Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Emperor Dolls
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
So we know that Plague dragons will craft dolls from dragon hide, based on this tooltip. [item=rotting plaguebringer effigy] And the new(ish) Luminax plushie item introduces the very cute concept of emperor dolls. [item=luminax plushie] Which raises the question… just how intact do imperial bodies have to be to become an emperor? Would a doll stitched from more than one imperial’s skin be enough? Please consider: [LIST] [*]Sometimes they get made by accident, the product of ignorance or just poor leather sourcing. After some initial panic, it doesn’t take much to figure out that the tiny dragon doll can’t actually hurt anyone. [*]That doesn’t keep them from trying to attack people. But a stuffed toy trying to swipe at you with nonexistent claws feels more like a hug than anything else. [*]More rarely, doll-emperors are made deliberately. These tend to be designed after regular emperors and serve purposes from collector’s oddity to companion for hatchlings. [*]Some Plague dragons reject the dolls as technically undead, but the stance of most is that the dolls are just a tool like any other. And making full use of all available resources is highly valued in Plague. [*]Scholarly-minded dragons will pay a premium for emperor dolls. The hope is that the harmless creatures will allow them to research the magic that creates emperors without the dangers of studying their larger cousins. [*]They have some security uses as well. Plague-flight leatherworkers are often more skilled in tailoring than combat, but once would-be thieves see one of their dolls move, they tend to turn tail and run. [/LIST] Bonus: my own undead plaguebringer effigy; the local scholar’s guild didn’t know what to do with it and eventually just made it their unofficial mascot. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64515731][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/645158/64515731_350.png[/img][/url]
So we know that Plague dragons will craft dolls from dragon hide, based on this tooltip.
Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy
And the new(ish) Luminax plushie item introduces the very cute concept of emperor dolls.
Luminax Plushie
Which raises the question… just how intact do imperial bodies have to be to become an emperor? Would a doll stitched from more than one imperial’s skin be enough? Please consider:
  • Sometimes they get made by accident, the product of ignorance or just poor leather sourcing. After some initial panic, it doesn’t take much to figure out that the tiny dragon doll can’t actually hurt anyone.
  • That doesn’t keep them from trying to attack people. But a stuffed toy trying to swipe at you with nonexistent claws feels more like a hug than anything else.
  • More rarely, doll-emperors are made deliberately. These tend to be designed after regular emperors and serve purposes from collector’s oddity to companion for hatchlings.
  • Some Plague dragons reject the dolls as technically undead, but the stance of most is that the dolls are just a tool like any other. And making full use of all available resources is highly valued in Plague.
  • Scholarly-minded dragons will pay a premium for emperor dolls. The hope is that the harmless creatures will allow them to research the magic that creates emperors without the dangers of studying their larger cousins.
  • They have some security uses as well. Plague-flight leatherworkers are often more skilled in tailoring than combat, but once would-be thieves see one of their dolls move, they tend to turn tail and run.

Bonus: my own undead plaguebringer effigy; the local scholar’s guild didn’t know what to do with it and eventually just made it their unofficial mascot.
64515731_350.png
Lore Hatchery

Clan Lore
8qVENyl.png
Well... now I have an excuse for why my “doll” Lara is sort of “alive”.
I approve.
Well... now I have an excuse for why my “doll” Lara is sort of “alive”.
I approve.
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
I think the Imperials body would have to be mostly intact, since before BotE you needed at least four dead Imperials to make an Emperor, otherwise it would lack the 'juice' required to actually animate. So that is rather an indication that the thing needs some kind of inherent large amount of energy from their bodies, granted from Lightweaver with their cursed creation, for them to form.

I think the Imperials body would have to be mostly intact, since before BotE you needed at least four dead Imperials to make an Emperor, otherwise it would lack the 'juice' required to actually animate. So that is rather an indication that the thing needs some kind of inherent large amount of energy from their bodies, granted from Lightweaver with their cursed creation, for them to form.

4QFtgPW.png
You just need to add a little ooze is all:
“A perplexing globule of vibrating red ooze. If left unattended, it may pick itself up and slink away.”
You just need to add a little ooze is all:
“A perplexing globule of vibrating red ooze. If left unattended, it may pick itself up and slink away.”
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
Thats adorable and I'll take 10 please.
Thats adorable and I'll take 10 please.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
...I need one in my clan yesterday.
60787410.png 57806280.png
I am in love with this idea.
I am in love with this idea.
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
[quote name="Firra" date="2021-05-08 13:01:35" ] ...I need one in my clan yesterday. [/quote]
Firra wrote on 2021-05-08 13:01:35:

They come with a warning tag. (not an emperor, but inspired by the whole Plague dolls made from dragon leather thing) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67304901][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673050/67304901_350.png[/img][/url]
They come with a warning tag.

(not an emperor, but inspired by the whole Plague dolls made from dragon leather thing)

67304901_350.png
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
well thanks, I just impulse bought a soon to be emperor doll
well thanks, I just impulse bought a soon to be emperor doll
6mMEIZV.png

| Akeovelora

| he/they.

"With so much at stake, and so many eyes upon him, he feels it necessary to stay strong and to silently bear any burden."
akeovelora.gif

6mMEIZV.png
76125719p.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page