Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | done , thank you all for the help ^^
1 2 3
@emajbi
yeahh I admit these dragons are really low quality xD for me ,the main thing is that each dragon is recorded in my archives and a family tree project. if I end up having to exalt , I think I will just record those too
I tried to limit breeding in the beginning but I always have many many breeding projects ><
@emajbi
yeahh I admit these dragons are really low quality xD for me ,the main thing is that each dragon is recorded in my archives and a family tree project. if I end up having to exalt , I think I will just record those too
I tried to limit breeding in the beginning but I always have many many breeding projects ><
Super straight pride
@jettt
i think it's not a bad idea to record exalted dragons in your archive. maybe you could keep only a few to continue the family tree, some of the favourites, and just get rid of the rest? you can imagine the exaltion or selling them off is just a dragon going away from the family lair to find a new clan. you really can get creative with with the idea of letting them go, it doesn't always have to match up what really happens

i do understand the struggle of having too many breeding projects, however. running out of main space myself, but im lucky to not be attached to my projects. once the perfect baby is born, all the pairs are going to be thrown away mercilessly >:^)
@jettt
i think it's not a bad idea to record exalted dragons in your archive. maybe you could keep only a few to continue the family tree, some of the favourites, and just get rid of the rest? you can imagine the exaltion or selling them off is just a dragon going away from the family lair to find a new clan. you really can get creative with with the idea of letting them go, it doesn't always have to match up what really happens

i do understand the struggle of having too many breeding projects, however. running out of main space myself, but im lucky to not be attached to my projects. once the perfect baby is born, all the pairs are going to be thrown away mercilessly >:^)
[quote name="emajbi" date="2020-09-22 20:46:02" ] i do understand the struggle of having too many breeding projects, however. running out of main space myself, but im lucky to not be attached to my projects. once the perfect baby is born, all the pairs are going to be thrown away mercilessly >:^) [/quote] haha this except I keep all the pairs and failed hatchlings =')
emajbi wrote on 2020-09-22 20:46:02:
haha this except I keep all the pairs and failed hatchlings =')
Super straight pride
The amount of dragons you have scares me

There's no guarantee that a dragon won't be exalted/given a different lore once it leaves your lair, but as others said, maybe you can show them off in no-exalt threads? Maybe you'd like to share the lore and make them into a subspecies to get more interest?
The amount of dragons you have scares me

There's no guarantee that a dragon won't be exalted/given a different lore once it leaves your lair, but as others said, maybe you can show them off in no-exalt threads? Maybe you'd like to share the lore and make them into a subspecies to get more interest?
Visit:
Light Dom Shop
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
er0mmVQ.png I am looking for:
Dragons/Breeding Pairs
Art of my ocs (frc only)
er0mmVQ.png I support:
#Unnamedisvalid
LDFA (Light only)
Nest Network
It's nuzlocke time.
It's nuzlocke time.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
Gosh, that is a lot of dragons.

Everyone has some good points, and suggestions. Rehoming all those dragons would be quite on effort, but if you feel it would be worth it, go for it.

But there is the fact that some exaltation has to happen. Even being lvl25 and fully stoned doesn't entirely protect a dragon; some people will buy them to exalt during very heated dom battles.

Maybe the first question you should try to answer is, why are you hesitant to exalt your dragons? How would exalting be different from having those dragons hiding in your hibden? You don't have to explain to me, but it is something to think about.

I have always thought and will continue to, that exalting is an honour to the dragon seeing as they get to serve the deity of their chosen flight. Of course, everyone is free to frame it however they want in their personal lore.

But maybe for some concrete tips?

It's very Konmarie, but try to keep dragons that bring you joy. When I am considering letting go or adding a dragon, I think on it in terms of, would I be happy to see this dragon the first thing when I open my browser? I have actually done that a few times on dragons I'm iffy about, and it sometimes help you realize why you are not happy with the dragon.

You are a lore clan so considering your dragons from lore perspective might help. I noticed looking through some of your dragons that most have only some factual notes on them. I agree with emajbi, try going for quality rather than quantity. What kind person is this dragon? What are their hobbies/work/relationships (aside from familial)?What kind of stories can they tell of themselves/the clan/ the other dragons? Try to think of the dragons in a broad picture, as characters inside a story. Maybe some of them leaving might benefit the story?

Limits. I would suggest imposing some self set limits, but I understand that can be quite hard. My own main clan is not allowed to exceed 80 dragons and that is a hard rule for me. If I want to add a new dragon when that would raise the total over 80, I have to remove someone already there. Harsh, but it is what it is. I grew quite used functioning with only 200 lair space.

In your case, I would first think, what is the ideal situation? How many main clan dragons do you want to keep? What is the ideal clan size? Then start separating out dragons, maybe ten at a time. Look at them and ask yourself, what are my reasons for keeping any of these? Only you can decide if your reasons are good enough to keep the dragon. Try to find reasons other than "it is part of my lore." "How important part of my lore is this dragon?" is also a good question. It is quite the practice in self-restrain.

Well, that is quite the wall of text. I hope you find some help amidst these words of mine.
Gosh, that is a lot of dragons.

Everyone has some good points, and suggestions. Rehoming all those dragons would be quite on effort, but if you feel it would be worth it, go for it.

But there is the fact that some exaltation has to happen. Even being lvl25 and fully stoned doesn't entirely protect a dragon; some people will buy them to exalt during very heated dom battles.

Maybe the first question you should try to answer is, why are you hesitant to exalt your dragons? How would exalting be different from having those dragons hiding in your hibden? You don't have to explain to me, but it is something to think about.

I have always thought and will continue to, that exalting is an honour to the dragon seeing as they get to serve the deity of their chosen flight. Of course, everyone is free to frame it however they want in their personal lore.

But maybe for some concrete tips?

It's very Konmarie, but try to keep dragons that bring you joy. When I am considering letting go or adding a dragon, I think on it in terms of, would I be happy to see this dragon the first thing when I open my browser? I have actually done that a few times on dragons I'm iffy about, and it sometimes help you realize why you are not happy with the dragon.

You are a lore clan so considering your dragons from lore perspective might help. I noticed looking through some of your dragons that most have only some factual notes on them. I agree with emajbi, try going for quality rather than quantity. What kind person is this dragon? What are their hobbies/work/relationships (aside from familial)?What kind of stories can they tell of themselves/the clan/ the other dragons? Try to think of the dragons in a broad picture, as characters inside a story. Maybe some of them leaving might benefit the story?

Limits. I would suggest imposing some self set limits, but I understand that can be quite hard. My own main clan is not allowed to exceed 80 dragons and that is a hard rule for me. If I want to add a new dragon when that would raise the total over 80, I have to remove someone already there. Harsh, but it is what it is. I grew quite used functioning with only 200 lair space.

In your case, I would first think, what is the ideal situation? How many main clan dragons do you want to keep? What is the ideal clan size? Then start separating out dragons, maybe ten at a time. Look at them and ask yourself, what are my reasons for keeping any of these? Only you can decide if your reasons are good enough to keep the dragon. Try to find reasons other than "it is part of my lore." "How important part of my lore is this dragon?" is also a good question. It is quite the practice in self-restrain.

Well, that is quite the wall of text. I hope you find some help amidst these words of mine.
fBVWC4D.png FR +10

Every now and again I’ll find a super nice dragon that I want in my lore but I don’t want them being exalted but also don’t want to have them take up space, so I write them in a lore book of "Other characters/Npcs/etc" then train them to 7 to exalt them myself for profit.

I get money, lair space, AND since they were exalted in my account, they’re technically still tied to it, and thus, I can write whatever I want.

Every now and again I’ll find a super nice dragon that I want in my lore but I don’t want them being exalted but also don’t want to have them take up space, so I write them in a lore book of "Other characters/Npcs/etc" then train them to 7 to exalt them myself for profit.

I get money, lair space, AND since they were exalted in my account, they’re technically still tied to it, and thus, I can write whatever I want.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
@jettt I'll go ahead and say the opposite of Emajbi, I keep a record of any dragons that I am or was attached to that got sold or exalted, mostly my starting dragons from my very early lair and lore dragons who have died in lore.
Having a place I know I can click and go to the dragon makes me not miss them at all - If I want to see them again, I just click to go to their exaltation pillar.

Plus, I haven't had my clan graveyard for a long time. I got the links of a lot of my early dragons by shuffling through my current dragons' family trees. That is a feature you can use exactly for that reason, you don't need to *keep* all failed project hatchlings.

@Alepha has a really really good idea :O Writing lore then exalting in lore is honestly the best thing for pretty dragons you want in your lore but don't want taking up lair space
@jettt I'll go ahead and say the opposite of Emajbi, I keep a record of any dragons that I am or was attached to that got sold or exalted, mostly my starting dragons from my very early lair and lore dragons who have died in lore.
Having a place I know I can click and go to the dragon makes me not miss them at all - If I want to see them again, I just click to go to their exaltation pillar.

Plus, I haven't had my clan graveyard for a long time. I got the links of a lot of my early dragons by shuffling through my current dragons' family trees. That is a feature you can use exactly for that reason, you don't need to *keep* all failed project hatchlings.

@Alepha has a really really good idea :O Writing lore then exalting in lore is honestly the best thing for pretty dragons you want in your lore but don't want taking up lair space
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
That's a whole lot of dragons! Maybe level your personal favorites and sell them that way, and do whatever you can to keep the rest from being exalted?
That's a whole lot of dragons! Maybe level your personal favorites and sell them that way, and do whatever you can to keep the rest from being exalted?
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
If I had lair space, I'd be glad to take in some of your dragons,, wish you luck w all that kids, pal.
If I had lair space, I'd be glad to take in some of your dragons,, wish you luck w all that kids, pal.
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
1 2 3