Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What colour are genes for you?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Skink/Spinner are almost always Pearl.
Py/Morph are Orchid.
Pinstripe is either Banana or Radioactive.
Trail is essentially any shade of brown, somewhat similar to Latte or perhaps Hickory.
Seraph is Mist or Sapphire because of the coloring (Mist only for male Ridgebacks).
Star/Con are Nightshade, I believe.
Opal and Veined are White.
Basic, for male Tundras in particular, is always Black.
Runes is Violet.
Cherub is Cerise.
Underbelly is Maize.
Capsule is Fire. (Unironically, Fire Capsule slaps. It looks really cool.)
Cry/Face are Metals.
Skink/Spinner are almost always Pearl.
Py/Morph are Orchid.
Pinstripe is either Banana or Radioactive.
Trail is essentially any shade of brown, somewhat similar to Latte or perhaps Hickory.
Seraph is Mist or Sapphire because of the coloring (Mist only for male Ridgebacks).
Star/Con are Nightshade, I believe.
Opal and Veined are White.
Basic, for male Tundras in particular, is always Black.
Runes is Violet.
Cherub is Cerise.
Underbelly is Maize.
Capsule is Fire. (Unironically, Fire Capsule slaps. It looks really cool.)
Cry/Face are Metals.

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
Abyss Skink/Spinner

Brown-range Tapir, usually dirt/sable.

Metals Opal

Gold/Orca Metallic/Alloy.
Abyss Skink/Spinner

Brown-range Tapir, usually dirt/sable.

Metals Opal

Gold/Orca Metallic/Alloy.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
i don't think of them that way, they're just that weird vague colorless indescribable placeholder not-color that all things are in your imagination when it doesn't think to specify a color [quote name="Razatharia" date="2020-07-04 09:43:55" ] I... there isn't a specific colour. It kinda just changes I guess? I know the "feel" of the gene, the patterns and markings, but the colour of it doesn't really matter, in a way. There are so many colours, and picturing a gene doesn't actually give me a specific colour, more like... the knowledge of where colours are and how they behave with a gene, but in a way where I'm simultaneously seeing multiple colours and none of them at the same time. My brain confuses me and I am struggling to explain this, but I tried XD Point is, I don't associate genes with specific colours, or colours with genes, or genes with dragon breeds (other than ancient-specific genes, of course). [/quote] you said it way better than i can. i usually think more in collections of abstract concepts and instinctive total conceptual semi-metaphorically 3d from-every-angle understandings and energies with small amounts of very simple images drawn on top like a scaffold for all the abstract understandings to cling to, rather than just plain images or words.
i don't think of them that way, they're just that weird vague colorless indescribable placeholder not-color that all things are in your imagination when it doesn't think to specify a color
Razatharia wrote on 2020-07-04 09:43:55:
I... there isn't a specific colour. It kinda just changes I guess? I know the "feel" of the gene, the patterns and markings, but the colour of it doesn't really matter, in a way. There are so many colours, and picturing a gene doesn't actually give me a specific colour, more like... the knowledge of where colours are and how they behave with a gene, but in a way where I'm simultaneously seeing multiple colours and none of them at the same time.

My brain confuses me and I am struggling to explain this, but I tried XD Point is, I don't associate genes with specific colours, or colours with genes, or genes with dragon breeds (other than ancient-specific genes, of course).
you said it way better than i can. i usually think more in collections of abstract concepts and instinctive total conceptual semi-metaphorically 3d from-every-angle understandings and energies with small amounts of very simple images drawn on top like a scaffold for all the abstract understandings to cling to, rather than just plain images or words.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Butterfly is Spring. The two are made for one another.

Crackle is Tarnish. I'm obsessed. I can't help myself.

Ghost...I'm always scrying this in Grapefruit and Chartreuse. I love the gradient.

Eye Spots is one of my favorite genes in any color, but Thistle is my go-to.

Kind of a reverse... I can't think of Azure without Shimmer. I don't understand it because I don't actually like this color much. BUT, I have a trio of dragons with it, and a fourth I might buy it for. Yep, for a color I don't even like.
Butterfly is Spring. The two are made for one another.

Crackle is Tarnish. I'm obsessed. I can't help myself.

Ghost...I'm always scrying this in Grapefruit and Chartreuse. I love the gradient.

Eye Spots is one of my favorite genes in any color, but Thistle is my go-to.

Kind of a reverse... I can't think of Azure without Shimmer. I don't understand it because I don't actually like this color much. BUT, I have a trio of dragons with it, and a fourth I might buy it for. Yep, for a color I don't even like.
lGriifT.png
I only have two that really resonate with a color for me: Opal is always pearl and Jaguar is always copper.
I only have two that really resonate with a color for me: Opal is always pearl and Jaguar is always copper.
FTuaU7Y.png
[quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-07-10 07:28:05" ] i don't think of them that way, they're just that weird vague colorless indescribable placeholder not-color that all things are in your imagination when it doesn't think to specify a color [quote name="Razatharia" date="2020-07-04 09:43:55" ] I... there isn't a specific colour. It kinda just changes I guess? I know the "feel" of the gene, the patterns and markings, but the colour of it doesn't really matter, in a way. There are so many colours, and picturing a gene doesn't actually give me a specific colour, more like... the knowledge of where colours are and how they behave with a gene, but in a way where I'm simultaneously seeing multiple colours and none of them at the same time. My brain confuses me and I am struggling to explain this, but I tried XD Point is, I don't associate genes with specific colours, or colours with genes, or genes with dragon breeds (other than ancient-specific genes, of course). [/quote] you said it way better than i can. i usually think more in collections of abstract concepts and instinctive total conceptual semi-metaphorically 3d from-every-angle understandings and energies with small amounts of very simple images drawn on top like a scaffold for all the abstract understandings to cling to, rather than just plain images or words. [/quote] honestly same. i just can't picture a specific colour for any one gene. like i know what cherub looks like and skink and jaguar etc., but no specific colours come to mind.
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-07-10 07:28:05:
i don't think of them that way, they're just that weird vague colorless indescribable placeholder not-color that all things are in your imagination when it doesn't think to specify a color
Razatharia wrote on 2020-07-04 09:43:55:
I... there isn't a specific colour. It kinda just changes I guess? I know the "feel" of the gene, the patterns and markings, but the colour of it doesn't really matter, in a way. There are so many colours, and picturing a gene doesn't actually give me a specific colour, more like... the knowledge of where colours are and how they behave with a gene, but in a way where I'm simultaneously seeing multiple colours and none of them at the same time.

My brain confuses me and I am struggling to explain this, but I tried XD Point is, I don't associate genes with specific colours, or colours with genes, or genes with dragon breeds (other than ancient-specific genes, of course).
you said it way better than i can. i usually think more in collections of abstract concepts and instinctive total conceptual semi-metaphorically 3d from-every-angle understandings and energies with small amounts of very simple images drawn on top like a scaffold for all the abstract understandings to cling to, rather than just plain images or words.
honestly same. i just can't picture a specific colour for any one gene. like i know what cherub looks like and skink and jaguar etc., but no specific colours come to mind.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I have no idea why i thought of Rust Jupiter out of all the combinations but it's valid
I have no idea why i thought of Rust Jupiter out of all the combinations but it's valid
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6