Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | @ Folks who've been here a while:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I like skydancers less now (they're still very good, just. burned myself out real hard), and actively can't stand imps. Oops.
Otherwise, I just kinda got more spitefully Lightning in everything I do and ridgebacks own my entire soul.

Oh, right. Right. I'm addicted to basic now.
There is that too.
I like skydancers less now (they're still very good, just. burned myself out real hard), and actively can't stand imps. Oops.
Otherwise, I just kinda got more spitefully Lightning in everything I do and ridgebacks own my entire soul.

Oh, right. Right. I'm addicted to basic now.
There is that too.
i used to loooove cryface
still have some unfortunate dragons left in my lair from those awful times
i used to loooove cryface
still have some unfortunate dragons left in my lair from those awful times
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

In my early days I used to be super picky about genes and breeds. I only liked a handful of genes and breeds, and doubles/triples were my life.

Now, I've developed a liking for each and every gene and breed! There are still some things I'm iffy on and probably wouldn't use myself, but I don't mind them! And also, I think turning into a G1 lair humbled me quite a bit. It taught me that I have to work hard for the things that I wanted, and I have to be patient!

I also didn't really talk to people that much but now I enjoy talking to others a whole bunch. Pretty sure I visit the forums 50 times a day...
In my early days I used to be super picky about genes and breeds. I only liked a handful of genes and breeds, and doubles/triples were my life.

Now, I've developed a liking for each and every gene and breed! There are still some things I'm iffy on and probably wouldn't use myself, but I don't mind them! And also, I think turning into a G1 lair humbled me quite a bit. It taught me that I have to work hard for the things that I wanted, and I have to be patient!

I also didn't really talk to people that much but now I enjoy talking to others a whole bunch. Pretty sure I visit the forums 50 times a day...
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
Used to be all over Cryface, liked circuit a lot... there weren't as many genes to choose from when I first started so I didn't have many dislikes. Smoke, too - I used to like it, or at least accept it as like the default tert. Can't stand any of the above now.

I went through a serious fondness for Peregrine and Cherub when they were new, and while Cherub still has its uses (mostly on Tundras) I can't stand the sight of Peregrine anymore.

Mostly my opinions have changed in the direction of getting sick of genes but learning to appreciate breeds. I don't think I've had a turnaround for the positive on any gene, but I appreciate basically every breed even if I don't end up with too many of some of them. (Sorry, Mirrors!)
Used to be all over Cryface, liked circuit a lot... there weren't as many genes to choose from when I first started so I didn't have many dislikes. Smoke, too - I used to like it, or at least accept it as like the default tert. Can't stand any of the above now.

I went through a serious fondness for Peregrine and Cherub when they were new, and while Cherub still has its uses (mostly on Tundras) I can't stand the sight of Peregrine anymore.

Mostly my opinions have changed in the direction of getting sick of genes but learning to appreciate breeds. I don't think I've had a turnaround for the positive on any gene, but I appreciate basically every breed even if I don't end up with too many of some of them. (Sorry, Mirrors!)
TH15wMc.png
Mine have changed drastically. I used to despise certain breeds that I now love. Iri/Shim/Circuit used to be literally my favorite combo and now I can't stand it haha!
Mine have changed drastically. I used to despise certain breeds that I now love. Iri/Shim/Circuit used to be literally my favorite combo and now I can't stand it haha!
td9UiZS.png
Not really. I started off with mostly fae, and continued in the same vein :)
Not really. I started off with mostly fae, and continued in the same vein :)
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
Originally i:
*Liked all dragons and wanted at least 1 of each
*collected doubles
*hated gen 1 dragons
*never wanted to gene a dragon, thought it was a waste

Now i:
*Am a one breed lair, all skydancers
*Only keep xyz where each color is in different range, few exceptions because of lore and multi color genes
*have many gen 1 dragons I hatched and gened
*even scatter and gene non gen 1 dragons.

Other small changes but after a year my taste stays similar just small variations .. going on 6 years..haha

Originally i:
*Liked all dragons and wanted at least 1 of each
*collected doubles
*hated gen 1 dragons
*never wanted to gene a dragon, thought it was a waste

Now i:
*Am a one breed lair, all skydancers
*Only keep xyz where each color is in different range, few exceptions because of lore and multi color genes
*have many gen 1 dragons I hatched and gened
*even scatter and gene non gen 1 dragons.

Other small changes but after a year my taste stays similar just small variations .. going on 6 years..haha

A5i3AHB.png
Used to like Wildclaws.
Used to like Wildclaws.
Favorite breeds have more or less stayed the same, and the genes I like have kind of just changed as we've gotten new ones! The aesthetic I was aiming for has slowly morphed from cutesy to more neutral, or white/xx dergs which i just adore.

The biggest change is my view on g1s!! I just couldn't comprehend spending that much money for what seemed like no reason when there were perfectly good fully gened dergs already for sale... Then I hatched an xyy and it was A L L downhill from there
Favorite breeds have more or less stayed the same, and the genes I like have kind of just changed as we've gotten new ones! The aesthetic I was aiming for has slowly morphed from cutesy to more neutral, or white/xx dergs which i just adore.

The biggest change is my view on g1s!! I just couldn't comprehend spending that much money for what seemed like no reason when there were perfectly good fully gened dergs already for sale... Then I hatched an xyy and it was A L L downhill from there
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Gods, my style has definitely changed from when I first started in 2014. Let's start with the fact that I was just starting highschool, basically.

I loved Crystal, Shimmer, Iridescent, and the whole nine yards when it came to genes. I also thought that Crystal dragons were THE most rarest dragon, but that was because around the time I joined, the gene had been just released.

But now I'm a natural, neutral type of enby. Colorful babies, while pretty in their own right, don't last long in my lair at all. Which is okay because my aesthetic, while sometimes containing rainbows, is a most neutral and woodsy or earthy type feel. Something younger me would still have loved, but not nearly as much as fire red or ocean blue characters would.
Gods, my style has definitely changed from when I first started in 2014. Let's start with the fact that I was just starting highschool, basically.

I loved Crystal, Shimmer, Iridescent, and the whole nine yards when it came to genes. I also thought that Crystal dragons were THE most rarest dragon, but that was because around the time I joined, the gene had been just released.

But now I'm a natural, neutral type of enby. Colorful babies, while pretty in their own right, don't last long in my lair at all. Which is okay because my aesthetic, while sometimes containing rainbows, is a most neutral and woodsy or earthy type feel. Something younger me would still have loved, but not nearly as much as fire red or ocean blue characters would.
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
1 2 3 4 5 6 7