Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "bad" Suggestions YOU want?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
random mutations!!!! DUDE!!! it would b so cool! like MUTATION GENES you could only get through breeding that had a higher chance to pass down to offspring, but wasnt guranteed and still low... DUUDE. i would LOVE that
random mutations!!!! DUDE!!! it would b so cool! like MUTATION GENES you could only get through breeding that had a higher chance to pass down to offspring, but wasnt guranteed and still low... DUUDE. i would LOVE that
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png ePOliyb.png
UkjerOF.png
o7ZCFYm.png
VDqpTLf.png
kSsCpBU.png
AaYNmEX.png
2Dp2REm.png
wbvK3HZ.png
oczO35g.png
JDcLBdb.png
0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png
I'd never actually suggest it because 1) I know it would be really unpopular and 2) there's not anything to debate about it:

Roundsey-exclusive Ancient.

I was around for the early days of the site and the Imperial economy and subsequent crash was the most interesting part of it to me. By limiting the number of scrolls in the economy to Roundsey wins, we'd have another Imperial situation. Or even more interesting: make it exclusive to Roundsey-given eggs so it's all random what colors are available.

Or even a Roundsey-exclusive gene scroll. Just anything breedable. I like watching the price slowly go down over a period of months, perhaps years if it's limited enough (versus the period of weeks for most new genes).

It would mean I probably wouldn't have access to it for some time, but I'm okay with that. I just want to see another really rare dragon, especially since we know it would eventually become common through breeding.
I'd never actually suggest it because 1) I know it would be really unpopular and 2) there's not anything to debate about it:

Roundsey-exclusive Ancient.

I was around for the early days of the site and the Imperial economy and subsequent crash was the most interesting part of it to me. By limiting the number of scrolls in the economy to Roundsey wins, we'd have another Imperial situation. Or even more interesting: make it exclusive to Roundsey-given eggs so it's all random what colors are available.

Or even a Roundsey-exclusive gene scroll. Just anything breedable. I like watching the price slowly go down over a period of months, perhaps years if it's limited enough (versus the period of weeks for most new genes).

It would mean I probably wouldn't have access to it for some time, but I'm okay with that. I just want to see another really rare dragon, especially since we know it would eventually become common through breeding.
@WithinShade Don't quite understand what you're saying? Flooded economy is bad. You'd have to remove the reward to have 'bond all'. I suppose that could be done.. but what would be the point? The idea of bonding is spending time with a pet. Telling all your dogs to line up so you can run your hand over all their heads at once seems.. odd. Making bonding more interactive would be good.

This isn't suggestions though, so none of that matters. I just tried to explain why 'bond all' as it is isn't a good idea or going to happen (I may have misread but going down the thread there seemed some confusion as to why it's a bad idea to begin with)
@WithinShade Don't quite understand what you're saying? Flooded economy is bad. You'd have to remove the reward to have 'bond all'. I suppose that could be done.. but what would be the point? The idea of bonding is spending time with a pet. Telling all your dogs to line up so you can run your hand over all their heads at once seems.. odd. Making bonding more interactive would be good.

This isn't suggestions though, so none of that matters. I just tried to explain why 'bond all' as it is isn't a good idea or going to happen (I may have misread but going down the thread there seemed some confusion as to why it's a bad idea to begin with)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@SCB - I know this isn't suggestions, I was just responding. I know that the suggestion would flood the economy, which is why it would need to be reworked in some way. As for how? Well, I'm not great with game design, so quite frankly, I don't have an actual suggestion. But, I have played games for the vast majority of my life, and I know the current model is far from ideal. Anything that feels like a chore in a game is bad game design. Games are meant to be fun, after all. Not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to be clear. (plus I have a blinding head ache from bad weather and words are hard at the moment...)
@SCB - I know this isn't suggestions, I was just responding. I know that the suggestion would flood the economy, which is why it would need to be reworked in some way. As for how? Well, I'm not great with game design, so quite frankly, I don't have an actual suggestion. But, I have played games for the vast majority of my life, and I know the current model is far from ideal. Anything that feels like a chore in a game is bad game design. Games are meant to be fun, after all. Not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to be clear. (plus I have a blinding head ache from bad weather and words are hard at the moment...)
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@panzerhaus

I used to be on a site that did random mutations and actually it was one of the biggest draws people had for that site. It was very fun and kept the market really high as the breeding system followed simplistic yet more realistic genetics than fr does so lineages were a big thing.

@panzerhaus

I used to be on a site that did random mutations and actually it was one of the biggest draws people had for that site. It was very fun and kept the market really high as the breeding system followed simplistic yet more realistic genetics than fr does so lineages were a big thing.

Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
@WithinShade Gotcha. I don't always comprehend things properly, so I was making sure. Hope you feel better!
@WithinShade Gotcha. I don't always comprehend things properly, so I was making sure. Hope you feel better!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
With ancients not being able to breed with eachother, you really open up the options for weird mechanics, although that would mean entirely new coding. Mutating ancient breed? It would minimize backlash (I dislike mutations, a lot, but if it stuck to one breed I'd be ok with it.. ofcourse people have a habit of trying to get more. Like clothes on ancients lol so then it would be "why can't we do this on all dragons")
With ancients not being able to breed with eachother, you really open up the options for weird mechanics, although that would mean entirely new coding. Mutating ancient breed? It would minimize backlash (I dislike mutations, a lot, but if it stuck to one breed I'd be ok with it.. ofcourse people have a habit of trying to get more. Like clothes on ancients lol so then it would be "why can't we do this on all dragons")
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@SCB It's perfectly fine, I understand. And thank you. :)

As for random mutations, I think it'd be really neat. I know some people would probably hate it, but as someone who's here for breeding (I like the random chance, it's always the draw for me in games like this), I think it would be a great addition. :) One that probably would never happen, but hey, that's what this thread is for.
@SCB It's perfectly fine, I understand. And thank you. :)

As for random mutations, I think it'd be really neat. I know some people would probably hate it, but as someone who's here for breeding (I like the random chance, it's always the draw for me in games like this), I think it would be a great addition. :) One that probably would never happen, but hey, that's what this thread is for.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[quote name="WithinShade" date="2020-09-07 08:19:00" ] @/SCB It's perfectly fine, I understand. And thank you. :) As for random mutations, I think it'd be really neat. I know some people would probably hate it, but as someone who's here for breeding (I like the random chance, it's always the draw for me in games like this), I think it would be a great addition. :) One that probably would never happen, but hey, that's what this thread is for. [/quote] It would certainly help the dragon market. But I can't imagine where one would begin to code such a thing haha
WithinShade wrote on 2020-09-07 08:19:00:
@/SCB It's perfectly fine, I understand. And thank you. :)

It would certainly help the dragon market. But I can't imagine where one would begin to code such a thing haha
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Colored contacts.

Terrible idea gamewise, I know, but I want them.
Colored contacts.

Terrible idea gamewise, I know, but I want them.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9