Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Lore Iceberg?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
I'm subbed. No need to ping, but I don't mind if you do.

Remember that iceberg meme that went viral a while back, where a certain game, franchise or genre had various obscure trivia mentioned on an image of an iceberg to illustrate just how deep the rabbit hole goes?

(eg. the Mario 64 Iceberg)

I feel like Flight Rising would be perfect for that. There's so much lore and weird things that have happened here to put on an iceberg meme.

Problem is, I'm a relatively new player, and wasn't here for a lot of things, so as much as I want to, I probably couldn't make an accurate iceberg on my own.

I know about relatively surface level stuff, like the official lore in the Encyclopedia, retired items, Naomi, the couriers, the "dragons are evil" theory, stuff like that.

The deepest stuff I know is "How many bogsneaks does it take to kill a god" and "The Impocalypse"

So, I'm gonna need some help.

TL;DR: Does anyone have any cool obscure trivia about FR that they'd like to share, to potentially add on to the iceberg?
I'm subbed. No need to ping, but I don't mind if you do.

Remember that iceberg meme that went viral a while back, where a certain game, franchise or genre had various obscure trivia mentioned on an image of an iceberg to illustrate just how deep the rabbit hole goes?

(eg. the Mario 64 Iceberg)

I feel like Flight Rising would be perfect for that. There's so much lore and weird things that have happened here to put on an iceberg meme.

Problem is, I'm a relatively new player, and wasn't here for a lot of things, so as much as I want to, I probably couldn't make an accurate iceberg on my own.

I know about relatively surface level stuff, like the official lore in the Encyclopedia, retired items, Naomi, the couriers, the "dragons are evil" theory, stuff like that.

The deepest stuff I know is "How many bogsneaks does it take to kill a god" and "The Impocalypse"

So, I'm gonna need some help.

TL;DR: Does anyone have any cool obscure trivia about FR that they'd like to share, to potentially add on to the iceberg?
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
First off - Pablo. Pablo should be in the iceberg.

https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36194799

(Read his bio, it's amazing.)

You should also include this legendary thread:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2613757#post_2613757

I'll add more if I think of anything else.
First off - Pablo. Pablo should be in the iceberg.

https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36194799

(Read his bio, it's amazing.)

You should also include this legendary thread:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2613757#post_2613757

I'll add more if I think of anything else.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
No leg coatl
No leg coatl
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
ankle wedding
ankle wedding
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
Old color wheel (alternate: Sunshine, the name of the thread where staff slowly revealed the new colors)

Clanbound Tri-color Scatterscrolls (Scatterscrolls were originally bugged as to not include the whole color wheel. After it was fixed, players who used bugged Scatterscrolls could ask staff to manually give them clanbound versions as a refund)

Mistakes were made. (Familiar bonding error that was way too common in the early days of the site)

Festival of 1 (bugged Nature fest)

What is the Arcane Sprite Reading? (Old meme thread that periodically gets bumped)

Plague’s first dominance (I never see it referenced, but the very first time Plague got dominance, a bug struck at rollover that emptied every dragon belly on the site, and feeding did nothing but remove food from your stores. Once it was fixed and staff filled everyone’s belly, the Gladekeeper sent everyone some extra food)
Old color wheel (alternate: Sunshine, the name of the thread where staff slowly revealed the new colors)

Clanbound Tri-color Scatterscrolls (Scatterscrolls were originally bugged as to not include the whole color wheel. After it was fixed, players who used bugged Scatterscrolls could ask staff to manually give them clanbound versions as a refund)

Mistakes were made. (Familiar bonding error that was way too common in the early days of the site)

Festival of 1 (bugged Nature fest)

What is the Arcane Sprite Reading? (Old meme thread that periodically gets bumped)

Plague’s first dominance (I never see it referenced, but the very first time Plague got dominance, a bug struck at rollover that emptied every dragon belly on the site, and feeding did nothing but remove food from your stores. Once it was fixed and staff filled everyone’s belly, the Gladekeeper sent everyone some extra food)
Thanks for all the replies so far!!!
I wasn't expecting responses so fast, let alone such helpful ones.
Kicking myself for forgetting about ConsumeAnkle though ASDKD
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
- he purble
- appar- apoca- apparelpocaly- ok whatever the thing was were the woodland path's apparel droprate got messed up
- ok well it wasn't a big deal here but some people cared when a dragon of mine temporarily beat the Plaguebringer in likes and also I probably have a record regarding that now. but that's happened on Tumblr mostly. and is narcissistic on my part. anyways
- punch egg
- the deity teeth thread? I've only seen the first page. I don't really keep up with threads like those
- plaguebringer on a coli team. she's been on it forever but people keep rediscovering it
- boston and hope. again they've been there for a long time but people keep rediscovering them (shadowbinder/lightweaver's lairs)
- undel's art books
- yom spiders. sorry I don't have info beyond that, again I don't keep up with those
- swiftwings
- the proto-Imperial art
- alternative hatchling poses
- Jake the fanart dragon
- he purble
- appar- apoca- apparelpocaly- ok whatever the thing was were the woodland path's apparel droprate got messed up
- ok well it wasn't a big deal here but some people cared when a dragon of mine temporarily beat the Plaguebringer in likes and also I probably have a record regarding that now. but that's happened on Tumblr mostly. and is narcissistic on my part. anyways
- punch egg
- the deity teeth thread? I've only seen the first page. I don't really keep up with threads like those
- plaguebringer on a coli team. she's been on it forever but people keep rediscovering it
- boston and hope. again they've been there for a long time but people keep rediscovering them (shadowbinder/lightweaver's lairs)
- undel's art books
- yom spiders. sorry I don't have info beyond that, again I don't keep up with those
- swiftwings
- the proto-Imperial art
- alternative hatchling poses
- Jake the fanart dragon
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
My first thought was also 'he purble'.
Also registration windows, egg rot, Auction Expired, Eyepocalypse 2018, the old unreleased Ghost/Points genes.
Oh, and all the old April Fools jokes. Particularly Akiri's amazing revamp of the site in 2017.
My first thought was also 'he purble'.
Also registration windows, egg rot, Auction Expired, Eyepocalypse 2018, the old unreleased Ghost/Points genes.
Oh, and all the old April Fools jokes. Particularly Akiri's amazing revamp of the site in 2017.
Okay, but when I first saw thread's title, is it bad that I first thought it was going to be Club Penguin-related?
Okay, but when I first saw thread's title, is it bad that I first thought it was going to be Club Penguin-related?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="AngelicTofu" date="2020-10-09 22:07:26" ] Thanks for all the replies so far!!! I wasn't expecting responses so fast, let alone such helpful ones. Kicking myself for forgetting about ConsumeAnkle though ASDKD [/quote] GASP SPUTTER YOU FORGOT ABOUT ANKLEQUEEN anyways femur invasion and azimyth Edit: also DEITY LIPS
AngelicTofu wrote on 2020-10-09 22:07:26:
GASP SPUTTER YOU FORGOT ABOUT ANKLEQUEEN

anyways femur invasion and azimyth

Edit: also DEITY LIPS
LMLA6wg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14