Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hol up.
1 2 3 4
Does that mean they have all of those...old timey advertisements? gasp
Does that mean they have all of those...old timey advertisements? gasp
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="Kapow" date="2020-04-14 15:29:21" ] Electricity biscuits should be the official factory made snack from lightning [img]https://hne-rs.s3.amazonaws.com/filestore/1/2/3/3/1/8_406d5afb2a891e9/123318scr_59a266effeb7747.jpg[/img] Electric baked biscuits [/quote] *wheeze*
Kapow wrote on 2020-04-14 15:29:21:
Electricity biscuits should be the official factory made snack from lightning
123318scr_59a266effeb7747.jpg

Electric baked biscuits
*wheeze*
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
omg omg 1920s dragon speakeasies????? sign me UP
2484046.png
[quote name="Kapow" date="2020-04-14 15:29:21" ] Electricity biscuits should be the official factory made snack from lightning [/quote] I 100% support this. This is what Stormcatcher is always telling his people to get back to work on. They make triscuits. [quote name="Stormhawke" date="2020-04-14 16:45:57" ] I've kind of fest since I saw that, that the 1920s is a little late. With the items in our hoards, I get more of a pre-1900, Victoriana feel. More of the cusp where steam, diesel and electric power meet. [/quote] It's possible that some clans are more advanced than others. After all, we also have medieval type armor. Maybe it's just Lightning that's in the 1920s. [quote name="SilverOtter" date="2020-04-14 18:43:14" ] You mean my dragons are swinging through the roaring twenties? They just want to party. [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4G4fMKw.png[/img]
Kapow wrote on 2020-04-14 15:29:21:
Electricity biscuits should be the official factory made snack from lightning
I 100% support this.
This is what Stormcatcher is always telling his people to get back to work on. They make triscuits.
Stormhawke wrote on 2020-04-14 16:45:57:
I've kind of fest since I saw that, that the 1920s is a little late. With the items in our hoards, I get more of a pre-1900, Victoriana feel. More of the cusp where steam, diesel and electric power meet.
It's possible that some clans are more advanced than others. After all, we also have medieval type armor. Maybe it's just Lightning that's in the 1920s.

SilverOtter wrote on 2020-04-14 18:43:14:
You mean my dragons are swinging through the roaring twenties? They just want to party.
4G4fMKw.png
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
[quote name="nostalgicgalaxy" date="2020-04-14 21:06:48" ] omg omg 1920s dragon speakeasies????? sign me UP [/quote] ...i am [i]so[/i] jumping on this lore idea
nostalgicgalaxy wrote on 2020-04-14 21:06:48:

...i am so jumping on this lore idea
i feel like lightning is in a weird fusion of the 1920s and a steampunk cyberpunk distant future mashed unevenly together into a weird cliche mad scientist aesthetic society, so there's just weirdly advanced steam/clock technology shoved in everywhere. then when you get out of the cities, towards the outskirts, it very quickly devolves into a post-apocalyptic scavenger society.
the next closest place is arcane, which can't really be quantified on a human scale because we don't have magic, so i place them at roughly the same level as lighting but entirely magic-based and with a technology level locked mostly pre-electricity. but they also have magical teleportation and warping the fabric of spacetime, so.
next is fire, which mainly seems to be industrial revolution themed.
i'm not super certain of any of the other's technology/magic levels but light seems to be in a magical version of some kind of idealized mashup of greece/rome, wind is definitely a heavily idealized version of ancient china with magic and i guess some 1800's-1900's elements thrown in there, ice appears to be skyrim, i'm not sure what technology level shadow is at but they seem to live mostly in isolated swamp huts and cults but they also have action figures and the level of industry and interconnected capitalism necessary to produce action figures and get them into the claws of grumpy teenagers?? and not certain what's going on with plague but i don't think they'd approve of any technology OR magic more advanced than "this is a bone spear, for stabbing"

now that i think of it, none of the flightrs seem to be at a stereotpycal european medieval fantasy level, which is really weird for dragons.
i feel like lightning is in a weird fusion of the 1920s and a steampunk cyberpunk distant future mashed unevenly together into a weird cliche mad scientist aesthetic society, so there's just weirdly advanced steam/clock technology shoved in everywhere. then when you get out of the cities, towards the outskirts, it very quickly devolves into a post-apocalyptic scavenger society.
the next closest place is arcane, which can't really be quantified on a human scale because we don't have magic, so i place them at roughly the same level as lighting but entirely magic-based and with a technology level locked mostly pre-electricity. but they also have magical teleportation and warping the fabric of spacetime, so.
next is fire, which mainly seems to be industrial revolution themed.
i'm not super certain of any of the other's technology/magic levels but light seems to be in a magical version of some kind of idealized mashup of greece/rome, wind is definitely a heavily idealized version of ancient china with magic and i guess some 1800's-1900's elements thrown in there, ice appears to be skyrim, i'm not sure what technology level shadow is at but they seem to live mostly in isolated swamp huts and cults but they also have action figures and the level of industry and interconnected capitalism necessary to produce action figures and get them into the claws of grumpy teenagers?? and not certain what's going on with plague but i don't think they'd approve of any technology OR magic more advanced than "this is a bone spear, for stabbing"

now that i think of it, none of the flightrs seem to be at a stereotpycal european medieval fantasy level, which is really weird for dragons.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
I'm imagining a dragon with a flapper now lol [emoji=mirror tongue size=2]
I'm imagining a dragon with a flapper now lol
Z4EXqHV.png QQYyU47.png
image9.png
the great dergsby is my new favorite book
the great dergsby is my new favorite book
I feel like it would depend on the clan and element-cross-elemental cities would probably be the most advanced, with tiny nature/ice/plague clans being the least advanced.
I feel like it would depend on the clan and element-cross-elemental cities would probably be the most advanced, with tiny nature/ice/plague clans being the least advanced.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
I've actually just started looking into adding some more tech that my dragons could reasonably have. I've known about that detail for a while now, but only just started adding mentions of these to my lore: fluorescent lights (1901), geothermal reactors (1911; enhanced by magic and living in fire, of course), and I'm currently trying to find a way to add radio and/or tv to my lore. My clan's not too far from lightning, so it wouldn't be too hard or outrageous to assume they've got some of the lastest tech.
I've actually just started looking into adding some more tech that my dragons could reasonably have. I've known about that detail for a while now, but only just started adding mentions of these to my lore: fluorescent lights (1901), geothermal reactors (1911; enhanced by magic and living in fire, of course), and I'm currently trying to find a way to add radio and/or tv to my lore. My clan's not too far from lightning, so it wouldn't be too hard or outrageous to assume they've got some of the lastest tech.
1 2 3 4