Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Metallic/Alloy way different on Banes?
1 2 3 4
I *thought* it looked weird.... It’s like super bright and harsh. I wonder why they did that...
I *thought* it looked weird.... It’s like super bright and harsh. I wonder why they did that...
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Honestly it looks like bane scales are glowing. I hate it too, but since they are associated with fire and make their lairs underground, I am choosing to believe that metallic is like that because they glow in the dark.
Honestly it looks like bane scales are glowing. I hate it too, but since they are associated with fire and make their lairs underground, I am choosing to believe that metallic is like that because they glow in the dark.
tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png
It looks like they missed some of the highlighting on some of the colors. For example Grapefruit and White appear to be missing the lighter sections.

I like how metallic/alloy look in comparison to metallic/alloy on the modern breeds, but some of them do appear to be missing some highlights/shading on the wings.
It looks like they missed some of the highlighting on some of the colors. For example Grapefruit and White appear to be missing the lighter sections.

I like how metallic/alloy look in comparison to metallic/alloy on the modern breeds, but some of them do appear to be missing some highlights/shading on the wings.
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
it just.... hurts too look at
I am not fan of metallic/alloy but this.... uffff. grapefruit one on banes os so bright that it hurts eyes
it just.... hurts too look at
I am not fan of metallic/alloy but this.... uffff. grapefruit one on banes os so bright that it hurts eyes
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
theyre just closer to the sun than the other breeds
theyre just closer to the sun than the other breeds
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
It almost feels like a different gene. I don't hate it for the most part (some color combos look cool with it), it's just not what I was expecting.

I have a way bigger problem with the way the highlighting make it look like the wing membrane is bulging out. Like I cannot honestly tell whats going on there. It's worse on the males too. Is the wing pushing up or down? Who knows.

And can someone explain what in the world is supposed to be happening with the membrane near the second joint? Like what is it connected too??? It looks like its on the forward side of the arm?? Is it connected to the part that originates from the shoulder??? Is it some weird flap?? I have no idea.
It almost feels like a different gene. I don't hate it for the most part (some color combos look cool with it), it's just not what I was expecting.

I have a way bigger problem with the way the highlighting make it look like the wing membrane is bulging out. Like I cannot honestly tell whats going on there. It's worse on the males too. Is the wing pushing up or down? Who knows.

And can someone explain what in the world is supposed to be happening with the membrane near the second joint? Like what is it connected too??? It looks like its on the forward side of the arm?? Is it connected to the part that originates from the shoulder??? Is it some weird flap?? I have no idea.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Huh, that is odd.

It's likely an error; perhaps if there's enough uproar about it they'll fix it like with Constellation when it first came out.
Huh, that is odd.

It's likely an error; perhaps if there's enough uproar about it they'll fix it like with Constellation when it first came out.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I did notice its super bright in comparison but personally it looks nicer to me than all the other breeds with it. my usual gripe with met/al is that the dragons just look like texture less 3d models rendered under some fancy light effect and its just so dull and flat... whatever glitch happened with bane's i adore the variation in texture it at least gets.

my only issue is that it makes most lighter colors even calm tones into eye-burner status. but honestly trimmings can usually tone it down a fair bit with the right colors.

casually one of the few who would rather it not be changed oops
I did notice its super bright in comparison but personally it looks nicer to me than all the other breeds with it. my usual gripe with met/al is that the dragons just look like texture less 3d models rendered under some fancy light effect and its just so dull and flat... whatever glitch happened with bane's i adore the variation in texture it at least gets.

my only issue is that it makes most lighter colors even calm tones into eye-burner status. but honestly trimmings can usually tone it down a fair bit with the right colors.

casually one of the few who would rather it not be changed oops
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
Yeaaah, I'm not always a fan of how much darker Metallic/Alloy get on modern breeds, but at least it's better than Banescales that way-- it looks just plain terrible on them! Kind of washed out.
Yeaaah, I'm not always a fan of how much darker Metallic/Alloy get on modern breeds, but at least it's better than Banescales that way-- it looks just plain terrible on them! Kind of washed out.
don't like my dragons
Yeah I've been noticing this as well!!! Sometimes metallic/alloy works if none of the other genes do, that's why I like to use it sometimes. But ever since I've noticed this I've steered clear from those two genes. I'm hoping that the fr team see's this. But just in case they don't, @raynefall it might be a good idea to type up a "Contact Us" forum with the title "Error in Genes on Banes" or something similar. I've already sent one out, but I'm sure they'll fix it soon :)
Yeah I've been noticing this as well!!! Sometimes metallic/alloy works if none of the other genes do, that's why I like to use it sometimes. But ever since I've noticed this I've steered clear from those two genes. I'm hoping that the fr team see's this. But just in case they don't, @raynefall it might be a good idea to type up a "Contact Us" forum with the title "Error in Genes on Banes" or something similar. I've already sent one out, but I'm sure they'll fix it soon :)
tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio5_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio7_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio6_75sq.pngtumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio9_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_oho03eSUbh1rusn4k_100.pngc55ff5aa607ecbcc9038939788cdcda9.png
1 2 3 4