Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting. Why do you do it?
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I exalt to help with dom. Heck, dominance is the main reason I moved to earth, and I want to pull my weight. Profits are a nice bonus as well.
I also exalt dragons I’ve fallen out of love with. I try to find them homes, but if I fail then they’re just gonna be fodder for earthdad.
I exalt to help with dom. Heck, dominance is the main reason I moved to earth, and I want to pull my weight. Profits are a nice bonus as well.
I also exalt dragons I’ve fallen out of love with. I try to find them homes, but if I fail then they’re just gonna be fodder for earthdad.
I exalt dragons because there is limited space for dragons in this game, and it is an intended and desired feature. Literally, if we couldn't exalt dragons, everyone would run out of room and never be able to get new dragons.
I exalt dragons because there is limited space for dragons in this game, and it is an intended and desired feature. Literally, if we couldn't exalt dragons, everyone would run out of room and never be able to get new dragons.
[quote name="fraudulentzodiac" date="2019-11-27 07:05:30" ] Money. [/quote]
fraudulentzodiac wrote on 2019-11-27 07:05:30:
Money.
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
For my flight. [emoji=lightning rune size=1] And money $$ [emoji=treasure size=1][emoji=gem size=1][emoji=money bag size=1]
For my flight. And money $$
[quote name="fraudulentzodiac" date="2019-11-27 07:05:30" ] Money. [/quote]
fraudulentzodiac wrote on 2019-11-27 07:05:30:
Money.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2022-06-01 06:21:39" ] I find the implication here that exalters are somehow not nice people a bit...tiring. I understand attachments to dragons because I'll never exalt my lore dragons. All the same, they are not living creatures. There is no moral or ethical issue involved in exalting. Canonically, it's also a great honor, NOT death. There is no secret price point to sell a dragon at where there is a promise they'll never be exalted. I did a lair purge and exalted every single one of my old dragons, dragons I spent gems on, dragons I spent 6 figures on. If your friend or any other breeder doesn't want their dragons exalted, they should not sell them. As per site rules, once a dragon leaves your lair you are no longer the owner and cannot harass other players for exalting them, because they're not your dragon anymore. Exalting is my main source of income but I breed my own to avoid harassment. [/quote] This! I'd argue that the fact we exalt means our permas are more important to us. When we're willing to let any dragon go, the fact that some are staying and we cherish and love them means more than if we didn't exalt because it felt "mean". I started to love my permas MORE when I became an exalting lair for that reason. Exalting doesn't make us heartless, it's a source of income that we can use to funnel into dragons we love even more. It's healthy for the site's economy to always have people removing dragons from the market. There are some dragons I wish I hadn't exalted, or that I wish hadn't been exalted by others, but at the end of the day, I like exalting. Leveling and training up fodder is stress-relieving for me, and I like the sense of community I get from participating in dom. Every so often, a fodder dragon will show up that I keep because I get attached, but for every dragon like that, there are thousands I've exalted and I don't have any qualms about that. I'm not trying to be vindictive or mean, but exalting is such a big part of my playstyle and it's sad that sometimes exalting gets seen as such.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2022-06-01 06:21:39:
I find the implication here that exalters are somehow not nice people a bit...tiring.

I understand attachments to dragons because I'll never exalt my lore dragons. All the same, they are not living creatures. There is no moral or ethical issue involved in exalting.

Canonically, it's also a great honor, NOT death.

There is no secret price point to sell a dragon at where there is a promise they'll never be exalted. I did a lair purge and exalted every single one of my old dragons, dragons I spent gems on, dragons I spent 6 figures on.

If your friend or any other breeder doesn't want their dragons exalted, they should not sell them. As per site rules, once a dragon leaves your lair you are no longer the owner and cannot harass other players for exalting them, because they're not your dragon anymore.

Exalting is my main source of income but I breed my own to avoid harassment.

This! I'd argue that the fact we exalt means our permas are more important to us. When we're willing to let any dragon go, the fact that some are staying and we cherish and love them means more than if we didn't exalt because it felt "mean". I started to love my permas MORE when I became an exalting lair for that reason. Exalting doesn't make us heartless, it's a source of income that we can use to funnel into dragons we love even more. It's healthy for the site's economy to always have people removing dragons from the market.

There are some dragons I wish I hadn't exalted, or that I wish hadn't been exalted by others, but at the end of the day, I like exalting. Leveling and training up fodder is stress-relieving for me, and I like the sense of community I get from participating in dom. Every so often, a fodder dragon will show up that I keep because I get attached, but for every dragon like that, there are thousands I've exalted and I don't have any qualms about that. I'm not trying to be vindictive or mean, but exalting is such a big part of my playstyle and it's sad that sometimes exalting gets seen as such.
My main reasons are just Lair Space and Money. Fire hasn't really been a huge part of Dom since I've joined the site, so lmao. I still exalt a lot of dragons. Mostly ones I've hatched but also just fodder priced ones. Some do look very pretty but it's just not worth it to keep, store, and figure out what to do with every single pretty dragon I have ever hatched.

And unless they are fodder price, I tend to not exalt them if I am buying them for gems or for more than I can exalt them for without a lot of effort that could just be put into reselling them for more money in the long term, but Lair Space is a set issue for everyone playing the game.

If you want them to be kept safe in a lair forever then shove them into your hibden and forget the exist, because selling them in any way is a sure fire way to lead them to be sold again eventually or, I guess in your hopes, for the account to be inactive forever- still in the game but not ever being touched again, which I would say is worse than exalting them since they'd still be 'active' in the game's code. Which would mess with more players in the long term.
My main reasons are just Lair Space and Money. Fire hasn't really been a huge part of Dom since I've joined the site, so lmao. I still exalt a lot of dragons. Mostly ones I've hatched but also just fodder priced ones. Some do look very pretty but it's just not worth it to keep, store, and figure out what to do with every single pretty dragon I have ever hatched.

And unless they are fodder price, I tend to not exalt them if I am buying them for gems or for more than I can exalt them for without a lot of effort that could just be put into reselling them for more money in the long term, but Lair Space is a set issue for everyone playing the game.

If you want them to be kept safe in a lair forever then shove them into your hibden and forget the exist, because selling them in any way is a sure fire way to lead them to be sold again eventually or, I guess in your hopes, for the account to be inactive forever- still in the game but not ever being touched again, which I would say is worse than exalting them since they'd still be 'active' in the game's code. Which would mess with more players in the long term.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
sweet sweet cash
sweet sweet cash
ah the age old “exalting dragons is mean” argument, didn’t expect to see it today

Anyways, money, contributing to cleaning up dragons so we don’t have a gajillion dragons clogging the site, and more recently, to help with dom pushes. I used to not really exalt more out of Just Not Wanting To than any sort of moral argument, but I’ve gotten accustomed to it over the years.

Plus it’s not like it’s killing the dragon- unless ur into that for personal lore or whatever. So it’s p sick.
ah the age old “exalting dragons is mean” argument, didn’t expect to see it today

Anyways, money, contributing to cleaning up dragons so we don’t have a gajillion dragons clogging the site, and more recently, to help with dom pushes. I used to not really exalt more out of Just Not Wanting To than any sort of moral argument, but I’ve gotten accustomed to it over the years.

Plus it’s not like it’s killing the dragon- unless ur into that for personal lore or whatever. So it’s p sick.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
Treasure, or dragons I know have zero value beyond sentimental.
Treasure, or dragons I know have zero value beyond sentimental.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18