Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Help a veteran player regain interest?
1 2
Very understandable.

I personally come and go a lot as I have time and interest, but something that really helps me to maintain interest is to get invested in either a certain project or dragon.

Find a dragon you like! It can be any dragon! Is a first gen dragon? Is it just a really neat dragon you found cheap on the AH? Scoop that baby up, give em a cool, fun name, and then let yourself get attached. That was what hooked me initially!

The community is also an absolutely wonderful place to be. There are so may kind people with fun interests and the forums are generally a very laid back place. Chat with people!

And hey, Nuzlockes are fun!!! Maybe do another one if you really liked it? Write lore for it? Good luck! I hope you find your niche and are able to come back as you'd like :D
Very understandable.

I personally come and go a lot as I have time and interest, but something that really helps me to maintain interest is to get invested in either a certain project or dragon.

Find a dragon you like! It can be any dragon! Is a first gen dragon? Is it just a really neat dragon you found cheap on the AH? Scoop that baby up, give em a cool, fun name, and then let yourself get attached. That was what hooked me initially!

The community is also an absolutely wonderful place to be. There are so may kind people with fun interests and the forums are generally a very laid back place. Chat with people!

And hey, Nuzlockes are fun!!! Maybe do another one if you really liked it? Write lore for it? Good luck! I hope you find your niche and are able to come back as you'd like :D
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

I joined in 2014 and am feeling similar feels.

I like to do different coli challenges to keep things interesting, but I've run out as of late. Try a scavenger hunt or 10 drop or long drop?
I joined in 2014 and am feeling similar feels.

I like to do different coli challenges to keep things interesting, but I've run out as of late. Try a scavenger hunt or 10 drop or long drop?
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
I went on hiatus for a few months this year, although really I lost interest in 2019 and was less and less involved till my hiatus. What helped me was a flight change and I started doing a Pinkerlocke (with modified rules, which folks can see here). The Pinkerlocke helps to keep me motivated to sign in every day. I'm still not back to where my enthusiasm used to be before I burned out in 2019, but my priorities on the site have also changed (I don't do dom anymore). But, even though I'm a bit more casual I've started having fun again, and that's what counts, I guess.

Good luck with regaining interest in FR!
I went on hiatus for a few months this year, although really I lost interest in 2019 and was less and less involved till my hiatus. What helped me was a flight change and I started doing a Pinkerlocke (with modified rules, which folks can see here). The Pinkerlocke helps to keep me motivated to sign in every day. I'm still not back to where my enthusiasm used to be before I burned out in 2019, but my priorities on the site have also changed (I don't do dom anymore). But, even though I'm a bit more casual I've started having fun again, and that's what counts, I guess.

Good luck with regaining interest in FR!
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I went on hiatus very soon after I joined, came back after two years and disappeared again after a good few months.

Then, nearly a year ago now, I came back. I changed flights and joined a FR-oriented Discord, and that has kept my interest in FR coasting along swimmingly.

My advice is to definitely get involved with the community. I find this game the most fun when I can share my dumb mistakes with friends and giftbomb them into oblivion.
I went on hiatus very soon after I joined, came back after two years and disappeared again after a good few months.

Then, nearly a year ago now, I came back. I changed flights and joined a FR-oriented Discord, and that has kept my interest in FR coasting along swimmingly.

My advice is to definitely get involved with the community. I find this game the most fun when I can share my dumb mistakes with friends and giftbomb them into oblivion.
I vaguely recall your username, so hello again and welcome back. :)
I vaguely recall your username, so hello again and welcome back. :)
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
Don't force yourself? But you don't have to go on a permanent break. I've just gone low effort and I have more energy for it now. I make sure to gather and nest everyday, but aside from that?

I disconnected from the community and just focused on my dragons and that has improved my experience immensely. I'm still not quite active, but I stopped forcing myself to do things I didn't want to do. I used to have to have one of every gene and breed and apparel and etc, felt the need to participate in dom and just go hard. Now i play if i feel like playing, feed my dragons just enough i can get the well-fed bonus, do fairgrounds if i need food, and stopped trying to min-max everything, even if the way i play is less efficient. I've still got 11 more familiars to go and 50 more dragons to level to 25, but I don't feel a need anymore to force it.
Don't force yourself? But you don't have to go on a permanent break. I've just gone low effort and I have more energy for it now. I make sure to gather and nest everyday, but aside from that?

I disconnected from the community and just focused on my dragons and that has improved my experience immensely. I'm still not quite active, but I stopped forcing myself to do things I didn't want to do. I used to have to have one of every gene and breed and apparel and etc, felt the need to participate in dom and just go hard. Now i play if i feel like playing, feed my dragons just enough i can get the well-fed bonus, do fairgrounds if i need food, and stopped trying to min-max everything, even if the way i play is less efficient. I've still got 11 more familiars to go and 50 more dragons to level to 25, but I don't feel a need anymore to force it.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
1 2