Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Deities Voice Actors?
1 2 3 4 5
Plaguebringer is defo Helena Carter!
Plaguebringer is defo Helena Carter!
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="Division" date="2020-06-17 21:50:48" ] Tidelord sounds like a whale or yeah those weird deep sea noises. Stormcatcher is 100% Cave Johnson. I mean, it fits too well. "Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. " [/quote] This made my day. That Stormcatcher quote is literally a Gary Larson cartoon. (I'd [i]almost [/i]honestly volunteer for praying mantis DNA. :))
Division wrote on 2020-06-17 21:50:48:
Tidelord sounds like a whale or yeah those weird deep sea noises. Stormcatcher is 100% Cave Johnson. I mean, it fits too well.

"Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. "
This made my day. That Stormcatcher quote is literally a Gary Larson cartoon. (I'd almost honestly volunteer for praying mantis DNA. :))
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
Since no one seems to have mentioned Lightweaver... how about Vanessa Marshall? I’m a big fan of her, she was Black Canary in Young Justice, Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon, and Hera in Star Wars Rebels. She sounds like a benevolent mom most of the time, but very scary when angry.

For Shadowbinder, Gina Torres? She’s been in a few action movies, done voices in Transformers: Prime and Star Wars Rebels. Sort of... attractive but threatening voice? Or Kelly Hu, similar vibe.

I love these ladies, voice acting is so cool.
Since no one seems to have mentioned Lightweaver... how about Vanessa Marshall? I’m a big fan of her, she was Black Canary in Young Justice, Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon, and Hera in Star Wars Rebels. She sounds like a benevolent mom most of the time, but very scary when angry.

For Shadowbinder, Gina Torres? She’s been in a few action movies, done voices in Transformers: Prime and Star Wars Rebels. Sort of... attractive but threatening voice? Or Kelly Hu, similar vibe.

I love these ladies, voice acting is so cool.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
icewarden is debra wilson because im corny
icewarden is debra wilson because im corny
iceshieldr.png___

ERIDAN h03-icon-twinkle.gif HE/HIM h03-icon-twinkle.gif FR +8
if i remain lost & die on a cross
at least i wasn't born in a manger
Okay, not a voice actor but I’d imagine Windsinger to sound kinda like Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer). I want him to sing Pet to a little Spiral. Don’t fret precious I’m here. Step away from the window and go back to sleep.
Okay, not a voice actor but I’d imagine Windsinger to sound kinda like Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer). I want him to sing Pet to a little Spiral. Don’t fret precious I’m here. Step away from the window and go back to sleep.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
Icewarden gotta have that Christopher Judge voice.
Icewarden gotta have that Christopher Judge voice.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Alternatively, Gavin Free as Arcanist
Alternatively, Gavin Free as Arcanist
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
shadowbinder is just inaudible asmr whispering
shadowbinder is just inaudible asmr whispering
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Tidelord is The Bloop.

Plaguebringer is Cate Blanchett

Stormcatcher is Tim Curry

Tidelord is The Bloop.

Plaguebringer is Cate Blanchett

Stormcatcher is Tim Curry

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
Everyone's casting Ellen McLain as Shadowbinder or Plaguebringer, but honestly I feel like she fits Lightweaver best. Maybe just the impulse to cast GLaDOS's actor as someone more villain-y, but going by voice alone? She just sounds most like Glittermom to me.

I don't know enough VA names to be able to cast anyone else reliably, though.
Everyone's casting Ellen McLain as Shadowbinder or Plaguebringer, but honestly I feel like she fits Lightweaver best. Maybe just the impulse to cast GLaDOS's actor as someone more villain-y, but going by voice alone? She just sounds most like Glittermom to me.

I don't know enough VA names to be able to cast anyone else reliably, though.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
1 2 3 4 5