Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Username changes?
1 2 3
I’m lucky that I’m not on a ton of pinglists but if you are, I’d start writing them down now for the course of maybe a couple weeks (unless you wanna go through your notification history)
Sometimes change is a good thing! I’ve changed my UN twice and while I’ve ultimately liked my usernames, I’ve never regret the changes.
I would very much sleep in the idea though, see how you feel in a couple days before making a decision if you’re on the fence.
I’m lucky that I’m not on a ton of pinglists but if you are, I’d start writing them down now for the course of maybe a couple weeks (unless you wanna go through your notification history)
Sometimes change is a good thing! I’ve changed my UN twice and while I’ve ultimately liked my usernames, I’ve never regret the changes.
I would very much sleep in the idea though, see how you feel in a couple days before making a decision if you’re on the fence.
Yeah, pinglists were a little annoying, but I ended up changing flights the same day. I'm sure Plague has been pinging a dead account for months now, lol.

It's been worth itthough, love my name, love my flight. It was a refreshing change of pace that got me out of a rut.
Yeah, pinglists were a little annoying, but I ended up changing flights the same day. I'm sure Plague has been pinging a dead account for months now, lol.

It's been worth itthough, love my name, love my flight. It was a refreshing change of pace that got me out of a rut.
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
never changed, love my username. but change yours if you really want to, it'll be a hassle with the pinglists but worth it in the end!
never changed, love my username. but change yours if you really want to, it'll be a hassle with the pinglists but worth it in the end!
3Lr6Rsp.png
This popped up as soon as I changed my name. I'm on my second name change.

Very worth it.
This popped up as soon as I changed my name. I'm on my second name change.

Very worth it.
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

After I changed my username, I just used the forum search to find any forums I had either posted asking to be added to a pinglist, or any posts that had both "pinglist" and my old username (Cyabella) in it. After that, it wasn't too hard to let people know that I had changed my username, and to edit any pinglists I was on :)

Personally, I think it's worth it -- at least, it was in my case. Razatharia is a name I go by a lot more than Cyabella (which was originally just my Minecraft username; although, I've since changed my MC UN to Razatharia as well haha).
After I changed my username, I just used the forum search to find any forums I had either posted asking to be added to a pinglist, or any posts that had both "pinglist" and my old username (Cyabella) in it. After that, it wasn't too hard to let people know that I had changed my username, and to edit any pinglists I was on :)

Personally, I think it's worth it -- at least, it was in my case. Razatharia is a name I go by a lot more than Cyabella (which was originally just my Minecraft username; although, I've since changed my MC UN to Razatharia as well haha).
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
yes
yes
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
It might be worth it? Depends whether you're satisfied with your new username or not. :)

I had to change mine a couple months back because of a creepy dude who managed to find me on every site I use. Of course, changing my username was easier in a way seeing as I wasn't in any pinglists, lol.
It might be worth it? Depends whether you're satisfied with your new username or not. :)

I had to change mine a couple months back because of a creepy dude who managed to find me on every site I use. Of course, changing my username was easier in a way seeing as I wasn't in any pinglists, lol.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
I changed mine once, no regrets because the I love my current name and the old one is no longer relevant.
I changed mine once, no regrets because the I love my current name and the old one is no longer relevant.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I'mma be the lone voice of dissent here, haha, but only mildly.

Your current username has a lot of recognition behind it. You're active, you're well-known, you've got a heckin good lair and when I see your username pop up on things like g1 pricing threads I know it's reliable. Of course, you're not going to be less reliable if you change usernames, but that instant recognition will take a while to build back up.

That said, it IS your username and you should do what makes you happy. If you go "ugh that again" every time you see it, well, probably time for a change.
I'mma be the lone voice of dissent here, haha, but only mildly.

Your current username has a lot of recognition behind it. You're active, you're well-known, you've got a heckin good lair and when I see your username pop up on things like g1 pricing threads I know it's reliable. Of course, you're not going to be less reliable if you change usernames, but that instant recognition will take a while to build back up.

That said, it IS your username and you should do what makes you happy. If you go "ugh that again" every time you see it, well, probably time for a change.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
never
3-letter names are op
never
3-letter names are op
Ra2gKTW.png
may ♠ she/her ♠ +9 fr time
[ accent shop ]
1 2 3