png1106844.png44B24667-304B-4FE5-9E98-94EF9C72D7E6.png1106855.png1106843.png
Yeah, I like the apparel but I'm personally disappointed with the skins (nothing at all against the art, none of them are my personal taste). And what's with that gender ratio? 8:4 female skins?? I mostly have male pose dragons so that was super disappointing to see. I do really like the apparel though, and I'm happy for a chance to get more of the scene!
Yeah, I like the apparel but I'm personally disappointed with the skins (nothing at all against the art, none of them are my personal taste). And what's with that gender ratio? 8:4 female skins?? I mostly have male pose dragons so that was super disappointing to see. I do really like the apparel though, and I'm happy for a chance to get more of the scene!
6ntc1cC.jpg
I'll be honest I still don't know what the apparel is. Is it like, a decorative exoskeleton? Some kind of powersuit to help with mining?? I have no idea
I'll be honest I still don't know what the apparel is. Is it like, a decorative exoskeleton? Some kind of powersuit to help with mining?? I have no idea
1106806.png1106844.png44B24667-304B-4FE5-9E98-94EF9C72D7E6.png1106855.png1106843.png
All of the chosen skins are of really high quality, it might be that some of the skins that were good candidates had to be declined simply because of some line and shading errors? That's always something that lingers in the back of my mind... I would have loved to have Clay Creator but I'm ready to purchase it as an UM if it ends up being printed, I just love it so so much
All of the chosen skins are of really high quality, it might be that some of the skins that were good candidates had to be declined simply because of some line and shading errors? That's always something that lingers in the back of my mind... I would have loved to have Clay Creator but I'm ready to purchase it as an UM if it ends up being printed, I just love it so so much
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6