Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Not here for the Ro anymore, I guess
A bit over a year ago, I was searching the Internet for good dragon icons. My D&D groups meet online, and I needed an icon for my dragon familiar, Ro. FR came up under "dragon avatar", so I decided, heck why not, I'd try to breed the most Ro-like dragon I could. By the time I figured out that there was no way to actually make a wingless dragon here, I was kind of hooked. (I ended up using the Windsinger's picture for her, because he matched her description pretty well).

All good things come to an end, and our campaign concluded this morning. The evil has been defeated, the world has been saved (sorta) (more saved than it could have been, anyway), the heroes were reincarnated and are growing up as happy playmates. And Ro and her warlock are now a fond gaming memory.

I'm wondering if I should change my username. I mean, I haven't been here just for Ro in a year, but now I'm for her even less. If that makes any sense. Or maybe I shouldn't make decisions when I'm riding a wave of mushy sentiment. Anyway, goodbye Ro. Thank you for leading me here.
A bit over a year ago, I was searching the Internet for good dragon icons. My D&D groups meet online, and I needed an icon for my dragon familiar, Ro. FR came up under "dragon avatar", so I decided, heck why not, I'd try to breed the most Ro-like dragon I could. By the time I figured out that there was no way to actually make a wingless dragon here, I was kind of hooked. (I ended up using the Windsinger's picture for her, because he matched her description pretty well).

All good things come to an end, and our campaign concluded this morning. The evil has been defeated, the world has been saved (sorta) (more saved than it could have been, anyway), the heroes were reincarnated and are growing up as happy playmates. And Ro and her warlock are now a fond gaming memory.

I'm wondering if I should change my username. I mean, I haven't been here just for Ro in a year, but now I'm for her even less. If that makes any sense. Or maybe I shouldn't make decisions when I'm riding a wave of mushy sentiment. Anyway, goodbye Ro. Thank you for leading me here.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
@justherefortheRo
Here is the touching story I didn't expect from FRD, actually.
It's... kinda wonderful, the way you've got here. And DnD roleplay, well... I do imagine how breathtaking your story was. Thank you for sharing this.
@justherefortheRo
Here is the touching story I didn't expect from FRD, actually.
It's... kinda wonderful, the way you've got here. And DnD roleplay, well... I do imagine how breathtaking your story was. Thank you for sharing this.
J4v6SGz.png _ - FR time +10
- feel free to choose pronouns
- on vacation;
_Arcane -> Lightning
- lore WIP
45c0Iib.png ftsPxVm.png Waystone2.gif
@justherefortheRo aww what a lovely story! What was your campaign like?
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
well, if you change your un you'd better keep Ro in the name- as an homage, at least. she deserves it.
well, if you change your un you'd better keep Ro in the name- as an homage, at least. she deserves it.
[quote name="@brighteningskies" date="2019-12-01 16:43:39" ] @justherefortheRo aww what a lovely story! What was your campaign like? [/quote] It was very enjoyable. Warlocks are a fun class in general; so many cool features. I did have a lot of trouble remembering all the Japanese/pseudo-Japanese names, but I was able to keep track of most of the plot. As per usual with our DM, we got crazy OP homebrew items and features, and crazy OP monsters and encounters to keep things tough. (I even had a magic comb in the last arcs that literally held the entire remaining spirit world inside). And Ro, of course, was a star. And my character had an Elfro, which was all I could ask for. (My hair actually leveled up at one point, and every time I hugged someone the DM would specify that they got lost in my huge 'fro). The ending was very bittersweet- the bubble reality of that almost all of us came from popped, and we died too- but we defeated the Big Bad, the islands were healed and repopulated, and thanks to our one outsider teammate and a Wish spell, everyone's soul got reincarnated instead of poofing away with the old world. We left our characters as happy children being raised by a PC-turned-NPC-turned-god (it's complicated), with the outsider team member as an honorary grandma. I admit, I was tearing up.
@brighteningskies wrote on 2019-12-01 16:43:39:

It was very enjoyable. Warlocks are a fun class in general; so many cool features. I did have a lot of trouble remembering all the Japanese/pseudo-Japanese names, but I was able to keep track of most of the plot. As per usual with our DM, we got crazy OP homebrew items and features, and crazy OP monsters and encounters to keep things tough. (I even had a magic comb in the last arcs that literally held the entire remaining spirit world inside). And Ro, of course, was a star. And my character had an Elfro, which was all I could ask for. (My hair actually leveled up at one point, and every time I hugged someone the DM would specify that they got lost in my huge 'fro).

The ending was very bittersweet- the bubble reality of that almost all of us came from popped, and we died too- but we defeated the Big Bad, the islands were healed and repopulated, and thanks to our one outsider teammate and a Wish spell, everyone's soul got reincarnated instead of poofing away with the old world. We left our characters as happy children being raised by a PC-turned-NPC-turned-god (it's complicated), with the outsider team member as an honorary grandma. I admit, I was tearing up.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png