Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "New" dragons be like
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Wait… but what about the frill things on tundras heads, and the huge eyebrows!
Wait… but what about the frill things on tundras heads, and the huge eyebrows!
2uq3ZkE.png
[quote name="seaofspace" date="2021-06-15 04:52:04" ] Tundra art update? OwO [/quote] That's what I'm hoping for! And if it's the case, I want to see more of a belly on them. Herbivores need a lot of space in there to digest plant material.
seaofspace wrote on 2021-06-15 04:52:04:
Tundra art update? OwO

That's what I'm hoping for! And if it's the case, I want to see more of a belly on them. Herbivores need a lot of space in there to digest plant material.
gFvy9jg.png JI7OqcB.png gFvy9jg.png
Elaine
she/her
queer
FR+3
ping me!
lKSY9Uw.png gFvy9jg.png
[quote name="MidnightWatcher" date="2021-06-15 06:51:22" ] Are they really statues of the new breed though? While possible, its also possible that this is what became of some of the dragons that disappeared during that one dig. It might also be a case where this is a insect-like state, where they have a rock cocoon that will break out into a new breed. Though thats just me trying to fanfic things a bit. Still I quite like those rocky statue designs. they're cool! [/quote] agreed!! even though i love tundras, i still feel the statues aren't of the new breed. i feel they're dragons who were turned into stone [i]by[/i] the new breed
MidnightWatcher wrote on 2021-06-15 06:51:22:
Are they really statues of the new breed though? While possible, its also possible that this is what became of some of the dragons that disappeared during that one dig. It might also be a case where this is a insect-like state, where they have a rock cocoon that will break out into a new breed. Though thats just me trying to fanfic things a bit.

Still I quite like those rocky statue designs. they're cool!
agreed!! even though i love tundras, i still feel the statues aren't of the new breed. i feel they're dragons who were turned into stone by the new breed
I'd love Tundras so much if not for their face

I love their body shape and fluff
I'd love Tundras so much if not for their face

I love their body shape and fluff
they look like manticores to me
they look like manticores to me
elliot/wyrm
they/them or he/she
I’m hoping for her drag but it really looks like tundras
I’m hoping for her drag but it really looks like tundras
wC5zS4I.pngobe1.pngcoatl-1.pngImp.pngSpiral.pngVZZZG9B.png
I love how the Staff are just continuously teasing us and watching us scream and skitter about in panic
I love how the Staff are just continuously teasing us and watching us scream and skitter about in panic
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[s]TUNDRA... TWO![/s] no wait :thinking: TUNDRA... THREE!! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/490677654933209098/854455881425223710/TWO.gif[/img]
TUNDRA... TWO!

no wait :thinking:

TUNDRA... THREE!!

TWO.gif
[quote name="parasites" date="2021-06-15 09:06:50" ] [quote name="MidnightWatcher" date="2021-06-15 06:51:22" ] Are they really statues of the new breed though? While possible, its also possible that this is what became of some of the dragons that disappeared during that one dig. It might also be a case where this is a insect-like state, where they have a rock cocoon that will break out into a new breed. Though thats just me trying to fanfic things a bit. Still I quite like those rocky statue designs. they're cool! [/quote] agreed!! even though i love tundras, i still feel the statues aren't of the new breed. i feel they're dragons who were turned into stone [i]by[/i] the new breed [/quote] OOOH I really like that idea! Very cool ;)
parasites wrote on 2021-06-15 09:06:50:
MidnightWatcher wrote on 2021-06-15 06:51:22:
Are they really statues of the new breed though? While possible, its also possible that this is what became of some of the dragons that disappeared during that one dig. It might also be a case where this is a insect-like state, where they have a rock cocoon that will break out into a new breed. Though thats just me trying to fanfic things a bit.

Still I quite like those rocky statue designs. they're cool!
agreed!! even though i love tundras, i still feel the statues aren't of the new breed. i feel they're dragons who were turned into stone by the new breed
OOOH I really like that idea! Very cool ;)
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
I had more time to think on it, and basically i'm leaning to a few ideas: A) the statues are not the new breed, yet. They are the dragons that disappeared during the previous events, and where turned to stone by some reason. This is something that can happen, as the basilisk familiar states its powerful enough to turn a dragon into stone. Even a earth dragon! [center] [item= Basilisk][/center] However, it could be a case of the Earthshaker, or one of his early creations, transforming some dragons into another breed. Something that needs to exist, because things are happening and they are needed. Basically a 'This is what they once where, and they might be changing slowly, similar to Baldwin'. B) Its a new breed based on mimicry. At certain times they are 'alive', and at other times they are no different then stone statues, imitating more common and plentiful dragon breeds as to keep themselves hidden. C) The statues are just dragons that were transformed, by some individual, for a unknown reason. Most likely, only tundras are shown because the image is fairly small, and that made it easier to show the great number of statues. However, if it was intentional, then that does have a few other possibilities. Tundras and ridgebacks are the only dragon breeds that live in burrows. (though i think a few others like Spirals can as well), so the statues could have been a tundra family that got into trouble by whatever was laying in wait underground.
I had more time to think on it, and basically i'm leaning to a few ideas:

A) the statues are not the new breed, yet. They are the dragons that disappeared during the previous events, and where turned to stone by some reason. This is something that can happen, as the basilisk familiar states its powerful enough to turn a dragon into stone. Even a earth dragon!
Basilisk

However, it could be a case of the Earthshaker, or one of his early creations, transforming some dragons into another breed. Something that needs to exist, because things are happening and they are needed. Basically a 'This is what they once where, and they might be changing slowly, similar to Baldwin'.

B) Its a new breed based on mimicry. At certain times they are 'alive', and at other times they are no different then stone statues, imitating more common and plentiful dragon breeds as to keep themselves hidden.

C) The statues are just dragons that were transformed, by some individual, for a unknown reason. Most likely, only tundras are shown because the image is fairly small, and that made it easier to show the great number of statues. However, if it was intentional, then that does have a few other possibilities. Tundras and ridgebacks are the only dragon breeds that live in burrows. (though i think a few others like Spirals can as well), so the statues could have been a tundra family that got into trouble by whatever was laying in wait underground.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14