Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | gaolers with fans
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The only thing I’m thinking about is how gaolers with fans would be harder for me to brush, and pet
The only thing I’m thinking about is how gaolers with fans would be harder for me to brush, and pet
*She/her
*Gen1 lover
*Talk to me about music, art,
books, and history! I'd love to chat!
MVU2bgM.png
I rather like that the gene gives them a mismatched, unwieldy look- it reminds me of the lore on Gembond being a disease. There could be a great in-universe explanation of how Gaolers ended up with this ill-fitting gene from their ancient foe.

I imagine a Gaoler who traveled to petition the Plaguebringer for aid, so his kind could populate her land and thin out the threat of the shade-touched. The alteration she made allowed them to tolerate the blazing temperatures near the heart of the Scarred Wasteland, but weighed them down and hindered them in other ways. The trade-off that allowed the strongest of the Gaolers to survive and proliferate where none of their kind had succeeded before, and cut them off from other species who found their mutation shocking, marked them as true children of Plague.
I rather like that the gene gives them a mismatched, unwieldy look- it reminds me of the lore on Gembond being a disease. There could be a great in-universe explanation of how Gaolers ended up with this ill-fitting gene from their ancient foe.

I imagine a Gaoler who traveled to petition the Plaguebringer for aid, so his kind could populate her land and thin out the threat of the shade-touched. The alteration she made allowed them to tolerate the blazing temperatures near the heart of the Scarred Wasteland, but weighed them down and hindered them in other ways. The trade-off that allowed the strongest of the Gaolers to survive and proliferate where none of their kind had succeeded before, and cut them off from other species who found their mutation shocking, marked them as true children of Plague.
I think it looks okay, but it's kinda clashy with the lore. Those fins would freeze in two seconds in the Frozen Wastes!

However, it has lore potential for how Gaolers are adapting to the rest of Sornieth, so that could work.
I think it looks okay, but it's kinda clashy with the lore. Those fins would freeze in two seconds in the Frozen Wastes!

However, it has lore potential for how Gaolers are adapting to the rest of Sornieth, so that could work.
LxbWmll.png
Looks cool imo. Fins + fur is an interesting combination and it breaks up the basic silhouette + fills in dead/white space in a way that you'd usually use apparel for on modern breeds, so it scratches that itch for me. Plus it's translucent, which looks really good and visually interesting. I'm surprised people don't seem to like it all that much, seems like a top shelf gene to me!
Looks cool imo. Fins + fur is an interesting combination and it breaks up the basic silhouette + fills in dead/white space in a way that you'd usually use apparel for on modern breeds, so it scratches that itch for me. Plus it's translucent, which looks really good and visually interesting. I'm surprised people don't seem to like it all that much, seems like a top shelf gene to me!
i love them.

*puts mouth up to mic*

i love them

they are so cool
i love them.

*puts mouth up to mic*

i love them

they are so cool
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
It makes me like gaolers, tbh. I really disliked gaolers when they were released. I have two gaoler gene changes sitting in my vault in case I ever change my mind, and I can genuinely see myself buying a dragon and breed changing them to Gaoler just for fans. They look pretty sweet!
It makes me like gaolers, tbh. I really disliked gaolers when they were released. I have two gaoler gene changes sitting in my vault in case I ever change my mind, and I can genuinely see myself buying a dragon and breed changing them to Gaoler just for fans. They look pretty sweet!
16032.png Unbred G1 doubles for sale

Characters for sale - 25% off
I just figure that certain Gaolers swim in the arctic waters around/under the Southern Icefield and the fans are more fins used for greater maneuverability in the water.
I just figure that certain Gaolers swim in the arctic waters around/under the Southern Icefield and the fans are more fins used for greater maneuverability in the water.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
It’s a bit weird. Idk how I feel about it yet. Does make me think of the hydrenas though. [item= heckling hydrena]
It’s a bit weird. Idk how I feel about it yet. Does make me think of the hydrenas though. Heckling Hydrena
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
i mainly dislike it cause it just clashes too much with the general design and aesthetics of gaolers???

i wonder why they picked fans over all the other bane tert genes...
i mainly dislike it cause it just clashes too much with the general design and aesthetics of gaolers???

i wonder why they picked fans over all the other bane tert genes...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9