Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Evolution of the Breeds
1 2 3 4 5
I'm bored and I'm a biology nerd so I'm going to be theorizing how the breeds would have evolved to be the way they are. For those with ancient breeds it will be easier, and I'll be combining the ancient and modern breed in one post. Please note that these are all speculation. I'm not claiming any of these as cannon or my own beliefs, I'm just having fun and looking at the evolution of a species. [b]Let me know if you'd like to be pinged when a new breed is analyzed![/b] Feel free to write your own theories in this thread as well!! :D [b]Table of Contents [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2865517/1#post_43433014][color=orange]Banescale/Coatl[/color][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2865517#post_43433358][color=045924]Bogsneak[/color][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2865517#post_43433481][color=ee8fff]Fae[/color][/url] Gaoler/Tundra Guardian Imperial Mirror[nextcol] Nocturne Pearlcatcher Ridgeback Skydancer Snapper Spiral Wildclaw[/columns] [quote=pinglist]@TheMaskedDragon @PixelSpiral @Qhersek @banii @JazzyLynx @Kyan0s @QueenAltari @clementine2017 @digilici @Kylaila @snowpool @Dravrei @Lyren @Phoeniz @TouchTone @palarian @MeKat @voidbeast[/quote]
I'm bored and I'm a biology nerd so I'm going to be theorizing how the breeds would have evolved to be the way they are. For those with ancient breeds it will be easier, and I'll be combining the ancient and modern breed in one post. Please note that these are all speculation. I'm not claiming any of these as cannon or my own beliefs, I'm just having fun and looking at the evolution of a species.

Let me know if you'd like to be pinged when a new breed is analyzed!
Feel free to write your own theories in this thread as well!! :D

Table of Contents
Banescale/Coatl
Bogsneak
Fae
Gaoler/Tundra
Guardian
Imperial
Mirror
Nocturne
Pearlcatcher
Ridgeback
Skydancer
Snapper
Spiral
Wildclaw
pixelfishtank.gif King | They/It
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major
»Art Shop
»Project Wishlist
»Toyhouse

FISH.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/658420213070430258/715345866180919296/breed_banescale_1.png[/img][/url] [b][color=orange][size=7]Banescale/Coatl[/b][/size] Banescales where most likely evolved with their large scales to protect them from the heat and ash of the Ashfall Waste. Their large wings allowing them to ride updrafts of hot air much like an albatross. This would help them preserve energy in the hot wasteland climate. Due to a lack of food in the smokey sulfuric territory, they evolved with strong claws to grip their prey. This ensures they don't miss a meal because it fell in an open vent. Some Banescales have a mutation where they grow feathers, these are great for mating displays and as such would be passed down more frequently. Gradually the feathers would grow to cover the wings, and brighter colors where favored to dull ones. Coatls grew from longer, serpentine Banescales. Their smooth bodies allowing the hot air to flow more easily along them. The plumage from the early Banes spread across the body slowly, becoming an eye-catching headpiece. Coatls developed wings on their tails for added balance, as a sudden eruption could cause a severe pressure and temperature difference and throw unready dragons into a wall or vent. Their tails became longer and thinner, as well as gaining the ability of a higher level of precision and control. This may have started as a cool party trick that eventually evolved to become part of the breed. Whereas Banescales had no arms and muscular hind legs and wings, Coatls evolved small arms. These arms most likely started as a mutation, but slowly turned into claws able to hold on to slippery prey. They now have added balance, enabling them to swoop over the ocean and stick their arms in the water to gather fish. Their predecessors, the Banescales, would more than likely topple over using this technique. This is why their diets contained variety, to ensure their species survival.
breed_banescale_1.png
Banescale/Coatl

Banescales where most likely evolved with their large scales to protect them from the heat and ash of the Ashfall Waste. Their large wings allowing them to ride updrafts of hot air much like an albatross. This would help them preserve energy in the hot wasteland climate.

Due to a lack of food in the smokey sulfuric territory, they evolved with strong claws to grip their prey. This ensures they don't miss a meal because it fell in an open vent.

Some Banescales have a mutation where they grow feathers, these are great for mating displays and as such would be passed down more frequently. Gradually the feathers would grow to cover the wings, and brighter colors where favored to dull ones.

Coatls grew from longer, serpentine Banescales. Their smooth bodies allowing the hot air to flow more easily along them. The plumage from the early Banes spread across the body slowly, becoming an eye-catching headpiece.

Coatls developed wings on their tails for added balance, as a sudden eruption could cause a severe pressure and temperature difference and throw unready dragons into a wall or vent. Their tails became longer and thinner, as well as gaining the ability of a higher level of precision and control. This may have started as a cool party trick that eventually evolved to become part of the breed.

Whereas Banescales had no arms and muscular hind legs and wings, Coatls evolved small arms. These arms most likely started as a mutation, but slowly turned into claws able to hold on to slippery prey.

They now have added balance, enabling them to swoop over the ocean and stick their arms in the water to gather fish. Their predecessors, the Banescales, would more than likely topple over using this technique. This is why their diets contained variety, to ensure their species survival.
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major
»Art Shop
»Project Wishlist
»Toyhouse

FISH.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=77][img]https://flightrising.com/images/wiki/breed_bogsneak.png[/img][/url] [b][color=045924][size=7]Bogsneak[/b][/size] (I'm aware that Bogsneaks came from an accident with Baldwin, this is a guess at how they evolved naturally!) The fins on their heads can be used to regulate body temperature, fully stretching them out gives more area for their body heat to be released during the night while doing the same in the sun would soak up heat. They have long strong necks they use hold up the large head fins and, much like giraffes, eat and gather plants from trees. Their skin, covered in patches of oval like scales, helps them blend in with the murky water and mud. Powerful arms and legs end in large feet, most likely used to propel them through the thick water as well as quickly traverse the muddy land. They have strong claws and jaws, and sport a prehensile tongue, these attributes making they effective killers.
breed_bogsneak.png
Bogsneak

(I'm aware that Bogsneaks came from an accident with Baldwin, this is a guess at how they evolved naturally!)

The fins on their heads can be used to regulate body temperature, fully stretching them out gives more area for their body heat to be released during the night while doing the same in the sun would soak up heat.

They have long strong necks they use hold up the large head fins and, much like giraffes, eat and gather plants from trees. Their skin, covered in patches of oval like scales, helps them blend in with the murky water and mud.

Powerful arms and legs end in large feet, most likely used to propel them through the thick water as well as quickly traverse the muddy land. They have strong claws and jaws, and sport a prehensile tongue, these attributes making they effective killers.
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major
»Art Shop
»Project Wishlist
»Toyhouse

FISH.png
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=1][img]https://flightrising.com/images/wiki/breed_fae.png[/img][/url] [b][color=ee8fff][size=7]Fae[/b][/size] Faes are much like hummingbirds in that they cannot travel long distances without a stable source of food. They have well muscled legs, good for catching their prey of choice, insects. They have prehensile tails, most likely wrapped around prey and/or used to hold on when a strong wind blows. Their wings are larger than their bodies, and sport fleshy tassels Much like a butterfly they can choose flap lightly or ride a small breeze. Their fanned crests are used for display, and possibly added area during flight.
breed_fae.png
Fae

Faes are much like hummingbirds in that they cannot travel long distances without a stable source of food. They have well muscled legs, good for catching their prey of choice, insects. They have prehensile tails, most likely wrapped around prey and/or used to hold on when a strong wind blows.

Their wings are larger than their bodies, and sport fleshy tassels Much like a butterfly they can choose flap lightly or ride a small breeze. Their fanned crests are used for display, and possibly added area during flight.
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major
»Art Shop
»Project Wishlist
»Toyhouse

FISH.png
Gaoler/Tundra
Gaoler/Tundra
»ADHD and Queer
»Marine Bio Major