Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nature ancient? (queue foreshadowing)
1 2 3 4
I'd most like to see a nature t-rex to go with the raptor wildclaws we already got. Something BIG and CHONKY that goes HONK-

But I admit, the idea of a cute buttersnake I can put accents on is kinda giving me life. One with a whole bunch of flower genes.
I'd most like to see a nature t-rex to go with the raptor wildclaws we already got. Something BIG and CHONKY that goes HONK-

But I admit, the idea of a cute buttersnake I can put accents on is kinda giving me life. One with a whole bunch of flower genes.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
If Nature's ancient was snake-like with no legs, I might just be one of the few (?) people unhappy with it.

Like, Ice's ancient has Blossom, Shadow's ancient has Branches. I need the Nature ancient to be that but on steroids and I just can't see that and snakes going together. Though I do really like the flora cats, so maybe there would be hope.

At the end of the day, call me boring and stereotypical if you must, but I do love me some tree dragons and, if the Nature ancient doesn't deliver, I'll be very disappointed :(.
If Nature's ancient was snake-like with no legs, I might just be one of the few (?) people unhappy with it.

Like, Ice's ancient has Blossom, Shadow's ancient has Branches. I need the Nature ancient to be that but on steroids and I just can't see that and snakes going together. Though I do really like the flora cats, so maybe there would be hope.

At the end of the day, call me boring and stereotypical if you must, but I do love me some tree dragons and, if the Nature ancient doesn't deliver, I'll be very disappointed :(.
H5wuRUy.png
From my rotting body,
flowers shall grow
and I am in them,
and that is eternity.
- Edvard Munch
Bioluminescent
I’d like a deer like ancient From nature....
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
What about a snake-like nature ancient that sprung from the first seed? Roots and branches are long and thin, just like snakes.
What about a snake-like nature ancient that sprung from the first seed? Roots and branches are long and thin, just like snakes.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
Something like this one would be cool [img]https://i.imgur.com/30sa53L.png[/img]
Something like this one would be cool
30sa53L.png
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-01-22 23:02:03" ] I figured the shrine was made by the Serthis, since they are sneeple and also live in Nature. BUT.... god would I love a snake like ancient. That would be very cool. Cause it being an ancient does mean it can have no legs. [/quote] Also thought it was by the Serthis, though in that regard (because they're largely poisoners) they do also live right around Rotrock Rim as well and the shrine itself is described in the announcement post as being for "alchemists who have learned of the wonders of the serpent shrine's poisons and alchemy have endeavoured to recreate it." I feel like a snake / serpent ancient would suit Plague rather well though in my opinion--the ancients seem to resemble their patron deity a decent amount, so unless they went with a snake as representative of Gladekeeper's roots, I can't see that being that flight's ancient :'3 Admittedly, Nature's ancient is the one I'm anticipating the most aside from Lightning, so whatever they do for it, I hope it's [i]good[/i]. Edit: Also we have Coatls, which are kinda like feathered snakes xD
Recallback wrote on 2021-01-22 23:02:03:
I figured the shrine was made by the Serthis, since they are sneeple and also live in Nature. BUT.... god would I love a snake like ancient. That would be very cool. Cause it being an ancient does mean it can have no legs.
Also thought it was by the Serthis, though in that regard (because they're largely poisoners) they do also live right around Rotrock Rim as well and the shrine itself is described in the announcement post as being for "alchemists who have learned of the wonders of the serpent shrine's poisons and alchemy have endeavoured to recreate it."

I feel like a snake / serpent ancient would suit Plague rather well though in my opinion--the ancients seem to resemble their patron deity a decent amount, so unless they went with a snake as representative of Gladekeeper's roots, I can't see that being that flight's ancient :'3
Admittedly, Nature's ancient is the one I'm anticipating the most aside from Lightning, so whatever they do for it, I hope it's good.

Edit:
Also we have Coatls, which are kinda like feathered snakes xD
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[quote name="Dabble" date="2021-01-23 13:27:59" ] Something like this one would be cool [img]https://i.imgur.com/30sa53L.png[/img] [/quote] I approve
Dabble wrote on 2021-01-23 13:27:59:
Something like this one would be cool
30sa53L.png
I approve
La96jc2.png »"This is a textbook example of my emotions.."

» Timezone | PST
» She/her preferred, but any is fine.

ThbB3gI.png
[quote name="Kudu" date="2021-01-23 04:19:38" ] Honestly, an amphithere with leafy wings? Perfection. [/quote] [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/032/989/Whomst_Has_Awakened_The_Anicent_One_Template.jpg[/img] I'm here for leafy amphithere, leafy-cobra hood, even two-headed caduceus snake ancient. [size=2] [s]give'th snake dragon[/s][/size]
Kudu wrote on 2021-01-23 04:19:38:
Honestly, an amphithere with leafy wings? Perfection.
Whomst_Has_Awakened_The_Anicent_One_Template.jpg

I'm here for leafy amphithere, leafy-cobra hood, even two-headed caduceus snake ancient.

give'th snake dragon
XtPnxm4.png achievement.png FObX7rS.png
we-will-buy-all-your-salt.png
I'm in my opinion, no matter what it is, it needs to really look properly gnarly and grown over, like an ancient tree in dragon form.
I'm in my opinion, no matter what it is, it needs to really look properly gnarly and grown over, like an ancient tree in dragon form.
naturef2.png
[quote name="Dewberry" date="2021-01-23 10:58:29" ] At the end of the day, call me boring and stereotypical if you must, but I do love me some tree dragons and, if the Nature ancient doesn't deliver, I'll be very disappointed :(. [/quote] @Dewberry Compromise - Strangler Ancient lol Just take this [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/597.png[/img] but maybe a bit more wooden-looking in the body like these ones [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/31190.png[/img] and boom! Tree-snake-ancient! One of the tert genes could give it flower petals (not the same as Blossom) and thorns, like this guy [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/23874.png[/img] Darn, I want this now. Snake-plant ancient! I'm picturing a forest floor of what you think is writhing roots, and suddenly a face is staring at you from the mass.
Dewberry wrote on 2021-01-23 10:58:29:

@Dewberry Compromise - Strangler Ancient lol

Just take this 597.png but maybe a bit more wooden-looking in the body like these ones 31190.png and boom! Tree-snake-ancient!

One of the tert genes could give it flower petals (not the same as Blossom) and thorns, like this guy 23874.png

Darn, I want this now. Snake-plant ancient! I'm picturing a forest floor of what you think is writhing roots, and suddenly a face is staring at you from the mass.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4