Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wing Wraps Make No Sense
1 2
[item=white linen wing wraps][item=leather wing wraps][item=navy wing wraps] These things? They make no sense whatsoever to me. How are they attached? How do they wrap around the wings and just [i]go through[/i] the membrane? I don't [i]understand [/i]them! And I use them anyway!
White Linen Wing Wraps Leather Wing Wraps Navy Wing Wraps
These things? They make no sense whatsoever to me.
How are they attached? How do they wrap around the wings and just go through the membrane? I don't understand them! And I use them anyway!
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
I've noticed this too and it's???
I've noticed this too and it's???
3UUXp8G.png
That's fashion for ya!

That's fashion for ya!

CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
well this is what happened last time this was brought up... [item=Black Satin Tunic] look at in on, say a male imp lol I either ignore it or think maybe magnets? or something
well this is what happened last time this was brought up...
Black Satin Tunic
look at in on, say a male imp
lol I either ignore it or think maybe magnets? or something
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
I choose to think of the apparel as less, like, a literal image of what the dragon is actually wearing, and more of a human-friendly representation of the clothing. Because as humans, our ideas of clothes just... don't work on dragon anatomy, but inventing dragon clothes that also look good to humans would be nigh impossible. So we get awkward human clothes and things on dragon bodies, because that's honestly our best option.

But yeah, wing wraps are... odd. That's where *magic* comes in.
I choose to think of the apparel as less, like, a literal image of what the dragon is actually wearing, and more of a human-friendly representation of the clothing. Because as humans, our ideas of clothes just... don't work on dragon anatomy, but inventing dragon clothes that also look good to humans would be nigh impossible. So we get awkward human clothes and things on dragon bodies, because that's honestly our best option.

But yeah, wing wraps are... odd. That's where *magic* comes in.
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png
who needs logic tbh
who needs logic tbh
Slap bracelets, but not all the way around.
Or piercings.
Slap bracelets, but not all the way around.
Or piercings.
I know right, wing wraps are... disturbing. A well as the wing pieces of the snow apparel a_a
I know right, wing wraps are... disturbing. A well as the wing pieces of the snow apparel a_a
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Shhhh don't question it or we will go back to when we got apparel that made more sense but god looked not. Great aesthetic wise. Someone already showed the tunics.

Consensus basically is that questionable apparel is worn via either magic or glue. Could be magical glue.
The other alternative is cutting through the flesh and membrane. As you can see, magical glue is the better option.
Shhhh don't question it or we will go back to when we got apparel that made more sense but god looked not. Great aesthetic wise. Someone already showed the tunics.

Consensus basically is that questionable apparel is worn via either magic or glue. Could be magical glue.
The other alternative is cutting through the flesh and membrane. As you can see, magical glue is the better option.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
the 'wrap' part is a lie. they're all essentially just big band-aids.

if you remove wing wrap apparel from your dragon there's a 5% chance it leaves a bit of glue behind.
the 'wrap' part is a lie. they're all essentially just big band-aids.

if you remove wing wrap apparel from your dragon there's a 5% chance it leaves a bit of glue behind.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
1 2