Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Children's Literature in Sorneith
1 2 3 4
I like to think that most Sornieth Children Literature are pretty have the tone of Grimm's fairytales, being dark and downright messed at times while still keeping the moral and/or happily ever after they'll eventually end with. There's got to be a lot concerning the deities and Beastclans, the Beastclans being the bad guys of the stories while the deities being portrayed as divine beasts they are.
I like to think that most Sornieth Children Literature are pretty have the tone of Grimm's fairytales, being dark and downright messed at times while still keeping the moral and/or happily ever after they'll eventually end with. There's got to be a lot concerning the deities and Beastclans, the Beastclans being the bad guys of the stories while the deities being portrayed as divine beasts they are.
Yes, older children's lit can be very dark. I was traumatized as a child by The Red Shoes, but it's funny to look back on it now and see that the main character is a Karen :)
Yes, older children's lit can be very dark. I was traumatized as a child by The Red Shoes, but it's funny to look back on it now and see that the main character is a Karen :)
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-01-25 09:07:43" ] So, while I was coming up with lore for my girl Ukhai, who is a children's book author who wrote the ever-popular and ever-horrifying [i]Fear Frog and Terror Toad are Comrades[/i] [/quote] Oh that's just perfect!
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-01-25 09:07:43:
So, while I was coming up with lore for my girl Ukhai, who is a children's book author who wrote the ever-popular and ever-horrifying Fear Frog and Terror Toad are Comrades

Oh that's just perfect!
Dragons dragons dragons.
@Sunflight Thank you! Fear Frog and Terror Toad are Comrades is about two generals (Fear Frog and Terror Toad, respectively) and is just a souped-up, grimdark version of Frog and Toad are Friends with more violence, explosions, military jargon, and eldritch horror. Y'know, for kids!
@Sunflight Thank you! Fear Frog and Terror Toad are Comrades is about two generals (Fear Frog and Terror Toad, respectively) and is just a souped-up, grimdark version of Frog and Toad are Friends with more violence, explosions, military jargon, and eldritch horror. Y'know, for kids!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
The Tangled Wood reigns supreme when it comes to churning out horrifying children's literature and fairytales. Some of it isn't even purposefully scary.
The Tangled Wood reigns supreme when it comes to churning out horrifying children's literature and fairytales. Some of it isn't even purposefully scary.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
Oh, I have a hatchlings' book author too!

...hers are just nicer fairytales, though. She didn't have a great childhood, teaching hatchlings to be pessimistic and violent in a world that's already keen to tell them isn't the way to go for her.
Oh, I have a hatchlings' book author too!

...hers are just nicer fairytales, though. She didn't have a great childhood, teaching hatchlings to be pessimistic and violent in a world that's already keen to tell them isn't the way to go for her.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books are probably really popular in Wind.
Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books are probably really popular in Wind.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
Scratch-and-sniff books for little Tundras, those books with shrink-wrapped toys and jewelry for Guardians, matching the Charge that the protagonist of their story found. Bedtime books for overactive Spirals, and coin-collecting books or the equivalent for baby Snappers always traveling with their parents.
Scratch-and-sniff books for little Tundras, those books with shrink-wrapped toys and jewelry for Guardians, matching the Charge that the protagonist of their story found. Bedtime books for overactive Spirals, and coin-collecting books or the equivalent for baby Snappers always traveling with their parents.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-01-25 17:15:31" ] Scratch-and-sniff books for little Tundras, those books with shrink-wrapped toys and jewelry for Guardians, matching the Charge that the protagonist of their story found. Bedtime books for overactive Spirals, and coin-collecting books or the equivalent for baby Snappers always traveling with their parents. [/quote] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/1b/0b/de1b0b5ce23f362ca262afce55ed8854.jpg[/img] This is so cute it's physically painful. The Scratch-and-sniff books are my favorite.
Drakessis wrote on 2021-01-25 17:15:31:

de1b0b5ce23f362ca262afce55ed8854.jpg

This is so cute it's physically painful. The Scratch-and-sniff books are my favorite.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
Mirrors and Snappers with little pocket or chapbooks that can be attached to a belt or necklace so they can be carried while its owner is moving with their parents. Nocturnes copying the behaviors of their favorite characters or of whoever's reading them stories at bedtime.
Mirrors and Snappers with little pocket or chapbooks that can be attached to a belt or necklace so they can be carried while its owner is moving with their parents. Nocturnes copying the behaviors of their favorite characters or of whoever's reading them stories at bedtime.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
1 2 3 4