Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's your hardest breeding project?
1 2 3 4
This lovely lady! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59483687][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/594837/59483687_350.png[/img][/url] I actually made a thread detailing the whole thing [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2719949/1]here[/url] It was just really hard to find the right colors. There were a lot in very close range, but nothing exact. I bought a LOT of dragons to breed and the pair that ultimately got me what I needed was a couple generations down from my original pair. Add nest rentals on top of that, it took a while (at least I spared myself and only rented for the high-chance pairs)
This lovely lady!
59483687_350.png
I actually made a thread detailing the whole thing here

It was just really hard to find the right colors. There were a lot in very close range, but nothing exact. I bought a LOT of dragons to breed and the pair that ultimately got me what I needed was a couple generations down from my original pair. Add nest rentals on top of that, it took a while (at least I spared myself and only rented for the high-chance pairs)
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26646367][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/266464/26646367_350.png[/img][/url][/center] This one took 2 years to get mainly cause I wanted a female imp and it was difficult to find the imps with similar colors that I needed to get this. I'm very happy I finally got her though it was well worth it.
26646367_350.png

This one took 2 years to get mainly cause I wanted a female imp and it was difficult to find the imps with similar colors that I needed to get this. I'm very happy I finally got her though it was well worth it.
Felorai.gifi93pqbp_by_luckyfang18-dd0n9j1.gif
oh god. im in the process of one. its probably going to take literal years.

i came up with this when i switched to lightning and i wanted a new lightning rep, but i really wanted it to be specific colors and genes, and also to be a primal. already super expensive so... i got a breeding pair and im working on that.

the brilliant idea is: what if I got a primal for each flight, bred for the purpose of being a rep?

the plan is when i eventually breed a primal for a specific flight i switch flights so i can work on the next one. so instead of pouring thousands of gems for the instant gratification, i can use those gems on flight changes, whilst also experiencing all the flights in my time on the site.

i already have a wind rep i accidentally bred as a primal. Im working on lightning, so that means i have ten more primals to go.

we are in it for the long haul bud.
oh god. im in the process of one. its probably going to take literal years.

i came up with this when i switched to lightning and i wanted a new lightning rep, but i really wanted it to be specific colors and genes, and also to be a primal. already super expensive so... i got a breeding pair and im working on that.

the brilliant idea is: what if I got a primal for each flight, bred for the purpose of being a rep?

the plan is when i eventually breed a primal for a specific flight i switch flights so i can work on the next one. so instead of pouring thousands of gems for the instant gratification, i can use those gems on flight changes, whilst also experiencing all the flights in my time on the site.

i already have a wind rep i accidentally bred as a primal. Im working on lightning, so that means i have ten more primals to go.

we are in it for the long haul bud.
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
This. The amount of unobtainable Eldtrich/Eldritch/Seafoam dergs hurts my soul. And then it's a primal which I've never hatched before. I've never even hatched a multigaze :') My nests are cursed.
Speshial
This. The amount of unobtainable Eldtrich/Eldritch/Seafoam dergs hurts my soul. And then it's a primal which I've never hatched before. I've never even hatched a multigaze :') My nests are cursed.
Speshial
It took me over 2.5 years to breed a mated pair of tarnish/spruce/camo dragons. Both of them have grandmothers born in my lair!
It took me over 2.5 years to breed a mated pair of tarnish/spruce/camo dragons. Both of them have grandmothers born in my lair!
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
I've been trying to get an obsidian/carrot/fire coatl for over a year now, you would think it would be a more popular combo but it's not, was originally wanting a male, but with the new update it doesn't matter to me anymore!

I have three pairs over two generations. Hard to find the right colors with the right genes and breeds
I've been trying to get an obsidian/carrot/fire coatl for over a year now, you would think it would be a more popular combo but it's not, was originally wanting a male, but with the new update it doesn't matter to me anymore!

I have three pairs over two generations. Hard to find the right colors with the right genes and breeds
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
Currently it's my only project, and it's for a primal. I've never once hatched a primal in all the time since eye types came to be. I've had a few multi-gaze dragons and some facets, but never a primal. So there's that. Thankfully I've managed to get a handful of pairs with pretty close colors so I'm turning out babies constantly, so maybe it won't take too much longer. But hoo boy this has taken a while already.

Prior to that I had a fandragon project to create Gambit from X-Men. The colors I settled on were basically nonexistent in the combination I wanted, so I had to spend a while breeding down a narrower range. After a few months I finally got the boy I wanted and I was ecstatic, but then they released the dark sclera eye type, and as Gambit has red irises on black sclera I had to breed him again, this time in a plague nest. So that led to months of nest renting, which was fun. In the end though I did finally get the baby I wanted, and I could not possibly love him more.
Currently it's my only project, and it's for a primal. I've never once hatched a primal in all the time since eye types came to be. I've had a few multi-gaze dragons and some facets, but never a primal. So there's that. Thankfully I've managed to get a handful of pairs with pretty close colors so I'm turning out babies constantly, so maybe it won't take too much longer. But hoo boy this has taken a while already.

Prior to that I had a fandragon project to create Gambit from X-Men. The colors I settled on were basically nonexistent in the combination I wanted, so I had to spend a while breeding down a narrower range. After a few months I finally got the boy I wanted and I was ecstatic, but then they released the dark sclera eye type, and as Gambit has red irises on black sclera I had to breed him again, this time in a plague nest. So that led to months of nest renting, which was fun. In the end though I did finally get the baby I wanted, and I could not possibly love him more.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=40&breed=8&element=4&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=38&winggene=41&wings=10&auth=827524188d5d7d94c36ecccd42312bf04a675c3d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][font=American Gothic][size=4] No Non-Exalted dragons with the same color. And it has to be an [b]Imp.[/b] I currently have two dragons in my lair, Decedent and Eros, that could breed this fellow, but it's only one possibility amongst many. First try has yet to bring anything close. Now I have to wait a month to try again. AHHHHHHHH.
dragon?age=1&body=110&bodygene=40&breed=8&element=4&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=38&winggene=41&wings=10&auth=827524188d5d7d94c36ecccd42312bf04a675c3d&dummyext=prev.png

No Non-Exalted dragons with the same color. And it has to be an Imp.

I currently have two dragons in my lair, Decedent and Eros, that could breed this fellow, but it's only one possibility amongst many. First try has yet to bring anything close. Now I have to wait a month to try again. AHHHHHHHH.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=30&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=27&winggene=34&wings=33&auth=693c4fbc66299190f84c5ac32a77226c2a8e816c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center]This guy, a fan dragon plan for Malfurion of the game World of Warcraft Started it the day gaolers released, so it's been well over a year now I'm over 50 reject hatchlings in and still do not have the right colors I got the right colors twice, but both were female, and so i exalted them thinking we'd never have pose change scrolls actually be in existence. So guess who has very painful regrets[/center]
dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=30&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=27&winggene=34&wings=33&auth=693c4fbc66299190f84c5ac32a77226c2a8e816c&dummyext=prev.png
This guy, a fan dragon plan for Malfurion of the game World of Warcraft
Started it the day gaolers released, so it's been well over a year now
I'm over 50 reject hatchlings in and still do not have the right colors
I got the right colors twice, but both were female, and so i exalted them thinking we'd never have pose change scrolls actually be in existence. So guess who has very painful regrets
wqq.png anduins.gif ezgif-1-5db0c92ece.png
Poison | Ecto/Ect | Artist | +3 FR Time
Accent Shop
The Library | Wishlist |
Oilslick Quest | Icon Dragon
ezgif-1-5db0c92ece.png
mtahk.gif
I do a lot of breeding projects for color combos that don't exist, but Bearu and his mate are the ones that stick in my mind. Took me about a year to get Bearu, thankfully his mate came along just a few weeks later. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51909910][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/519100/51909910_350.png[/img][/url]
I do a lot of breeding projects for color combos that don't exist, but Bearu and his mate are the ones that stick in my mind. Took me about a year to get Bearu, thankfully his mate came along just a few weeks later.

51909910_350.png
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
1 2 3 4