Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rare Colour Dragons opinions
1 2 3 4
They're alright, it's not something I generally think about unless I run across a topic talking about them. I'm more interested in colors that work for what I want rather than rarity. I don't put much stock in the idea, as a rare color combo is just a breeding pair away from becoming just as common as anything else.
They're alright, it's not something I generally think about unless I run across a topic talking about them. I'm more interested in colors that work for what I want rather than rarity. I don't put much stock in the idea, as a rare color combo is just a breeding pair away from becoming just as common as anything else.
ZVpCPil.png
they're pretty cool! i'm just more hesitant to work them though, on account of the fact it's a lot harder to find suitable apparel
they're pretty cool! i'm just more hesitant to work them though, on account of the fact it's a lot harder to find suitable apparel
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
[quote name="Autopsy" date="2020-10-23 06:14:25" ] g1s have entered the chat [/quote] yeah,, you get what you get and you dont get upset. unless youre REALLY upset and got the money to dump on scatterscrolls but i do have one breeding project going on for a sand/clay/cream ,, i just dont understand how yall have the patience for it
Autopsy wrote on 2020-10-23 06:14:25:
g1s have entered the chat
yeah,, you get what you get and you dont get upset.
unless youre REALLY upset and got the money to dump on scatterscrolls

but i do have one breeding project going on for a sand/clay/cream ,, i just dont understand how yall have the patience for it

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
[quote name="Autopsy" date="2020-10-23 06:14:25" ] g1s have entered the chat [/quote] Basically, lol. Although personally, as a g1 collector I prize "can I make this dragon look good" over "is this dragon unique", so in the end I only have one unique dragon (used to have two, but he developed a clone) The sad truth is, an awful lot of unique combos just don't look good. Looks are subjective, mind, but if you have, say, a sunshine/murk/sky - sure it might be unique but what do you [i]do[/i] with it haha. People will value prettiness over rarity in many cases, and while prettiness is subjective, there's a lot of combos out there that are just hopeless.
Autopsy wrote on 2020-10-23 06:14:25:
g1s have entered the chat
Basically, lol.

Although personally, as a g1 collector I prize "can I make this dragon look good" over "is this dragon unique", so in the end I only have one unique dragon (used to have two, but he developed a clone)

The sad truth is, an awful lot of unique combos just don't look good. Looks are subjective, mind, but if you have, say, a sunshine/murk/sky - sure it might be unique but what do you do with it haha. People will value prettiness over rarity in many cases, and while prettiness is subjective, there's a lot of combos out there that are just hopeless.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
Talk about yourselves, i live and breathe for non g1 rare color combos, collecting them is more thrilling and gives me more satisfaction than g1s could ever offer.
Talk about yourselves, i live and breathe for non g1 rare color combos, collecting them is more thrilling and gives me more satisfaction than g1s could ever offer.
97vOhSz.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2020-10-23 06:17:45" ] We don't really care. With the amount of possible colour combos a lot of colours end up being rare and the nature of the game means that they'll all end up less rare eventually. What matters to us is that we like how the dragon looks, it doesn't matter how many similar ones exist. [/quote] I agree :) I have not checked a single of my dragons color rarity
Lonin wrote on 2020-10-23 06:17:45:
We don't really care. With the amount of possible colour combos a lot of colours end up being rare and the nature of the game means that they'll all end up less rare eventually. What matters to us is that we like how the dragon looks, it doesn't matter how many similar ones exist.
I agree :)
I have not checked a single of my dragons color rarity
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I love dragons with rare colors. Like, way too much. I generally lose interest in dragons if there are more than 20 other ones with the same color combination. There's no real demand for them, and they're an utter pain to breed, but... I need them. Other people chase after g1s and XXXs, but I'm just sitting here happily with my g2,817 Terracotta/Blackberry/Obsidian.
I love dragons with rare colors. Like, way too much. I generally lose interest in dragons if there are more than 20 other ones with the same color combination. There's no real demand for them, and they're an utter pain to breed, but... I need them. Other people chase after g1s and XXXs, but I'm just sitting here happily with my g2,817 Terracotta/Blackberry/Obsidian.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
I have about three or four dragons with rare colour combos, and while one of them is a bit surprising (I would've thought that there would be more than one violet/avocado/yellow?) the others are...understandable. I have one who's the only active dragon with her colours, and she's a primal, which theoretically would make her super valuable...but her colours needed a LOT of work. Strawberry/Platinum/Pear is not an easy combo to make look pretty, and I ended up just sticking a skin on her anyway.

TL;DR: there's a reason some colour combos are rare.
I have about three or four dragons with rare colour combos, and while one of them is a bit surprising (I would've thought that there would be more than one violet/avocado/yellow?) the others are...understandable. I have one who's the only active dragon with her colours, and she's a primal, which theoretically would make her super valuable...but her colours needed a LOT of work. Strawberry/Platinum/Pear is not an easy combo to make look pretty, and I ended up just sticking a skin on her anyway.

TL;DR: there's a reason some colour combos are rare.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
They're neat, but it's one of those things about a dragon that could change at any time, entirely out of your control, unlike an ID or colors or eyes (colors and eyes can change, but only if the owner wants to spend money to make that happen). It's a fun little side-note but it's definitely not worth spending actual money unless you like the dragon for other reasons, because this time tomorrow someone could start breeding it like there's no tomorrow, or someone could hatch or scatter a G1 into it, etc. If that's the only thing you liked about the dragon and spent money on, where would you be? You have to like the dragon for other reasons as well. So basically, not worth spending extra on, but a nifty little extra while it lasts. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
They're neat, but it's one of those things about a dragon that could change at any time, entirely out of your control, unlike an ID or colors or eyes (colors and eyes can change, but only if the owner wants to spend money to make that happen). It's a fun little side-note but it's definitely not worth spending actual money unless you like the dragon for other reasons, because this time tomorrow someone could start breeding it like there's no tomorrow, or someone could hatch or scatter a G1 into it, etc. If that's the only thing you liked about the dragon and spent money on, where would you be? You have to like the dragon for other reasons as well.

So basically, not worth spending extra on, but a nifty little extra while it lasts.
Rare colors are definitely neat but they have to be for people who actually want them. I do think it's kind of cool to have the only one, at least for a while. I'm not super big on g1's myself so I spend a lot of time breeding & regeneing rare colors, but only because the scrying workshop cursed me.

I end up forced after rare colors because of my breeding projects, like right now I have 2 dragons that are tan/teal/cream, one the project purpose and the other an extra. They're the only two unexalted dergs on site with those colors, with one who's long exalted. (And it is actually one of the nicer rare color combos if i do say so myself)

Rare colors are definitely neat but they have to be for people who actually want them. I do think it's kind of cool to have the only one, at least for a while. I'm not super big on g1's myself so I spend a lot of time breeding & regeneing rare colors, but only because the scrying workshop cursed me.

I end up forced after rare colors because of my breeding projects, like right now I have 2 dragons that are tan/teal/cream, one the project purpose and the other an extra. They're the only two unexalted dergs on site with those colors, with one who's long exalted. (And it is actually one of the nicer rare color combos if i do say so myself)

LRdLP2V.pngG8AyR6r.png6Ef6hwD.pngaC86tUH.png
kHBaXec.pngmmoRz30.pngdjVsGUf.pngMOCTGj3.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4