Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Early Days of Flight Rising....
1 2 3 4
[quote name="@icealkaid" date="2019-12-13 08:44:18" ] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/J49YPQ1x/360-20191214002539805.png[/img] Just found this. [/quote] [b][i][size=5]THE SINS AND HORROR OF ANCIENT TIMES[/i][/b]
@icealkaid wrote on 2019-12-13 08:44:18:
360-20191214002539805.png
Just found this.

THE SINS AND HORROR OF ANCIENT TIMES
tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio5_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio7_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio6_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio9_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_oho03eSUbh1rusn4k_100.pngc55ff5aa607ecbcc9038939788cdcda9.png
Did someone mention Coli glitches? [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/3a1e19f0a3bd65c30e2735855dae9a0d/tumblr_inline_ose8owDH1z1subww5_1280.png[/img] This didn't change that long ago, but I found a screenshot of the old Scrying Workshop, too: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/af943db2458bea664c3367e7a2511eb1/tumblr_n3it93GjQL1t7elv2o1_1280.png[/img] (Looking at the date on the post I got that from: 2014? It feels like the Scrying Workshop is a lot more recent than that!) I also found some Bear discourse on my blog from after the Light festival that cycle. I was discussing how the Light Bear was a lot better than I was expecting and I was really hoping that Arcane's would be just as majestic, or at least not cuddly. (Oh how disappointed I was) I also discussed how Bears not retiring messed up my "don't hoard retired items like you do on every other site" plan since I was going to sell the previous year's Familiars the next year for a profit, but with them not retiring, there was no guarantee there was a profit to be made.
Did someone mention Coli glitches?

tumblr_inline_ose8owDH1z1subww5_1280.png

This didn't change that long ago, but I found a screenshot of the old Scrying Workshop, too:

tumblr_n3it93GjQL1t7elv2o1_1280.png

(Looking at the date on the post I got that from: 2014? It feels like the Scrying Workshop is a lot more recent than that!)

I also found some Bear discourse on my blog from after the Light festival that cycle. I was discussing how the Light Bear was a lot better than I was expecting and I was really hoping that Arcane's would be just as majestic, or at least not cuddly. (Oh how disappointed I was) I also discussed how Bears not retiring messed up my "don't hoard retired items like you do on every other site" plan since I was going to sell the previous year's Familiars the next year for a profit, but with them not retiring, there was no guarantee there was a profit to be made.
Posts like this just makes me look forward to the future. To more improvements.

My inbox is still full of hundreds of messages because we don't have folders.
The inbox won't take you to the page you were last at when anything is deleted. And you can't go to specific pages. If you have 250 pages in your inbox, you have to click an arrow 250 times.

The inbox won't take you to the page you were last at when anything is deleted. And you can't go to specific pages. If you have 250 pages in your inbox, you have to click an arrow 250 times.
Y3kY2LN.png
[quote name="icealkaid" date="2019-12-13 08:44:18" ] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/J49YPQ1x/360-20191214002539805.png[/img] Just found this. [/quote] Ah yes. I remember this pain well.
icealkaid wrote on 2019-12-13 08:44:18:
360-20191214002539805.png
Just found this.
Ah yes. I remember this pain well.
[quote name="Shian" date="2019-12-13 10:44:31" ] Posts like this just makes me look forward to the future. To more improvements. My inbox is still full of hundreds of messages because we don't have folders. The inbox won't take you to the page you were last at when anything is deleted. And you can't go to specific pages. If you have 250 pages in your inbox, you have to click an arrow 250 times. [/quote] Yeah, that would really be nice to be able to click on a page of messages. I already went through the pain of just clicking the entire way back so I could delete AH messages
Shian wrote on 2019-12-13 10:44:31:

Yeah, that would really be nice to be able to click on a page of messages. I already went through the pain of just clicking the entire way back so I could delete AH messages
tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio5_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio7_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio6_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio9_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_oho03eSUbh1rusn4k_100.pngc55ff5aa607ecbcc9038939788cdcda9.png
Sadly I don't really have any pictures, since I deleted all of my old messages and stuff.

Definitely have fond memories of the site when it just began though; forget how I actually heard about it but I know that it was so different back then. Dragons actually being hard to get, and maxing the lucky streak out being an actual big deal.

I remember digging to get immaculate tablets and briefly doing some battling -- I think I got a dragon to the level where you could equip an elemental attack and then gave up because I found it too 'complicated'..
Sadly I don't really have any pictures, since I deleted all of my old messages and stuff.

Definitely have fond memories of the site when it just began though; forget how I actually heard about it but I know that it was so different back then. Dragons actually being hard to get, and maxing the lucky streak out being an actual big deal.

I remember digging to get immaculate tablets and briefly doing some battling -- I think I got a dragon to the level where you could equip an elemental attack and then gave up because I found it too 'complicated'..
Oh goodness I joined in 2015, I “quited” 2 times one being very recently, I think now back for a week or a few days. There was a thing where every time you bought something from the market place and AH there was an automatic message sent confirming it. It filled my message box up like it was nothing .
Oh goodness I joined in 2015, I “quited” 2 times one being very recently, I think now back for a week or a few days. There was a thing where every time you bought something from the market place and AH there was an automatic message sent confirming it. It filled my message box up like it was nothing .
Heck yes, more veterans from the good ol' days!! Anybody remember that infamous bug where you'd feed your dragons, and your ENTIRE STOCK OF CONVERTED FOOD would be swallowed by the abyss?

Because I do.

;_;
Heck yes, more veterans from the good ol' days!! Anybody remember that infamous bug where you'd feed your dragons, and your ENTIRE STOCK OF CONVERTED FOOD would be swallowed by the abyss?

Because I do.

;_;
w7Z8MA5.png
I joined in... 2015-2016(don't remember when exactly), and I remember the auction house revamp, the site beta, soooooo much stuff in the auction house, Baldwins becoming available, Baldwin transforming (didn't get to see it, never used brewing back then), and Skydancers back when they didn't have lore.
I joined in... 2015-2016(don't remember when exactly), and I remember the auction house revamp, the site beta, soooooo much stuff in the auction house, Baldwins becoming available, Baldwin transforming (didn't get to see it, never used brewing back then), and Skydancers back when they didn't have lore.
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
Just going to put this here. Doesn't look like much, but it is the very first message I ever got on FR. [img]https://i.imgur.com/0QuvCps.png[/img] Yes, I have over 100 pages of DM's I had to go back through to get here... >.> Including the pain of all the AH stuff I never managed to delete XDDD I'm so, so, so glad the site doesn't lag anymore. Those first few days, man... XDD
Just going to put this here.

Doesn't look like much, but it is the very first message I ever got on FR.

0QuvCps.png

Yes, I have over 100 pages of DM's I had to go back through to get here... >.> Including the pain of all the AH stuff I never managed to delete XDDD

I'm so, so, so glad the site doesn't lag anymore. Those first few days, man... XDD
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
1 2 3 4