Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Am I thr only one who thinks...
1 2 3 4
I don't think it sounds mean. Just an easy, simple way to disagree on a suggestion. It's easy to misconstrue things via the internet, so 'no support' is a very effective way to make sure they get their point across.

Now, if it were just 'no support', I usually don't pay much attention to those posts when no reason is given. Like, are they just saying 'no support' because they just don't personally like it? Or is there an actual reason why it shouldn't be implemented?
I don't think it sounds mean. Just an easy, simple way to disagree on a suggestion. It's easy to misconstrue things via the internet, so 'no support' is a very effective way to make sure they get their point across.

Now, if it were just 'no support', I usually don't pay much attention to those posts when no reason is given. Like, are they just saying 'no support' because they just don't personally like it? Or is there an actual reason why it shouldn't be implemented?
I find it a little rude if the person just says "no support" with out at least briefly stating a reason, (plus iirc its against the rules to say "support/no support" without adding anything else to the discussion), but otherwise, its an easy way to say you disagree with a suggestion.
I find it a little rude if the person just says "no support" with out at least briefly stating a reason, (plus iirc its against the rules to say "support/no support" without adding anything else to the discussion), but otherwise, its an easy way to say you disagree with a suggestion.
"link • ufology
they/he/she
[quote name="Are" date="2021-07-08 09:39:19" ] In Suggestions? Not really. It is kind of odd if people give no explaination to them not supporting the suggestion, but it's not usually meant in a mean way. [/quote]
Are wrote on 2021-07-08 09:39:19:
In Suggestions? Not really. It is kind of odd if people give no explaination to them not supporting the suggestion, but it's not usually meant in a mean way.
seGmw74.jpg
suggestions forum is generally pretty blunt in comparison to FRD and the other forums. bluntness can be received very differently in FRD though. at least from what i've seen haha
suggestions forum is generally pretty blunt in comparison to FRD and the other forums. bluntness can be received very differently in FRD though. at least from what i've seen haha
Honestly I think you should be able to support/not support ideas without giving a reason.

I mean you can be for or against an idea just based on whether or not you like it. I always thought the suggestions forumns was a way to gage how the user base feels about a certain idea but more often then not it's a debate chamber where people try to bash each other over the head with ideas until one submits.

It also creates a bizarre environment for aesthetic suggestions where people have to do mental gymnastics to give a "legitimate" reason why they're for or against a fan made breed or gene. That kind of thing usually boils down to "I like/don't like it" where justification for aesthetic appeal is nonsensical because it's objective.
Honestly I think you should be able to support/not support ideas without giving a reason.

I mean you can be for or against an idea just based on whether or not you like it. I always thought the suggestions forumns was a way to gage how the user base feels about a certain idea but more often then not it's a debate chamber where people try to bash each other over the head with ideas until one submits.

It also creates a bizarre environment for aesthetic suggestions where people have to do mental gymnastics to give a "legitimate" reason why they're for or against a fan made breed or gene. That kind of thing usually boils down to "I like/don't like it" where justification for aesthetic appeal is nonsensical because it's objective.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
Conciseness is the ultimate form of courtesy. You respect the other party enough as to avoid patronizing tone with politeness, yet you save breath potentially meant for more unbecoming words that needlessly injure. I would rather someone say they don’t agree with me and why instead of someone wasting both their and my time trying to let me down gently.

As for people that just say support/no support without justification, they are most likely unable to word effectively their reasons for their position or they know they have been unable to rationalize their stance. Either way, I do not waste my time with them.
Conciseness is the ultimate form of courtesy. You respect the other party enough as to avoid patronizing tone with politeness, yet you save breath potentially meant for more unbecoming words that needlessly injure. I would rather someone say they don’t agree with me and why instead of someone wasting both their and my time trying to let me down gently.

As for people that just say support/no support without justification, they are most likely unable to word effectively their reasons for their position or they know they have been unable to rationalize their stance. Either way, I do not waste my time with them.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Many people misconstrue "concise" with "rude". Sometimes, a topic doesn't need a long-winded explanation as to why you do or do not support something, or it's already been hashed out to death by the people before you.

Also, by this logic, just saying "Supported" or "I support this" should also be considered rude. If it's not rude to simply reply "Supported," then it should not be considered rude to simply say "Not supported." Both people have put in the exact amount of time to convey their feelings on the subject; just because one is dissenting against the OP's opinion does not change this fact. Maybe this could be different if there was an actual voting system built into the suggestions forum, but in the meantime that's really the only way people can "vote" on a particular suggestion.
Many people misconstrue "concise" with "rude". Sometimes, a topic doesn't need a long-winded explanation as to why you do or do not support something, or it's already been hashed out to death by the people before you.

Also, by this logic, just saying "Supported" or "I support this" should also be considered rude. If it's not rude to simply reply "Supported," then it should not be considered rude to simply say "Not supported." Both people have put in the exact amount of time to convey their feelings on the subject; just because one is dissenting against the OP's opinion does not change this fact. Maybe this could be different if there was an actual voting system built into the suggestions forum, but in the meantime that's really the only way people can "vote" on a particular suggestion.
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
It is completely understandable to have people support or not support some suggestions as valid criticism and discussion are INCREDIBLY important.

However, I have seen some suggestions get harsh replies or no support from people who specifically don't want to support it because: a) they are not affected by a problem so they don't care despite the fact that the implementation would be helpful to many b) because of personal opinions (and opinions have no place in suggestion forums) c) because they refuse to consider someone else's experiences d) various other unhelpful reasons

One of the funniest things I've seen was, when I suggested some minor apparel releases and other items like vistas, people dissed the suggestion, but then the Staff implemented it. :wheeze: They've implemented my suggestions numerous times. Long story short, some peeps saw my suggestion and treated it like a demand instead of a suggestion, said that it's "too much work" despite the fact that I've done some calculating and thinking and that it would turn out to be less work for the Staff than releasing big apparel sets. It was a specific moment in the Flight Rising timeline and it was hilarious to observe that people thought players suggesting something meant overworking the Staff and...you know...giving them ideas for their occupation? Like...the Staff are constantly developing the site since that's their job? Literally no one here said "overwork the Staff", I just gave them ideas on how and when to release some themed apparel items HAHAHAHA
"Hey, we'd like a new apparel set-"
"You're trying to overwork the Staff."
"What." (comical interpretation)

I've seen people say "no support, we don't need more apparel sets" because they themselves don't use apparel. That's like saying there's no need for meds because they don't use/need meds. And yet, the Apparel Suggestion thread has a new suggestion almost every single day, sometimes numerous times in one day, and I've compiled around 100 different possible sets/individual apparel items that could be implemented.

TL;DR it's great when people have a discussion and point out pros and cons, but some "no supports" really provide nothing of value.
It is completely understandable to have people support or not support some suggestions as valid criticism and discussion are INCREDIBLY important.

However, I have seen some suggestions get harsh replies or no support from people who specifically don't want to support it because: a) they are not affected by a problem so they don't care despite the fact that the implementation would be helpful to many b) because of personal opinions (and opinions have no place in suggestion forums) c) because they refuse to consider someone else's experiences d) various other unhelpful reasons

One of the funniest things I've seen was, when I suggested some minor apparel releases and other items like vistas, people dissed the suggestion, but then the Staff implemented it. :wheeze: They've implemented my suggestions numerous times. Long story short, some peeps saw my suggestion and treated it like a demand instead of a suggestion, said that it's "too much work" despite the fact that I've done some calculating and thinking and that it would turn out to be less work for the Staff than releasing big apparel sets. It was a specific moment in the Flight Rising timeline and it was hilarious to observe that people thought players suggesting something meant overworking the Staff and...you know...giving them ideas for their occupation? Like...the Staff are constantly developing the site since that's their job? Literally no one here said "overwork the Staff", I just gave them ideas on how and when to release some themed apparel items HAHAHAHA
"Hey, we'd like a new apparel set-"
"You're trying to overwork the Staff."
"What." (comical interpretation)

I've seen people say "no support, we don't need more apparel sets" because they themselves don't use apparel. That's like saying there's no need for meds because they don't use/need meds. And yet, the Apparel Suggestion thread has a new suggestion almost every single day, sometimes numerous times in one day, and I've compiled around 100 different possible sets/individual apparel items that could be implemented.

TL;DR it's great when people have a discussion and point out pros and cons, but some "no supports" really provide nothing of value.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I see it as kind of a "tl;dr" or a title more than anything.

Some people are more interested in why someone would support a concept, while others maybe be more interested in the 'no support' arguments and will read the post accordingly
I see it as kind of a "tl;dr" or a title more than anything.

Some people are more interested in why someone would support a concept, while others maybe be more interested in the 'no support' arguments and will read the post accordingly
BuDq0ZK.gif
No. That is how it works in the Suggestion forum side. "Support." or "No support." and an explanation why do they think it is a good idea or it is not a good idea.
No. That is how it works in the Suggestion forum side. "Support." or "No support." and an explanation why do they think it is a good idea or it is not a good idea.
1 2 3 4