Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breed movements
1 2 3
Guardians: I'm thinking sorta... idk maybee bear-like?
Bogsneak: Komodo dragon, definitely.
Coatl: Either like Skinks, or they don't and they literally just lift their legs off the ground and slither.
Skydancers: Cranes. Def cranes.
Snapper: BIG CH O NK WHO OWNS THE PLACE.
Mirrors: Either wolf, big cat, or horse-like.
Gaolers: Big cats.
Fae: Like r ats
Tundras: Probably like llamas or monkeys or smthn.
Ridgebacks: This weird sorta... half-dainty half big chonk movement?
Imperials: Strangely human-like if we had short legs and could walk on all fours.
Pearlcatchers: CAreful of EVERYTHING. They walk SO SLOWLY just to make sure the ydon't step on a DANG BLADE OF GRASS.
Nocturnes: Think of proto-drakes from WoW.
Spirals: Weasel/Ferret.
WildClaws: Go play JWE and hatch some dang raptors. There. That's it.
Guardians: I'm thinking sorta... idk maybee bear-like?
Bogsneak: Komodo dragon, definitely.
Coatl: Either like Skinks, or they don't and they literally just lift their legs off the ground and slither.
Skydancers: Cranes. Def cranes.
Snapper: BIG CH O NK WHO OWNS THE PLACE.
Mirrors: Either wolf, big cat, or horse-like.
Gaolers: Big cats.
Fae: Like r ats
Tundras: Probably like llamas or monkeys or smthn.
Ridgebacks: This weird sorta... half-dainty half big chonk movement?
Imperials: Strangely human-like if we had short legs and could walk on all fours.
Pearlcatchers: CAreful of EVERYTHING. They walk SO SLOWLY just to make sure the ydon't step on a DANG BLADE OF GRASS.
Nocturnes: Think of proto-drakes from WoW.
Spirals: Weasel/Ferret.
WildClaws: Go play JWE and hatch some dang raptors. There. That's it.
Y’all—why isn’t anyone talking about the fact that Guardians probably swim like alligators?
Y’all—why isn’t anyone talking about the fact that Guardians probably swim like alligators?
mkpoaHZ.png
Tundra's & Gaoler's have a very elegant pace like an Afghan Hound [emoji=coatl happy size=2]
Tundra's & Gaoler's have a very elegant pace like an Afghan Hound
ice_by_darkside_of_wolf-db574ku.png
Bogsneak: similar to a skink or Komodo dragon

Coatls: cross between river otter and noodle dogs (I think they're called daschunds?)

Skydancers: deer

Snappers: stegosaurus, or crocodile

Mirrors: wolf

Gaolers: big fluffy buffalo (or caribou.. any big thing with horns really)

Fae: cross between birds and squirrels

Tundras: Gaolers but more graceful, maybe a bit like a fox or wolf?

Ridgebacks: cats, but with terrible balance (like my sister's cat — sorry Danny, but it's true)

Imperials: giant, less-graceful Skydancers (like Chinese dragons in movies)

Pearlcatchers: combination of rabbit, mouse, and anything that goes skittering when it gets scared

Nocturnes: less-graceful Coatl

Spirals: snake, lizard, worm, mosquito squiggle.. you get the idea

Wildclaws: velociraptor, human, flamingo.... anything that's bipedal (I can really see them acting like ostriches for some reason)

Edit: I forgot....

Guardians: definitely lion or tiger
Bogsneak: similar to a skink or Komodo dragon

Coatls: cross between river otter and noodle dogs (I think they're called daschunds?)

Skydancers: deer

Snappers: stegosaurus, or crocodile

Mirrors: wolf

Gaolers: big fluffy buffalo (or caribou.. any big thing with horns really)

Fae: cross between birds and squirrels

Tundras: Gaolers but more graceful, maybe a bit like a fox or wolf?

Ridgebacks: cats, but with terrible balance (like my sister's cat — sorry Danny, but it's true)

Imperials: giant, less-graceful Skydancers (like Chinese dragons in movies)

Pearlcatchers: combination of rabbit, mouse, and anything that goes skittering when it gets scared

Nocturnes: less-graceful Coatl

Spirals: snake, lizard, worm, mosquito squiggle.. you get the idea

Wildclaws: velociraptor, human, flamingo.... anything that's bipedal (I can really see them acting like ostriches for some reason)

Edit: I forgot....

Guardians: definitely lion or tiger
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
for walking, I agree somewhat with a lot said, but there's two things I think different about. Faes reming me of arboreal frogs. Now they most spend their zime flying, probably, but if they don't, they likely prefer to climb, and would totally hop on the ground.
The limb proportions of pearls remind me of hadrosaurs, so zhey likely do what msny of those did. walking on all fours, but running on two. Also, I imagine pearls that have to run longer distances a somewhat hopping style of movent. Think kangaroo, but more gallop-y.

Now for something completely different: flying locomotion
(this is disregarding the fact most of thrm lack stabilisers, something that bothers me a lot.)

Guardians: similar to large, broad-winged waterfowl. Also, since they like to swim, it' s not too uncommon to see them go full flying fish. Except bigger, of course.
Bogsneak: Highly depends. Flightlessness is very common among bogs. But given how morphic they are, plenty of ones with larger, stronger wings and/or smaller, lighter body shape thst can fly. Each of them needs to find their own style, though. There is no norm.
Coatls: Similar flying style to peahens. To get to tight spots where they can't use their wings, they might be able to flatten themselves and, well, look up gliding snakes. Those are pretty cool.
Skydancers: Not as elegant as you think. Ever seen a crane fly in flight? That.
Snappers: The ones that are granted the gift of flight via magic do - contrary to popular belief - not flail around like hummingbirds. Instead, they have their wings usually spread eide to catch what little air they can get to reduce the strsin continued magic usage has on them.
Mirrors: Bascially secertary birds. can fly, but generally prefer not to. Instead use their wings mostly to balance atop struggeling prey.
Gaolers: See snappers. Although gaos are even more likely to stay on ground.
Fae: Hover fly, except bigger and slower. Don't actually need their wings, though. Could stay aloft entirely via magic and not even feel any drain.
Tundras: A sort of wavy flight, like a finch, in which they have alternating periods of fluttering and falling.
Ridgebacks: Whatever large ahzdarchids flew like.
Imperials: Like a tubrnose, if they fly, they'll likely fly for a long time. Unlike a tubenose, they actually don't have the wing length or body shape for that. Therefore need to supplement a lot via magic. Also unlike a tubenose, they prefer being on the ground.
Pearlcatchers: Like tundras, basically finch.
Nocturnes: Flappy, like bat or small pterosaur. Also, unlike any other breed so far, they use a quadrupedal launch similar to those animals.
Spirals: Also flappy, but overall more eel-like in terms of body movement.
Wildclaws: Non-avian theropods. They use their wings to help them balance, run and wing assisted incline running. May or may not be able of true flight, but it'd be rather inefficient.
for walking, I agree somewhat with a lot said, but there's two things I think different about. Faes reming me of arboreal frogs. Now they most spend their zime flying, probably, but if they don't, they likely prefer to climb, and would totally hop on the ground.
The limb proportions of pearls remind me of hadrosaurs, so zhey likely do what msny of those did. walking on all fours, but running on two. Also, I imagine pearls that have to run longer distances a somewhat hopping style of movent. Think kangaroo, but more gallop-y.

Now for something completely different: flying locomotion
(this is disregarding the fact most of thrm lack stabilisers, something that bothers me a lot.)

Guardians: similar to large, broad-winged waterfowl. Also, since they like to swim, it' s not too uncommon to see them go full flying fish. Except bigger, of course.
Bogsneak: Highly depends. Flightlessness is very common among bogs. But given how morphic they are, plenty of ones with larger, stronger wings and/or smaller, lighter body shape thst can fly. Each of them needs to find their own style, though. There is no norm.
Coatls: Similar flying style to peahens. To get to tight spots where they can't use their wings, they might be able to flatten themselves and, well, look up gliding snakes. Those are pretty cool.
Skydancers: Not as elegant as you think. Ever seen a crane fly in flight? That.
Snappers: The ones that are granted the gift of flight via magic do - contrary to popular belief - not flail around like hummingbirds. Instead, they have their wings usually spread eide to catch what little air they can get to reduce the strsin continued magic usage has on them.
Mirrors: Bascially secertary birds. can fly, but generally prefer not to. Instead use their wings mostly to balance atop struggeling prey.
Gaolers: See snappers. Although gaos are even more likely to stay on ground.
Fae: Hover fly, except bigger and slower. Don't actually need their wings, though. Could stay aloft entirely via magic and not even feel any drain.
Tundras: A sort of wavy flight, like a finch, in which they have alternating periods of fluttering and falling.
Ridgebacks: Whatever large ahzdarchids flew like.
Imperials: Like a tubrnose, if they fly, they'll likely fly for a long time. Unlike a tubenose, they actually don't have the wing length or body shape for that. Therefore need to supplement a lot via magic. Also unlike a tubenose, they prefer being on the ground.
Pearlcatchers: Like tundras, basically finch.
Nocturnes: Flappy, like bat or small pterosaur. Also, unlike any other breed so far, they use a quadrupedal launch similar to those animals.
Spirals: Also flappy, but overall more eel-like in terms of body movement.
Wildclaws: Non-avian theropods. They use their wings to help them balance, run and wing assisted incline running. May or may not be able of true flight, but it'd be rather inefficient.
Ignoring the fact that snappers have non-existent wrists and are unable to move with those arms, I think they walk at a moderate calm pace, like Komodo dragons. Bogsneaks would walk like crocodiles, and juvenile ones have a greater ease at walking with their hind limbs (galloping). Faes don't tend to walk, but, when they do walk, they skip and hop around and bob their heads like birds due to their long neck and large fixated eyes. Coatls have relatively stumbby legs, so I imagine them running like ferrets (same for Spirals).
Ignoring the fact that snappers have non-existent wrists and are unable to move with those arms, I think they walk at a moderate calm pace, like Komodo dragons. Bogsneaks would walk like crocodiles, and juvenile ones have a greater ease at walking with their hind limbs (galloping). Faes don't tend to walk, but, when they do walk, they skip and hop around and bob their heads like birds due to their long neck and large fixated eyes. Coatls have relatively stumbby legs, so I imagine them running like ferrets (same for Spirals).
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
If anyone's interested, this older thread has some cute gifs that show off some running styles.

If anyone's interested, this older thread has some cute gifs that show off some running styles.

x ~~ BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS ~~ x
rKplWBX.gifhaNz1K4.gifSyuvpdB.gif
x ~~ CHEW UNTIL IT BLEEDS ~~ x
Snappers, but if startled they will leap forward 3 feet. Like a frog.
Snappers, but if startled they will leap forward 3 feet. Like a frog.
I LOVE this. Snappers hop like frogs confirmed
I LOVE this. Snappers hop like frogs confirmed
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
I imagine skydancers doing that antelope thing and, you know, [i]SPROING[/i]. [img]https://media2.giphy.com/media/ZLOCwSdu8SVs4/giphy.gif?cid=790b761147ea6e248731936bd4ea78166346115201a38ed3&rid=giphy.gif[/img] Or just trot elegantly like pretty a lipizzan horse. Or both.
I imagine skydancers doing that antelope thing and, you know,

SPROING.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761147ea6e248731936bd4ea78166346115201a38ed3&rid=giphy.gif

Or just trot elegantly like pretty a lipizzan horse. Or both.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 3