Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Can FR dragons have Heterochromia?
1 2 3
i like the idea that if a dragon is born on the border between two elements, it'll have an eye of each element. so shadow and light, arcane and plague, water and wind, etc. but not, say, earth and lightning.

ice/wind or ice/fire could be theoretically possible if a dragon is born in the waters between those territories, but that's less common since like,, who's givin birth in the ocean lol
i like the idea that if a dragon is born on the border between two elements, it'll have an eye of each element. so shadow and light, arcane and plague, water and wind, etc. but not, say, earth and lightning.

ice/wind or ice/fire could be theoretically possible if a dragon is born in the waters between those territories, but that's less common since like,, who's givin birth in the ocean lol
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
Well they lay eggs, so maybe on a raft or boat during a migration? Ice/Arcane is possible too, maybe even more likely since the archipelagoes seem to run into each other.
Well they lay eggs, so maybe on a raft or boat during a migration? Ice/Arcane is possible too, maybe even more likely since the archipelagoes seem to run into each other.
don't like my dragons
If they’re fully grown and not a male spiral or male snapper, would we ever even know....?

I can’t think of any other pose where we can see both eyes...
If they’re fully grown and not a male spiral or male snapper, would we ever even know....?

I can’t think of any other pose where we can see both eyes...
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
I technically have one but its just my headcannon. Kokoro here sacrificed her life to save Sornieth from a Shade fragment that was reforming. She died but was brought back to life by both the Windsinger and Lightbringer due to her heroism and personality (both gods essentially loved her for different reasons and recreated her after she perished.) She was originally a wind dragon but now she's both a wind and light dragon. However, her light eye is only visible when she chooses to use her light elemental abilities. All other times she looks like a wind dragon. She's the only one of her kind. But normally dragons with two eye colors would be against cannon because a dragon's element is directly tied to their magic and life and changing it or adding another element would hurt the dragon. It only worked with Kokoro because the Wingsinger and Lightbringer worked together this one time to make her physically different from other dragons. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4571855] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/45719/4571855_350.png[/img] [/url]
I technically have one but its just my headcannon.

Kokoro here sacrificed her life to save Sornieth from a Shade fragment that was reforming. She died but was brought back to life by both the Windsinger and Lightbringer due to her heroism and personality (both gods essentially loved her for different reasons and recreated her after she perished.) She was originally a wind dragon but now she's both a wind and light dragon. However, her light eye is only visible when she chooses to use her light elemental abilities. All other times she looks like a wind dragon. She's the only one of her kind.

But normally dragons with two eye colors would be against cannon because a dragon's element is directly tied to their magic and life and changing it or adding another element would hurt the dragon. It only worked with Kokoro because the Wingsinger and Lightbringer worked together this one time to make her physically different from other dragons.

4571855_350.png
XriSV9h.gif
[font=Comic Sans MS]I mean,there exists this thing:[/font] [item=Prismatic Fillet] [font=Comic Sans MS]While someone has mentioned on a thread about Scribbles' tail that dragons can have various mutations that aren't visible on official art,then can imagine that dragons born on flight territory borders (or G1s taken from one territory to another,in case of non-neighbor flight territories) can have two different colors of eyes. [/font]
I mean,there exists this thing:
Prismatic Fillet
While someone has mentioned on a thread about Scribbles' tail that dragons can have various mutations that aren't visible on official art,then can imagine that dragons born on flight territory borders (or G1s taken from one territory to another,in case of non-neighbor flight territories) can have two different colors of eyes.

W6LdAlV.gif
I could see a more subtle variation where a dragon has two different eye types? Here's a mockup of a baby with one Uncommon and one Rare Nature eye. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HPbPoQr.png[/img] It would be consistent with lore, as far as I know. You could even go even more drastic with, say, one common and one primal.
I could see a more subtle variation where a dragon has two different eye types? Here's a mockup of a baby with one Uncommon and one Rare Nature eye.

HPbPoQr.png

It would be consistent with lore, as far as I know. You could even go even more drastic with, say, one common and one primal.
DSEHBxF.png
Adding to the complexity of this! [size=1](Sensitivity warning, multigaze listed further in post)[/size] I see no reason why they cannot have heterochromia. From my understanding (which is in no way perfect, mind you, just what I've come to learn XD), most people have a base of brown eyes due to Melanin, right? And the loss of it is what causes people to have different eye colors; blue, hazel, green, etc. Now dragons are not humans, no, and I understand that. But following some of the other examples (like the image for the prismatic filet, or the rare eye colors for some flights), it makes perfect sense to me that sometimes the eyes don't always come out together. The main question for me would be, how varying would the color differences be? Would it be along a greyscale, or full on color diversity? Would one eye always have to be of the color of their element? And then I present to you my own frustration; my bane baby that just hatched. How can their main eye have no pupils but their genetics have a multigaze that DOES have pupils!? Hnngh, this bothers me way more than I think it should... XD [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60447510] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/604476/60447510_350.png[/img] [/url]
Adding to the complexity of this! (Sensitivity warning, multigaze listed further in post)

I see no reason why they cannot have heterochromia. From my understanding (which is in no way perfect, mind you, just what I've come to learn XD), most people have a base of brown eyes due to Melanin, right? And the loss of it is what causes people to have different eye colors; blue, hazel, green, etc.

Now dragons are not humans, no, and I understand that. But following some of the other examples (like the image for the prismatic filet, or the rare eye colors for some flights), it makes perfect sense to me that sometimes the eyes don't always come out together.

The main question for me would be, how varying would the color differences be? Would it be along a greyscale, or full on color diversity? Would one eye always have to be of the color of their element?

And then I present to you my own frustration; my bane baby that just hatched.

How can their main eye have no pupils but their genetics have a multigaze that DOES have pupils!? Hnngh, this bothers me way more than I think it should... XD

60447510_350.png
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
okay but who says it has to be from 2 different elements? It could just be plague rare in one eye and plague common in the other
okay but who says it has to be from 2 different elements? It could just be plague rare in one eye and plague common in the other
akueye3.png
You know, with the eye update, I'm surprised that wasn't something that was added as a rare eye type. That would be super cool if we could have dragons like that, just one of those ones that won't pop up very often.
You know, with the eye update, I'm surprised that wasn't something that was added as a rare eye type. That would be super cool if we could have dragons like that, just one of those ones that won't pop up very often.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
@Reithya It's strange that his mutligaze eyes have goat pupils, while his main eye is blank. I also feel since dragons live are so dependent on their elements that colour variants would be from the same colour area (Like ice would be white/blue, etc),

but if dragons have Melanin/Melanocytes, that would have to change, right? Since people with Heterochromia of any type have a random colour (Depending on how much Melanin)

After reading everything on this post, I'm even more confused/questioning more-
@Reithya It's strange that his mutligaze eyes have goat pupils, while his main eye is blank. I also feel since dragons live are so dependent on their elements that colour variants would be from the same colour area (Like ice would be white/blue, etc),

but if dragons have Melanin/Melanocytes, that would have to change, right? Since people with Heterochromia of any type have a random colour (Depending on how much Melanin)

After reading everything on this post, I'm even more confused/questioning more-
1137.png ZENIIKU.
he/they | FR + 2

PLAGUE
52014.png
"We are not meeting again. And the universe is forgetting you, and I am remembering you. But not because I am caring. The beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away. There is no time to forget before all is forgotten."

16453.png
1 2 3